Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server Critique (needs to be moved to suggestions)
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Server Critique (needs to be moved to suggestions)

"Refined" equipment is what you can rent with real money in official server.

heRO includes most of the unused headgear items as part of the hatter's luck of the draw. Robo Eyes I believe is not current svn item, not to mention that mid headgear is always easy to tip the rather fragile game balance.

We did think about adding some of the Refined set as quest reward in one way or another, but we GMs ended up arguing each other over balance issues about it XD; In the end let's say that we got nowhere with it =P

05-28-2008 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

GM-Pandora Wrote:If you refer to Geffen 4 as the "whole map was used for just one monster for one quest", this map is a custom dungeon on heRO and has much more than just Hellion ^_^;
It retains all of the monsters from the old map, we cannot teleport, So you'll have a chance to face doppleganger, Darklord, Baphomet, LoD and Hellion with a load of minidemons and Bloody knight, along with Helion. It's hell
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2008 11:30 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-28-2008 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I remember a Helion killing party, and we died cause of all the extra monsters out on that map...but then again we weren't the best party to be taking down a Helion, but it was tons fun anyhow XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-28-2008 12:05 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

What's wrong with hell? XD

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-28-2008 12:24 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Hellion's worst part is just change undead. If you have a bathory armor on your tank, you can block the status change and your priests can keep on healing the tank. Most problems start when the tank suddenly can't be healed and started running off to the wrong direction- either luring more mobs to the party or running towards the backrow to get the casters and long range units killed by dark grand cross/stuff.

I still think the worse part of Geffen 4 is the lack of teleport, which is the main method to escape from a MvP ambush when the party isn't ready set in orientation/comformation... 3 of the 4 MvPs in Geffen 4 got pretty amazing walking speed too ><;

05-28-2008 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah, we kind of ran into an mvp we couldn't kill...Hey, I didn't know you could stop the undead change with Bathory, that at least makes it more useful than the only purpose I really saw for it before :o

05-28-2008 12:28 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Bathory is pretty far from useless from a MvPing point of view. It blocks plenty of status effects to make it quite worthwhile. Curse, Blood Sucking, Dark Blessing, Change Undead, Evil Land, Dark Breath, Hell's Judgment, are all negated/greatly reduced (Evil Land even changes to into heal) if you have bathory armor.

I'm not too sure on Critical Wound, I don't think so... but I don't have a confirmed yes or no on that one.

It reminds me to say how Loki always made the holiday quests to always have a "quest component" instead of 100% pure item collection for the holidays, and the server is always rather unenthusiastic about it. Only the few innovative players who was online the moment the quest is out really get to enjoy the quest. Everyone else was just asking for answers on main every time.

05-29-2008 12:48 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It always come back to one simple truth, you can't please all players. Some will love the new original stuff and others will hate it (or want to bypass it as quickly as possible).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-29-2008 09:41 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Holiday Quests have a time constraint so people don't feel they can sit around and try to figure it out on their own.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
05-29-2008 01:24 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The only Holiday Quest I really didn't like was that one involving finding those hidden holes, some of the clues really could have pointed off to several maps honestly, but overall I have fun doing the quests with people when there are people to do them with Icon_biggrin

05-29-2008 01:40 PM