Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I got scammed GM please help me=(
gladysfaye26 Offline
the legandary noob

I got scammed GM please help me=(

I was transfering my items to other account by Baron Samedi. (He's a fishing friend 3 weeks ago until the day he scammed me.) When I said BRB i log in my other account then he's offline. I did not screenshot on him because (what i thought I can trust him, this transfer is for the second time actually. The first time I did this, he returned back my items, but this time he gets and scammed all my items.) I waited more than 30 minutes for him to be online again. And he did log in. But when I pmed him 3 times I said "Baron, can you return back my items now?" "Please I need my items" "Give it back please" he did not respond then he logged off again. The time we dealed is around 10:00-10:30AM May 27, 2008 server time. Well, i also think that that was my fault trusting a person like him. BUT I'm still waiting for GM to help me regarding this problem. I need my items back and Baron Samedi get banned. Please don't allow players like this on your server. HELP ME PLEASE. CryCryCry

ign:
@who faye and you'll see me Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2008 02:13 AM by gladysfaye26.)
05-28-2008 02:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: I got scammed GM please help me=(

I thought I talked about this problem about it already through teOx while you were away, or did he forget to pass the word I guess?

Like I told teOx, as of this moment, your statements about another player is as valid as thin air without any sort of evidence backup. You have to realize that in these unsupported accusations, GMs are technically not obliqued to do any follow up for it. Please make it an important lesson (I believe your guild already told you about it too) to always be careful with trades, transfers and especially account sharing. Always take screenshots when important valuables are at risk in trading. "Scams" in trade windows look very much like genuine trade between friends within the item logs, and it takes a great amount of effort to have to match up the chat logs (not to mention, server suffers intense lag when Pandora uploads the logs for GMs to check them.)

We'll see what we can do, but there's no guaranteed promise, especially specified punishments against another player as 'requested' by poster, on any results. We'll decide by what we find, if we do find anything.

(By the way, preferable if you send in a Support Ticket for this type of matter in the future instead of PM+forum thread. Not only is it more secretive and something GMs always check, but also there are occassions where the players at fault sees these threads before the GM, and go on to "fix" the problems before the GMs can get to it. Link to support ticket is in my signature, or http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/ for future reference.)

05-28-2008 03:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i pmed her while she was asleep Icon_biggrin
05-28-2008 04:41 AM
gladysfaye26 Offline
the legandary noob

yeah thanks teox and ms. ayu and ms. pandora. i'm hoping that you do all your best to help me return my items back. and im sorry for causing you GMs much more job in Hero server. but i'll promise to keep on voting for this server. hero is #1 server for me.Icon_biggrin

ign:
05-28-2008 08:01 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We'll see what we can do. In the mean time I suggest that you keep trying to contact the person to get the items back if you see him online.

We'll deal with the concerned people, as for anyone else, please stay out of it. Thank you.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-28-2008 09:49 AM
gladysfaye26 Offline
the legandary noob

thanks too. im trying to contact him when im online. but he logged out and delete me as his friend.

ign:
05-29-2008 06:47 AM
gladysfaye26 Offline
the legandary noob

hmm i have some evidence that Baron Samedi sell my items to Roscoe. Roscoe vend the items that Baron got from me. I asked Roscoe if he's a friend of Baron, then he told me that Baron sell some his vended items a while agi. I have a screenshot of this but i dont know how to put it here in forum.. will you believe a sohee card for 1.5mil?? thats too low to sell.. well the person really need a quick zenny. its really obvious right??

ign:
05-29-2008 11:07 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

People decide on their own prices, so no any "lower than usual" prices do not immediately pinpoint to "obviously a theft."

Whatever shows in the itemlogs, is what GMs will use to decide on who is telling the truth.

05-29-2008 12:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gladysfaye26 Offline
the legandary noob

Ok. Can I know when will Ms. Pandora check the item logs??

ign:
05-29-2008 08:35 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

gladysfaye26 Wrote:Ok. Can I know when will Ms. Pandora check the item logs??

Patience.

Even after we checked the logs, there are other things to do and consider. Even after we "proved" someone to be at fault, we have think of how to retrieve the items, how to compensate innocent players involved (if compensating at all, which we are not required all the time depending on the gravity and situation), how to think of preventative measures and also to check records for similar cases in the past (and set it as similar cases for the future.)

Like I said to teOx in case he missed out details: we'll start checking this weekend when we are off work, and see how things go from there. You aren't the only one who lost valuables as well. There's a few other items to find too, such as Killouz's creamy clip and other items for other players.

05-30-2008 12:34 AM