Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sign Quest Concerns
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Sign Quest Concerns

Okay, so I've done the quest, killing the monster trial solo, and manually entered the witch's room, she sent me to lady hell and lady hell waved and said "What's up Juggernaut, be careful with that symbol."

Then I went to Valkyrie, she/he/it gave me The Sign, I pass this off to Mentz, who will take his dear sweet time speculating it.

Now here's my questions:

A. What am I supposed to do with Translated Ancient Document? I see it is storeable but is it now useless and doomed to forever sit in kafra stinking up one slot out of 600?

B. The two UN-storeable items I have now is Serin's Gold Ring and Sobbing Starlight. If I'm to believe the guides, they take sobbing starlight away for the geffenia key yes? But what of Serin's Gold Ring, and I'm quite sure because clicking Serin after she's dead warps you to Nilf not directly to the witch's room, that I fail to deliver the ring back to Serin. Now can I still give it to her? Cause she just mumbles "... ...... .........." over n over. If not and it's also useless i'd like it taken off my hands.

C. the 3-4 hr wait for Mentz to finish the sign, Do i have to come back at that precise window or can I just waltz in any time afterwards? Furthermore, I didn't think this b4, but would those 3 hrs be I have to keep my client open for that long, or is it 3 hrs absolutely (via server clock)

*feel free to censor blot out any lines that spoil too much of the quest*

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-29-2008 03:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Sign Quest Concerns

C. I only really know the answer to this one so I'll give it to you. You have to go in that 3-4 hour window he asks you to come back in. If you do not do it that day you must wait till the next day that time window would then apply.
Example: You turn in the Sign at 7PM (assume server time), you must return then at the hours of 10-11PM. If you do not do that, then you must wait till the next 24 hour period comes around and its 10-11PM again. Sucks, I had this happen to me in one part of the Sign Quest.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-29-2008 03:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:Now here's my questions:

A. What am I supposed to do with Translated Ancient Document? I see it is storeable but is it now useless and doomed to forever sit in kafra stinking up one slot out of 600?

B. The two UN-storeable items I have now is Serin's Gold Ring and Sobbing Starlight. If I'm to believe the guides, they take sobbing starlight away for the geffenia key yes? But what of Serin's Gold Ring, and I'm quite sure because clicking Serin after she's dead warps you to Nilf not directly to the witch's room, that I fail to deliver the ring back to Serin. Now can I still give it to her? Cause she just mumbles "... ...... .........." over n over. If not and it's also useless i'd like it taken off my hands.

A: Just store it and forever forget it.

B: Give the Golden Ring back to Serin (The First Serin NPC, in Nif town) for an extra exp bonus, and take the Sobbing Starlight to Lady Hel, she'll turn it into a Lucifer's lament that you can use to Open Geffenia(Lucifer's Lament IS storable)
10-29-2008 04:49 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

D: is it ever safe to touch the fountain in Lady Hell's Lair? What's it for anyway?

In response to Kretzer, I try to talk to Serin but she only responds with lines of dots. Perhaps I have to wait till after the quest?

Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2008 05:29 AM by Motenai_Ronin.)
10-29-2008 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Sign Quest Concerns

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:D: is it ever safe to touch the fountain in Lady Hell's Lair? What's it for anyway?

In response to Kretzer, I try to talk to Serin but she only responds with lines of dots. Perhaps I have to wait till after the quest?

Yesh, you have to Get The Sign back before you get this exp bonus....i think XD

And the fountain is safe, its used to make Cursed Waters with 1 Empty bottle and 6K
10-29-2008 05:44 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Pretty sure it's 5K (I added that in), as for the rest of your questions, seems they were answered. Good luck!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-29-2008 10:24 AM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Afaik, when you already talked to lady hell, you will NOT get the xp for serin's gold ring. According to the IroWiki guide, you have to give it back to her at a specific point of the quest to get the xp, I'm not totally sure about if it's too late or nor though, you should re-check IroWiki...

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
10-29-2008 08:48 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

That's what I mean, after the unconscious serin warped me back to nilf she already couldn't talk....

IMO I think I didn't get a chance to give it to her o.o
at least not according to the guide I read

10-29-2008 09:10 PM