Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking to learn about the Monk/Champion class
Chained Chaos Offline

Looking to learn about the Monk/Champion class

Alright, so here's the deal.

I'm fairly new to RO. I've been on one server before this, but didn't stay for all that long (had a mid 70s Wiz, and a mid level Paladin -- it was a high rate server -- then moved, and lost interest). That being said, I'm familiar enough with the game to not be at a total loss; I know how the game works. The one thing I'm really lacking here is experience. I haven't played that many of the classes, haven't been to many dungeons/towns, or even events like WoE. So, basically, I understand how everything works, but don't have first hand experience in a lot of what the game has to offer. That's what I'm hoping to get on this server: a long-term playing experience -- I'm just lookin' for a little help along the way. And that's where you fine people come into play.

As things stand, I have a 70-ish Hunter and a level 58 Gunslinger. I'm not really prone to long-range classes, but that's just how things fell into place this time around. I took a look at the iROwiki for class info, and found that the Monk/Champion appealed to me. In theory, it sounds like a class I'd be interested in. From what I've seen, I'd be interested in a Combo/Guillotine Fist hybrid, probably aimed more towards PVM/MVP killing than anything else.

Here's the problem. I've looked around here for threads, went looking for guides, and all that nice stuff. I found conflicting information in nearly every guide I read -- some said so and so skill was useless for a certain build, while another guide said you couldn't do without said skill for the exact same build. So I figured why not ask people who actually play the class frequently?

What I'm looking for from you guys is to answer a few questions for me, and to give some suggestions. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. So~

For a Combo/Guillotine Fist Monk/Champion, what skills would you say are most efficient for PvM/MVP?

Is this class one that is more or less dependent on high level gears?

What sort of stat build pointers could you give me?

And, finally
Is this a class I should wait to delve into, gaining more RO experience to better use?

Feel free to let me know anything else you think could help out, too.
If you actually read through all that and decide to reply, you get cool points.

p.s.
sorry for the wall of text.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
06-24-2008 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply