Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Learning to draw
BlueAlchemy Offline

Learning to draw

I've never really had a thing for drawing anything... but when you see stuff such as this comic or this picutre (yea I like RO fan art,) it can really inspire a nobody like me to start drawing... that is until I remember talent doesn't grow on treesIcon_cry

So.... How much practise would I need (approximatly) to come up with something as good as those 2 links I posted?

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
05-03-2008 03:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

RE: Learning to draw

The amount of time it takes really doesn't matter. If you truly enjoy art and you really want to draw something of that quality you will put in as much time as you need to. Even if you think your first drawings suck keep on trying. So long as you keep going you will improve and you will eventually become a good artist. Browsing art and finding styles which you like is a good first step.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
05-03-2008 11:22 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

also its just if your an artistic person or not. some people have to work alot and practise alot to get good, and then people like my self on the other hand are naturally artistic, i dont draw for a year then pick up a pencil and draw something like i posted earlier on the forums. its all in ur talent. + practise xD

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
05-04-2008 06:44 AM
BlueAlchemy Offline

Alright, I'll try to find a how-to-draw book and start learning the basics. Who knows, maybe I do have some talent

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
Check out my store!
05-04-2008 01:40 PM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

On deviant there are a lot of tutorials, you don't have to buy books. Just type what ever you wanna draw then the word tutorial XD you'll get a bunch. And if you wanna learn to color with photoshop or what ever program you have you do the same. Good luck.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
05-05-2008 05:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't like the tutorials given off of most websites...
One of the most popular books I know of teaching you how to draw is Drawing on the Right Side Of the Brain, this book is one of the most popular choices for some reason. http://www.amazon.com/New-Drawing-Right-...0874774241

However, my suggestion is learn first to draw from life. I think that will teach you best how to understand drawing abstract, cartoony, or whatever, as it is the basis for all the other stuff. You can find models online, or start actually going out on your own and looking for stuff to draw.

I guess if you do some reading and them some practice, you can get pretty darn far, and probably make better stuff than the artworks you posted Icon_biggrin

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-05-2008 10:11 AM
BlueAlchemy Offline

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, there much appreciatedIcon_smile

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
Check out my store!
05-08-2008 01:38 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

We'll be expecting you to make an art thread soon :D

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
05-09-2008 12:16 AM
Yuki Offline

I hate to disturb the universe, but anybody can draw! It's like learning something you don't understand.. You need the information to be in a different form so you can understand it.
As aaronock said, drawing on the right side of the brain does help.. I can help you too!!!!!
Making a youtube account and posting your drawing process works wonders, gives you a reason to continue drawing. You literally watch yourself improve.
Also, seeing other artists draw on Paint Chat may help you learn new skills.
06-06-2008 04:22 PM