Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discuss
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Discuss

Fates I think you need to read the changes before posting, they're changing the amount of exp gained from monster, which monster you can attack (depending on the difference between your level and the monster level), changing the amount of exp required to base level and job level, etc. seems your post does not take all this into account.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-22-2008 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

that system is already drastically altered Icon_biggrin. seems like the amount of exp gained is based on level difference on a semi-linear scale (to a certain point) so that killing a monster higher than your level can be worth it:

Equal Level: 100% exp
Monster 1 level higher: 101%
Monster 2 levels higher: 102%
Monster 3 levels higher: 103%
Monster 4 levels higher: 104%
Monster 5 levels higher: 115%
Monster 6 levels higher: 116%
Monster 7 levels higher: 117%
Monster 8 levels higher: 118%

they already fixed the stupid 100% damage reduction against people of lower level thing to a certain degree (no more clowns easily tanking maya). seems like damage is reduced (as well as def and hit) slowly as the enemy you fight increases in level. so fighting a monster 5 you might feel the effects of reduced hit, damage, and def but is always possible to kill (you can attack a wider range of monsters than previous versions of beta testing).

its also speculated that as your level gets higher, these effects are reduced such that if youre around 99 or higher you dont need to worry about these penalties as much. makes sense to me since people spend more time in the higher levels than the lower levels (dont wanna be a level 120 trans unable to touch a level 140 mob...)
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2008 01:41 PM by teOx.)
08-22-2008 01:35 PM
Master Chief Offline
Spartan Leader

I find some of the changes rather interesting but also some that are just too much to change, but I'm not gonna worry now considering to me it has no effect on heRO and if ever there is a decision in the futur about this topic then i might bother checking it out and figuring out if im for or not... so yeah thats what i think - Unessecary stress

~Spartan Leader~

UNSC: Assault Squad's Co-Leader
Master Chief(Spartan-117)
[Image: Halo3-3.jpg][Image: 2i9nkoy.png]
08-22-2008 05:12 PM