Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scamming
Endless Offline
Banana.

Scamming

I gave this guy my theif clothes to transfer for me, and when i asked for them back he said "Thanks for the Thief Clothes, i needed a pair", i was wondering if this was against the rules. Icon_biggrin His name was "Arcane"

Endless.......
05-01-2008 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Scamming

screen shots would help for your evidence. it is most definetly against the rules to steal peoples equips, however im not sure if the GMs can do anything if you dont have screen shots. Arcane could just say your making this up.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
05-01-2008 07:13 PM
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

Endless*Whatever*=FullRotation365, Arcane=Zboy and we know each other irl it was just a practical joke. Not really trying to scam him apparently he couldn't take a joke today.

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes
Stupid is the new cool. Go with it.

[Image: priceless3yj.gif]
05-01-2008 07:14 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Even if you have screenshots, it is hard for the GMs to do anything (so far as I have seen). Technically, there is no rule about this and it is generally thought to be as much your fault for trusting someone you don't know to do a transfer. At the same time, it is at the very least violating the rule of being respectful. Either way, screen shots would help in case anything can be done. However, regardless of the outcome I would suggest being very careful about who you ask to do transfers for you.

EDIT: To Zboy: that's not really a funny practical joke, especially seeing as how you were reported for scamming before. You and FullRotation have even had this sort of problem before and seemingly worked it out - why even try to cause drama like that, then?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2008 07:18 PM by azurerogue.)
05-01-2008 07:15 PM
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

Well I tried giving them back to him but he blocked my messages and etc, so does that mean they're mine? o_o
And to Azurerouge: It was just like a 5 min thing where i warped to a different town and during those 5 minutes he kinda flipped out and reported me, so i went back to pront and pmed him, saying to come get them if he wants them, and he blocks me. O_O So it was really a joke that he just took too far.
[Image: screenheRO-Server264.jpg]

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes
Stupid is the new cool. Go with it.

[Image: priceless3yj.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2008 07:24 PM by noah18cars.)
05-01-2008 07:19 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

who cares. it was just a joke if he doesnt want them back keep them Icon_biggrin

i hate when people report and complain just to get the person in trouble which is definetly the case here. if you complained to get your equips back it would be different but this proves that your just doing it to get someone in trouble *hence not accepting the cloths back*

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
05-01-2008 07:51 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I already negotiated and told Endless to accept PMs again, so the problem should be solved. Joke or not, GMs will handle reports as they come, regardless if it's RL friends pulling jokes on each other or a real scam. We read whatever we are provided with, and whatever we can find.

05-01-2008 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Scamming is against the rule. Trying to solve the problem in-game first is usually the way to go. GM-Ayu informs me this matter is solved between both parties now, please avoid making jokes like this in the future Icon_sad

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-01-2008 07:59 PM
Endless Offline
Banana.

What do you mean cursed? I un-blocked him and I was about to trade him in Pront but he logged out before i could. I was waiting until i ran out of Red Pots Icon_razz

Endless.......
05-01-2008 10:22 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

its irrelevant now just forget it Icon_biggrin

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
05-01-2008 10:45 PM