Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-23-2008 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: god items discussion

well if i may enter the fray....

well i believe many have stated their opinions well, and that some god items are just not worth it (because there are other good-enough/close-enough replacements and that the costs of ingredients just don't add up to the benefits), but i still believe megginjards are wayyyy overpowered... EVEN when stripped...

i'm saying this 'coz i kinda like monks, and 'coz i know that eventhough it is true that being fully stripped makes u a bit less stronger, but for a proper battle monk it won't be a problem as the exponentials from even only 1 meg will up his damage like crazy...

take this rough calculation as an example:
1. normal build monk to account for being naked is 92 str (+8 job 50 and +10 bless equals 110)
2. best (affordable) weapon for asura with a monk is regularly the stunner (+140 atk)
3. asura only depends on ATK and SP to determine maximum number of hits

so even when fully stripped, a monk with 110 str + megs has enough exponential bonus to do a decent amount of damage...

and yes i agree that it does not imbalance gameplay that much (in account that monks are easily subdue-able by eliminating their SP - at least the taekwon master and profs/scholar classes can, and that GTB is also immune to asura - and also ghostring when the monk is stripped and is not aspersio'ed/endowed), but as currently there is (as mentioned above by other ppl) very few players in guilds, IMHO it would be prudent to not release megs just yet.

WHEN and IF there are enough guilds and players to warrant a full scale WOE (currently the GMs have opted to only open 1 castle per location - a good decision based on the same conditions that i am referring to), THEN having a meg won't be unbalanced... (as more ppl in more guilds mean that the possibility of the other guild having a taekwon master/prof/scholar/chars that can subdue these monks are higher)

-w-
08-01-2008 05:13 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

*IF* you do think that we shouldn't release meg yet, what would be your opinion or suggestion if people has all items needed for megingard already? (no one has enough items right now though)

Not saying that we will do as you suggested, but I just want to hear the full opinion for your suggestion including what to do in the meantime until we are "ready" for one.

08-01-2008 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

well in that case, i believe the GMs can simply remove the NPC (or the NPC dialog script) of the quest for the time being... just like the WOE castles...

in light of these advancements in negotiations, if the caucus does agree on limiting god items for the time being, i believe it would be best to do the aforementioned step before anyone does have enough items for the quest...

-w-
08-01-2008 05:32 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Currently, we took out the npc already (because we use the god item quest maps for our custom quests), but on the policy that you only need to have all the god ingredient items, then you can trade a GM for the god items.

08-01-2008 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

mahawirasd Wrote:2. best (affordable) weapon for asura with a monk is regularly the stunner (+140 atk)

?????????????
hydra > atk

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2008 06:45 AM by Général_Argos.)
08-01-2008 06:44 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
mahawirasd Wrote:2. best (affordable) weapon for asura with a monk is regularly the stunner (+140 atk)

?????????????
hydra > atk

he did say affordable

08-01-2008 06:52 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

How could someone "afford" a Meg but not a hydra weapon.Question Mark

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
08-01-2008 07:36 AM