Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
donations
Pikachu Offline

donations

This is strictly my opinion but i think the donations handed out are a bit too much. Now i know servers need money to run and i myself have not yet contributed to keep us running. But i feel we can do better with donations without causing a problem with economy in the long run. Old card albums are given every 5$ donated, this is probably the main cause of my concern. OCA's i know are chance based but they still give an opportunity to attain a really powerful and rare card, on what i may humbly remind you on a low rate server xD Sorry (eg. ghostring*, thara's, hydra's) The 1 million at every 100 dollar interval is also unnecessary. (don't hurt me pandora)

Now these are just some things that come to my mind that can replace our current prizes that are more balanced yet just as rewarding.

- names of character, or names of guild change.
- sprite changes on hat gears. (eg. Replace the look of the poo poo hat with something more appealing like wings or w/e floats your boat, while still retaining its stats, so 10% demi human reduction.)
- Focus on consumables, branches, bloody branches are always fun for parties.

its been a while since i'v last been here, the donation thing is kinda what turned me away, im sure it might be an issue with at least one other person. Feedback and opinion please.
05-11-2008 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheAbyss Offline
Stealer of Glory

RE: donations

But dude when you think about it the economy in heRO is relatively high, meaning the drop rates are pretty low and everybody is too lazy to hunt their gears for themselves.
Giving out OCAs for money would help and make cards and gears and such a little more common, which would only make prices go down, bringing our economy into an acceptable range.
P.S. Give Panda a break Icon_sad she funded the server most likely out of her own pocket for the first while when people didn't donate, now it's her turn to capitalize off of her hard work.

Quik 8x/5x Assasin-Cross
[Image: a5bda3vx3.gif]
Go Here
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea... Warriors¥
"50% of marriages end in divorce. The other 50%, end in death"
05-12-2008 12:34 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

And if you can't take the Poopoo hat's unrefineable 10% Demi-human resist, there's always the trillions of Berets with the same unrefineable demi-human resist from the countless people who mob in rachel (which can be later upgraded to Refineable 10% resist with 1 Mdef)
05-12-2008 12:56 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

OCA is pretty obtainable ingame besides just castle drops and some of the tough mvps. Fishing still got OCA to get which are far more easily obtainable than donating relatively, and even in some events (though rare) you can also earn yourself an OCA as well.

Strangely I think this is actually the first review how we have imbalancing donations... most of the time, we are pretty well praised for donation rewards of items that are either aesthetic (we have all of your current suggestions so far actually), or luck based items that are also obtainable in-game.

1 million is so minor that if you really are donating for the 1 million zeny, it will barely scratch heRO's inflation compare to what some quick half hour grinding can do when it comes to making zeny, if you got the equip. This one I'm pretty sure it's so minor that with or without, it hardly matters.

That's just my opinion though, Pandora has the final word on donation items. The total luck factor and lack of any promises for good cards from OCA is all fine to me. I mean, if you are destined to be lucky, you will play poring smash and get ghostring anyway.

05-12-2008 01:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

If you think heRO's donations are unbalanced (Which really, they aren't) then you should see some of the stuff that goes on in other servers.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
05-12-2008 01:53 AM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

Well, I haven't been able to donate(But I do wish I had an extra $400 laying around sometimes for the custom egg XD) but I don't think it's that bad, especially if you compare it to other servers. Do many people donate anyways? The only thing that bothers me(a little) is getting allegiance points from donating. Because.. let's say a new player just started and donated some cash. Now he/she has more allegiance points than an older player that has been here a long time and worked their way up through the quests and events. I think you need to work for allegiance points.. Although I'm not sure if anyone else even cares about it. Hm.. Icon_neutral

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
05-12-2008 01:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Lucky Day Wrote:Well, I haven't been able to donate(But I do wish I had an extra $400 laying around sometimes for the custom egg XD) but I don't think it's that bad, especially if you compare it to other servers. Do many people donate anyways? The only thing that bothers me(a little) is getting allegiance points from donating. Because.. let's say a new player just started and donated some cash. Now he/she has more allegiance points than an older player that has been here a long time and worked their way up through the quests and events. I think you need to work for allegiance points.. Although I'm not sure if anyone else even cares about it. Hm.. Icon_neutral

Allegiance points are an overall easy thing to get anyway. You can get around 100 from doing the quests alone, then put doing ToH on top of it and...well there you have it.

o_O Kinda makes it a pointless gift for donating now that I say that.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
05-12-2008 02:11 AM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

RE:?? donations

Fruityla Wrote:o_O Kinda makes it a pointless gift for donating now that I say that.

Agreed. You should just work to get them yourself. But when you donate it gives you a ridiculous amount of points. (and there used to be like a Top 10 Points thing here.. I'm happy that's gone now) So I'd vote to remove the point prize and keep the rest.

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
05-12-2008 02:32 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

As much as I'm concerned with keeping donation balanced, I really think we do alright at it compared to many other servers. OCAs can be found in game, as can OBB and OPB and everything else we offer, even the name change and other service is available at the fairy auction.

1M reward for each 100$... this is really nothing, most playes can earn 1M zeny quite quick.

I suggest you come play in game, check the donator list, and then check who are the top players, you'll see you don't need to donate to make your way in heRO ^_^; to me thats the best way to see if donation are balanced.

Lucky is right that the top allegiance points people are donators now, when we added the donation reward honestly no one donated for a while, and then they started coming in very slowly. I didn't expect that some people would get over 200 honestly.

But overall I welcome feedback, if anyone else feels our donations to be unbalanced please speak up, this is something we need to know.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-12-2008 09:23 AM
TheAbyss Offline
Stealer of Glory

RE:??donations

GM-Ayu Wrote:OCA is pretty obtainable ingame besides just castle drops and some of the tough mvps. Fishing still got OCA to get which are far more easily obtainable than donating relatively, and even in some events (though rare) you can also earn yourself an OCA as well.

That reminds me, what was the second thing that you could get in place of an OCA that was a "surprise"

Quik 8x/5x Assasin-Cross
[Image: a5bda3vx3.gif]
Go Here
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea... Warriors¥
"50% of marriages end in divorce. The other 50%, end in death"
05-12-2008 11:49 PM