Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rules Question about Autotrade
MagnusKain Offline

Rules Question about Autotrade

Alright, I know you can not have two clients running at the same time to have a merchant selling while you play your main account on other characters and all that right? So, are you also not allow to vend on a separate account in Autotrade (I haven't used it but I assume it allows you to vend offline) while your signed on another account playing? To me it seems like the same violation of the rules but I was just curious.

I seen this last server I was on brag and brag about there population but it dawned on me. They allow double clienting. So I bet there 1000+ pop. was really more like 200 if that. Just people setting up Alchys and Merchs everywhere.

[Image: nzm4o9.jpg]
07-23-2008 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE: Rules Question about Autotrade

From what I understand.. It is allowed to have autotrade merchants on different accounts up while you play on your main account. So go ahead and create some slave autotrade accounts! Icon_smile

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
07-23-2008 11:14 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

One of the reasons @autotrade exists is so that you can play while vending Icon_biggrin

However, that merchant DOES have to be on a SEPARATE ACCOUNT in order for it to work. The game automatically logs you off upon inputting the command and if you log back onto the account with the merchant, your shop will disappear.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 11:21 AM by Fruityla.)
07-23-2008 11:19 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's perfectly acceptable to have an autotrade merch up, even more than one if you wish, while playing 1 account.

As a general rule, autotrade merchant have to be in towns or monsterless maps.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-23-2008 11:30 AM
MagnusKain Offline

What would the difference really be that using 2 at the same time. (Other than something like hogging up system resources of some sort.??) I thought the main goal of autotrade would be to not worry about disconnections or keeping the program running. Do the players in autotrade count as "online"?

Personally I see the Merchants Vending Skill as any other skill. The BALANCE to it is that you have to stand still. You use it more in your down time. (it's good to not play sometimes too ;D) You can't hunt or gain EXP in return for vending your items. If not then why not just make like an Merchant NPC that you can buy the skill or shop. Kinda makes the Merchants skill not so special... I mean if everyone has a level 20 something merchant online. =\ But thats just me.. I don't like multiple accounts (unless you need more character slots) but whatever. What do I know? ^_^ I guess I'll make me a 2nd one to sell with.
Icon_twisted

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 12:42 PM by MagnusKain.)
07-23-2008 12:41 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Except no one wants to stand around and do nothing. Especially when they could be playing at the same time. People usually find ways around such restrictions. Do you know how common is vending with bots/macro software on iRO and other official servers is? Very...

Besides, without @autotrade there won't be many shops left. What are the odds of your shop staying online if you had to go to school and get back in 8 hours? You might DC 5 minutes after you leave. Unless you have a magic ball that can predict the future and tell you when your ISP might have connection issues or some kid of hiccups.

@autotrade is a good thing, why would anyone complain about it anyway?
07-23-2008 01:34 PM
MagnusKain Offline

Bloody Wrote:Except no one wants to stand around and do nothing. Especially when they could be playing at the same time. People usually find ways around such restrictions. Do you know how common is vending with bots/macro software on iRO and other official servers is? Very...

Besides, without @autotrade there won't be many shops left. What are the odds of your shop staying online if you had to go to school and get back in 8 hours? You might DC 5 minutes after you leave. Unless you have a magic ball that can predict the future and tell you when your ISP might have connection issues or some kid of hiccups.

@autotrade is a good thing, why would anyone complain about it anyway?

Not complaining... I had a question. *stated above*

Second sentence in my last post... "I thought the main goal of autotrade would be to not worry about disconnections or keeping the program running." *again, stated in previous post* So you use @autotrade when you goto work or school or where ever.

I started on iRO about 6 years ago. I know about bots. O_O' You ain't gotta tell me. What I'm wondering is whats the point of no dual clients when you can still do the same thing. Vend and play simultaneously. Just to prevent any of the other ways they could cheat? (I think I see the Vending skill is a way to give a benefit the people who don't have time to play ALL THE TIME.)

Just to make it clear I am not looking to dual client or make it okay, I totally disagree with it. I really don't like having more than one account even.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 03:07 PM by MagnusKain.)
07-23-2008 03:03 PM
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

I think part of the point is that by dual clienting you can play/move both characters at the same time; with an @autotrade'd merchy, they can't move, and they're logged off when they have sold everything.??I don't even think you can @autotrade unless you've got a shop open.

So you can't leech your new char, or anything like that like you can with dual client.

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
07-23-2008 04:19 PM
Untitled Finale Offline

Also imo @autotrade is making things bit inflated. Usually you wouldn't want to spend time selling stuff for higher price but with autotrade you can like sell the items as high as you want without actually spending your time. Seriously some prices are just unreasonable :s
07-23-2008 04:56 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Prices being unreasonable is because fishing and mining generate so much money. All the extra money floating around is what raises prices Icon_razz

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
07-23-2008 06:56 PM