Poll: Do you like the idea?
This poll is closed.
Yes I think it's a good idea to give more exp per member in the party 85.96% 49 85.96%
No I think this will be abused 8.77% 5 8.77%
Other opinion or neutral toward the idea 5.26% 3 5.26%
Total 57 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More EXP when in Party?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: More EXP when in Party?

My vote is for it, even if it is abusible, it'll definately encourage this lazy server to party more
05-14-2008 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired Offline
Banned

So many way to use these rules ...

GM-Ayu Wrote:You can't use autotrade as a rule on any monster map at all anyway.

Show me that rule please .

*# No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway to level/hunt AFK with means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

Change the rule then please, Cause WITH that current rule, I can still set up merch if they do not hunt or gain levels. which make my other character get the extra % anyway. thanks.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2008 12:59 AM by Wired.)
05-14-2008 12:56 AM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

Wired Wrote:So many way to use these rules ...

GM-Ayu Wrote:You can't use autotrade as a rule on any monster map at all anyway.

Show me that rule please .

*# No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway to level/hunt AFK with means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

Change the rule then please, Cause WITH that current rule, I can still set up merch if they do not hunt or gain levels. which make my other character get the extra % anyway. thanks.

no it wouldn't. Party share HAS to be on for this to even affect anything. Meaning your auto-trading merchants would have to be within the 10 level restriction for you to get the bonus exp. On top of that since share is on you are breaking the rule of auto-trading to gain exp. Nice try though.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
05-14-2008 01:13 AM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

It isn't high enough to be broken and encourage any old mish mash party, as opposed to slightly rewarding proper parties. Go for it.

This isn't at all abusable any more than you can already abuse the partying system. Seeing a character get leeched 1% faster isn't a travesty, and isn't going to stop people that are already leeching at thor/ktul or whatever.
05-14-2008 01:20 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:Well, duel clienting is BADLY abused in many servers. So it makes sense they're trying to avoid that.

When you have MVP carded equips to transfer between accounts, and no one you know or trust is online because you live in a different timezone than most of the players, and only newbies you don't know or trust are on, come tell me it makes sense for you to drop those items on the floor and try to log on the other account to pick them up.

If you get DCed, If someone else picks the items and you don't know who, If you type in the wrong pass because you are in a hurry to get your precious items and get temp IP banned or other unfortunate thing that causes you to lose the items, the GMs won't do anything about it.

So uh, no, the dual client screws people who live in Asia/Europe when it comes to transfers. It doesn't make sense to make others Ok
05-14-2008 01:25 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Nayelianne Wrote:And back on topic, I still think it's an idea worth testing. I'm not sure how it would affect very high levels, but... can it really unbalance things that much? Icon_neutral

Yes it can. At a rate of 5/5/3, players are getting more exp than the number of rare items that they should in terms of ratio to official server. Leveling even faster upsets this even more. Leveling faster/easier is essentially saying that our exp rate is actually higher than 5, and in a way "lying" about it. We are a low rate because we don't want players to be 99 trans the first day they are here, otherwise we would've been 5k/5k/3.

Yes there are also disadvantages to disable dual client, but more good things came out of it than bad in my opinion. Either way the thread is to talk about the exp share boosting idea. If you want to revoke the discussion on dual client, start another thread.

(@Mystra: I think Pandora just calculated it wrong in her first example in the thread. I think either she or Loki said that there was a calculation mistake XD; )

Just for reference, a very new server (4 days old) started up with this option turned on in the eA setting and I think theirs was set to 10%. The worse problem they have was indeed, AFK leveling and just leeching. AFK leveling isn't permitted in heRO anyway, but supposedly it just made a bunch of people sit around a cute little campfire in the party, while 2 alchemists' jellos did everything for +70% bonus exp (so 8 people party) on soil map. Some people said that this is not a problem, because these 8 could've done better than a [1.7 x (soil exp)] / 8 if they actually trained. Opponents against this idea said that it just encourages leeching in various loophole-seeking form.

So, that's an example of what other server faces, along with what that community said for both sides.

05-14-2008 01:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE:??More EXP when in Party?

TheAbyss Wrote:Well, you can change almost whatever you want in the partying rules, it won't change the fact that most people don't party. I myself find partying tedius and a waste of time o.o
If your partner goes AFK for 5 minutes, you have to go AFK with him. If one person runs out of supplies, everybody??has to wait. If one person dies, everybody has to wait.
Unless you add an exp. boost that can make partying faster than soloing, nobody (except for a select few who are bored) is going to party.
It all really comes back to the idea of PvP, we all want to do well and be better than the next guy, therefore we want the fastest way up to a high lvl... its all competitive really

For certain classes and certain builds parties already produce more XP than soloing. It's a lot easier for a priest in certain builds to keep a party alive and share XP than to try to solo and get XP. Also with the right parties and people in that party being unselfish you don't need to wait for people being dead, running low on HP or SP, or any other complaint. If the party is well balanced you can get along a lot longer than had you just soloed and spammed fish in the same area.

You might hate parties, while other people love them and wish they would happen more. The biggest problem I see with any of this is that most people don't understand or have first hand seen the joys of parties and just what can happen with a good party. Also because of some very strong feelings between guilds thanks to WoE some individuals don't want to commit to parties with other guilds because they're suddenly helping the enemy. Think to yourself how strange a party of two or even three members of Apoc, LW, DD, Behemoth, and we'll throw in BS in there as well, would be. You're asking for rivals every Wednesday and Sunday to be friends throughout the rest of the week.

The only other problem that I've ever ran into with parties is that because this server has been so strongly populated with solo players, we don't know how to make a party to kill a group of monsters. Certain classes are so use to just running in and killing things then spamming fish, that they waste resources and the healer's time in the party. I'll admit that I'm guilty of a crime like this because I am so use to soloing that I'm use to getting off spells as soon as things start following me instead of letting the tanks take agro and then blowing things up. People are so bent on PvP and soloing that they've never spent the time to learn how to kill monsters in a group setting, and that poses a problem to this push to make more parties.

Personally I love parties and support this idea even though I have come up with all of these other ideas about this. I say put it in, I plan to use it as much as I can and as often as I can as soon as it gets implimented.
05-14-2008 03:23 AM
Crashy Offline

Adrillf Wrote:Think to yourself how strange a party of two or even three members of Apoc, LW, DD, Behemoth, and we'll throw in BS in there as well, would be. You're asking for rivals every Wednesday and Sunday to be friends throughout the rest of the week.

I for one don't see what's wrong with that... but then again, I'm one of those that think rivalry should only last during the 1 and 2 hours that woe is ^_^''

Adrillf Wrote:People are so bent on PvP and soloing that they've never spent the time to learn how to kill monsters in a group setting, and that poses a problem to this push to make more parties.

That is indeed a problem... but without training (meaning a couple of failed parties) you will never learn to act like a team. Worst examples are when players run away from the party in dangerous places and drags new mobs with them back to the party -_-
Way better to just die, let the party handle the one mob that was on you and then ressurect you, instead of having the whole party die and have to walk back to where you were (especially bad in hard to get to places, like the higher floors of thanatos...)
05-14-2008 03:36 AM
Nayelianne Offline
Nyrie

@Bloody
Trust me, I know transferring items between accounts is hateful, I have a talent for filling up storages no matter what the game it is. :L But have you been in a server that most people open 4 clients at the same time? Everyone plays alone and is worried too much about buffing his main with another client on PVP to even talk to anyone.

@Ayu
You have good points. :I

._. I used to play MMOs all by myself until I started playing a game that sort of forced you to Team up to get things done (mostly quests). And it was a totally lightening experience to me.
Leveling with another person has its drawbacks, as some have pointed out in the thread, but it's so much fun!

When I read the thread I thought the 1% was merely an example to make the explanation easier to understand. If you're getting 0,04% per kill, of course an extra 1% per kill would be unbalanced. Thus reinforcing my idea of it being just for demonstrative purposes.
I'm new in the server, and I understand my constant appearance on the suggestions forum might be unwise and probably look like all I want to do is change everything around here. If that is true, I apologize. I fell in love for the server at first sight and messing it up is far from my intentions.

Unbalances and details aside... all I think is that; playing with friends, making friends, socializing in general would be something nice to encourage.
While everyone is already so 'isolated' from reality, it's not hard to actually 'isolate' yourself from people in-game too. Icon_sad
It's so easy to get so used to soloing you even feel reluctant to party. "Oh, I'll have to play in a different way... I'll have to worry about someone other than me. I might have to trust that person to make sure I don't die" and so on.

That extra experience would encourage people to party with strangers, and that always brings something different to the way you play. You have to adapt, change your way of playing or thinking. You might learn something, you might teach something, you might love or hate something. But wouldn't that be interesting as well?

Be it 1% or 0,05%. I'm all in for the team.

Edit: Woa, two people posted while I was typing @_@ *slow*

Adrillf and Crashy also pointed some interesting things.
I might be pushing it here, bringing real life to the discussion. But learning how to act as a team isn't something useful only in online gaming. Playing and being with people harmoniously can be not only fun, but a surprisingly handy skill Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2008 03:56 AM by Nayelianne.)
05-14-2008 03:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I party with others from other guilds all the time lately simply out of desperation but it has lead to good results in some cases o_o...?

Trust me, it is VERY difficult to get out of the whole "gotta do everything with guild" lock, and sometimes it does bring up awkward situations, but you haveta just think of the person when partying as your party member rather than a member of another guild, then things work out better.

I think that's the best I can put it, I'm not certain if the exp thing will fix the party problem, but if it does or doesn't it won't change how I try to do things. :o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-14-2008 05:12 AM