Enabling guild flag warp in town
Woo Nam Offline
All ur shiny things belong to me

Enabling guild flag warp in town

turn
it
on
kthnx.

ive already heard from cessy u guys disabled it cuz it was too much of an advantage for the defenders, and id just like to say, thats its not suppose to be easy to take a castle. if it was, the castle commerce would always be low. a guild is SUPPOSE to use warp portals to get infront of the castle, not walk there.

[Image: woonamsig9yv3ez.jpg]
[Image: mean4oz.gif]
12-12-2005 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Enabling guild flag warp in town

Yeah I was wondering why the heck I couldn't use the flag in city to get back to the castle. It's annoying as hell~

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
12-12-2005 04:15 AM
LightRocket Offline
Mandeh Man

Defenders are supposed to have an advantage against attackers when they've got a base of operations. :X It's just strategically and logically right.

Granted, I'm guildless, so it's not like it effects me. Just saying. :X

Five hundred doors
and forty more
I think are in Valhalla:
Eight hundred heroes
go through a door at once
When they go to fight the wolf.
12-12-2005 04:40 AM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

I understand why the GMs disabled it when the server was really young. There was only like ONE priest at the time with warp portal so yea, sure, the recovery time was too much of an advantage.

But now there are many priests with warp portals in all major guilds so there isn't a reason to keep it disabled.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
12-12-2005 04:54 AM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

It was actually disabled by eathena... not by us.

Flags in front of the castle does work.

And for the record defending guild will always have an advantage no matter what. They can precast/traps/ name it, they are prepared. Its easyer to defend then to attack. Only thing, an attacking guild will probably not need to kill the same person 3-4 times before to reach the emp room. But as said it wasnt us that changed it but rather eathena, so it will most likely stay as it is right now.

Ben
12-12-2005 09:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

Really you could bye a kafra agent in the guild base and save there to compensate for the missing city flags, but it's still so much better with the flags on :\

Back from the dead, again.

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

Now just Utsav, a little hunter.
12-12-2005 10:15 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

As Ben said, the change was made by eAthena, however we decided not to change it and see how it goes.

You can use the front flag (outside the castle) which warps you inside. So we tought this would encourage guilds to have priest/monk/Super novice!! that can warp them, thus be more organized.

So far, there are guilds that have succeeded in keeping a castle so it's doable, if anything it brings more challenge ^_^

We will keep things the way they are for the time being.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-12-2005 01:29 PM
Woo Nam Offline
All ur shiny things belong to me

wow eathena fails at woe. dont pose theres a way to turn the flag warp back on?

[Image: woonamsig9yv3ez.jpg]
[Image: mean4oz.gif]
12-12-2005 03:26 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Well- I know I'm probably not going to change the GMs minds, but I'm still going to offer my opinion. Icon_razz

I'm sure it's going to look biased of me to say it should be turned on, seeing as we do own a castle, heh. But I'd actually say that whether we have it or whether someone takes it from us. The thing that probably annoys me the most about it- is walking there to check guild treasure and invest and stuff when it should only take like 2 seconds. So there are other practical uses besides WoE only. It may not be a 100 mile hike- but it's still annoying.

I'd also agree that it should be part of the home-field advantage. What if the defending guild has no priest? ::Edited out next few lines::
...You know, maybe I shouldn't be talking about this and giving people ideas. Simple point being- it can't always be compensated for and can easily turn into a large advatage for the attackers if they make it through the emp. Just the way I see it, it should be pure hell to take a castle- you have to prove you're superior to the defenders..and something like this- should natch up the difficulty and make you say "thank god I'm on the defending side" =oP

And also if they get far enough, time is too precious to waste. Anyway- just my opinions.
12-12-2005 03:53 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

I see it, it should be pure hell to take a castle- you have to prove you're superior to the defenders...
What if defending a castle should NOT be pure hell too? Why should the defender get such an advantage? You proved your worth taking the castle now prove it twice by keeping it.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
12-12-2005 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply