Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KILL STEAL
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

KILL STEAL

b4 saying ne thing there is GM Scott's defination about KS
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=71

first, wut if a monster heal another monster that i'm atking when another player atked the monster that healing the monster im' atking?

2nd, if some1 hited 3 monsters each once, and then concentrate on hitting 1 monster (all immobile), then can i atk 1 of them that he is not atking?

3, when i atked an immobile monster, and run out of sp, i rest and some 1 come killed it= ks?

[Image: la.jpg]
Vivi - Alchemist 7x(retired for now) Dark Side 75pts
Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Fabric, Immortal Heart, Alcohol
Pm Me
12-06-2005 10:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

RE: KILL STEAL

for
1) i'm guessing it consider ks
2) if the 1st 1 = ks then i'm considering this = ks
3) its a KS!

Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Pm Me
12-06-2005 10:42 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Monster that arent targetting you (following you / attacking you / casting spell on you) arent yours. If you have high flee and are sitting in front of the monster it's yours. If you walk out of range it's not yours. If you pass by someone and lose a monster (while mobbing) its not considered KS unless the other attacked it.

But please dont abuse the rules... dont follow someone until he lose part of his mob and such. Best rule is: use common sense. Dont do to other what you wouldnt want to be done to you.

Ben
12-06-2005 11:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

I don't really see how #3 is a KS since someone who walks by the monster might not see you there. He can then assume the monster killed whoever was fighting it and kill it himself.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
12-06-2005 11:09 PM
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

wut about immobile monster -_-;;;

Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Pm Me
12-06-2005 11:11 PM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

They can still kill people if that person walks too close or whatever

12-06-2005 11:13 PM
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

so u agree #1+2 = ks?

Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Pm Me
12-06-2005 11:16 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

You really need to take time to type better in here, I could barely understand what you were trying to say. This is the forums, you have the time to type things out here.

I think I get what you're saying though, like if you're in front of 3 geographer, and they're all healing each other, you want them all, so you hit them all. Then if somebody comes along and kills one, it's kill stealing.

I would say that's right, once you hit something it should be yours, or if people see you in front of some monsters healing, they should assume you will attack those monsters. I have had many people steal my geographers while trying to LET them heal each other, and it kind of pissed me off.

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
12-06-2005 11:54 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

In the special case of Geographers, it's really a though call. It's common sense that if a Geo is getting healed it's because it's been hit. But it's a somewhat "passive" monster because it's usually ranged class that rape XP from 'em. And it's not aggro at all. I mean, it cannot even move, it can't aggro you at all unless your dead next to it. It's really though to make it look like you're in danger from it (the whole point of aggroing in my book).

I can't see myself punishing someone for not knowing it was hit before. Come on, let's picture this : I come with my mage in a screen where another is FB a Geo. Fine, there are 2 of 'em, I shall hit the one the Mage is not hitting. That is considering I'm a jerk because I know what the other mage is doing! Icon_razz

But still. It's really a though call. The only thing I might see as KS in this extra special case (Immobile non passive, non ranged monsters) is if it's repetitive.

Otherwise, use common sense and patience.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
12-07-2005 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

I would say that once you engage in any form of combat with a monster, then it belongs to you and people shouldn't KS it. Common sense, really. If a monster is supporting a monster that you're killing, then that's as if a player is healing another player that you're fighting in PvP. They're both fighting you so if someone else comes along and kills your monsters, then yes that should be kill stealing.

As for #2, that should apply only if the other 2 monsters are still engaged in combat. If I arrow shower 3 seals and 2 of them walk away, then I'm only fighting one of them and the other 2 are free for all.

12-07-2005 12:10 AM