Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fish crash problem(again)
xMADx Offline

fish crash problem(again)

i've had this problem before, but this time i try the very same thing that worked last time and it only made things worse and i had to reinstal the server, after i did it was fine for a while but then it suddenly came back for no apparent reason. The problem is as follows: every fish except for salmon has no picture, it is a blank space in my inventory, but they are there, when i put my pointer on it it says ''mutant fish, angel fish, etc'', and if i click on them, the game crashes. wouldnt be so bad if it only meant i cant use fish anymore, i'd get over it somehow, but now what this means is i cant take them out of my inventory and if i cliack on any by accident, i crash. i'm pretty sure it must have something to do with the new SVN, although i have absolutely NO idea what, one of mi friends patched and dowloaded/extracted the new client the same way i did, and no problem on his part. I started getting suspicious when after i had everything patched, fishes didnt have different colors anymore...than about 2 days later it started doing this, without anything having been changed. So yeah if anyone or anything has any idea what this could be...help?
(oh and its not the DATA folder, tried deleting that already, and yes RO and Sakray are fully patched)

oh and 'nother thing is i dont have the destroyed Morroc, it technically is since i cant go to places i couldnt normaly go (like the big hole in the middle) but it looks just like the old Morroc, anyway it dosent matter much but its still pretty strange that everyone seems to be working perfectly...

Hmm now thats a long boring post...i'll owe a cookie to whoever reads all this!
06-17-2008 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: fish crash problem(again)

Post me a picture of your RO folder.

Also, open the file neoncube.ini please and tell me the number inside.

Don't worry we'll figure this out Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-17-2008 01:04 PM
TheAbyss Offline
Stealer of Glory

Summary:
When you fish, some fish show up in ur inventory as blank spaces, and when you click them, you crash. Last time this happened you tried something and it worked, but now you tried it and you ended up having to redownload the server. Your friend does not have this problem. It is
not: Sakray, or the DATA folder.
(Satan Morroc hasn't been quite taken in yet i dont think... they just destroyed Morroc so far.)

Gimmeh a cookie!

Quik 8x/5x Assasin-Cross
[Image: a5bda3vx3.gif]
Go Here
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea... Warriors¥
"50% of marriages end in divorce. The other 50%, end in death"
06-17-2008 03:30 PM
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

It sounds to me that your heRO isn't up to date, try the newest mini installer, it should work with that.
06-17-2008 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xMADx Offline

OOoook, so i un/reinstaled heRO (again) aaaand...everything's fine!...except for Morroc but honnestly i don't care.
So anyway, sorry for the false alarm...not that its impossible that it will come back in like 2-3 days because it just feels like it, but right now its fine, so lets all consider that the present is a gift and let's all live in it! Now all of you call mi if you want your cookie!
06-17-2008 05:12 PM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

Run your patcher for the destroyed morroc look, it was sent in patch 40 if I'm not mistaken.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
06-17-2008 06:13 PM