Poll: Do you like the idea?
This poll is closed.
Yes I think it's a good idea to give more exp per member in the party 85.96% 49 85.96%
No I think this will be abused 8.77% 5 8.77%
Other opinion or neutral toward the idea 5.26% 3 5.26%
Total 57 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More EXP when in Party?
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

RE:??More EXP when in Party?

Fruityla Wrote:Now that I think on it, the party thing balances itself out. Yeah, you get more exp per person but you still have to find people in your share range AND round them all up.

At least, I HOPE they still have to be in share range for the bonus to apply.

Yea Pandora said it would be within the same level range. So yea I guess it does balance out Icon_biggrin
05-13-2008 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE: More EXP when in Party?

You can be sure we are taking every bit of precaution in balancing it out. 11% can't hurt that much (Pandora's first example was +96%... uhm no! >_< ), bonus applies only if you are on the map, and we are pushing it so that if you afk, it cancels.

The rule about AFK lvling will probably be revamped and new rules might be added to. But for now on, I'd say I'm ok with the idea.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
05-13-2008 06:59 PM
Wired Offline
Banned

under 90 non trans +11% seems not that bad indeed now,
add in end game party. 95+trans.
11% is a friggin lot when your there...

also remember we already have +10% exp cards thats +21%...

Also , id like to know where does this 10% come in the calc. is it an extra 10% of your whole exp, or 10% of base monster exp ... cause I can already see ways to abuse of it with bard dancer...

also if this is implemented ...(which i dont want to lol) is it possible to make it not apply on mvp...

exp shoes +11% on a exp mvp makes it worst in my head...
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 07:39 PM by Wired.)
05-13-2008 07:32 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

im to lazy to read all 3 pages and im sure someones said this before but heres my opinion. i like it because it will encourage partying with other people. as appose to solo training with fish or something

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
05-13-2008 07:34 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Remember that this thread asks for opinions if you want to test it or not. If the public rebukes the idea now, we won't go with it. Even if the public wants it, we reserve a final say after a certain trial period to cancel it at the end of the period even if majority continues to like it. Please keep that in mind before we make 'plans' for the future.

Eh mvp exp is messed up from the beginning anyway >_>; some mvp doesn't give worthy exp for their difficulty (baphomet), and then some others are made of pure exp or something...

If this applies, this will apply on everything not just normal monster or specific class. It's a flat out change for everyone, on anything, in anywhere.

05-13-2008 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

Heh we know don't worry. I'm anxious to see how this turns out lol Will the majority of the hero's like the party exp increase and will the GM's keep it in the end. Heh Let's see how it turns out. ^_^
05-13-2008 08:10 PM
Wired Offline
Banned

Way to go...I wanna see a screeny of valkyrie party giveing 70 mill exp on dya of the sun please!
05-13-2008 08:24 PM
TheAbyss Offline
Stealer of Glory

Well, you can change almost whatever you want in the partying rules, it won't change the fact that most people don't party. I myself find partying tedius and a waste of time o.o
If your partner goes AFK for 5 minutes, you have to go AFK with him. If one person runs out of supplies, everybody has to wait. If one person dies, everybody has to wait.
Unless you add an exp. boost that can make partying faster than soloing, nobody (except for a select few who are bored) is going to party.
It all really comes back to the idea of PvP, we all want to do well and be better than the next guy, therefore we want the fastest way up to a high lvl... its all competitive really

Quik 8x/5x Assasin-Cross
[Image: a5bda3vx3.gif]
Go Here
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea... Warriors¥
"50% of marriages end in divorce. The other 50%, end in death"
05-13-2008 08:32 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

9 merchants in autotrade on a no-agro map (or a map like siroma's map)
1 character killing stuff
+9% xp
= abuse

my vote :

>>>no<<<

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 10:25 PM by Général_Argos.)
05-13-2008 10:23 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

You can't use autotrade as a rule on any monster map at all anyway.

05-14-2008 12:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply