Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discuss
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Discuss

I think I'd welcome the changes. RO has shown class imbalance since trans and to be honest, I see third classes making it worse. Id love to see changes in balance, at least from a PvP perspective.

Overall, I see this as a desperate move by Gravity to keep a dying game, alive. Might just be me, but if Gravity wants to go to such drastic measures to attract players to such an old game, I'd say they've all but given up on RO2.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
08-01-2008 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naisha Offline

I agree with everyone else. I just think that they should probably ask the players already playing if changes would be great? I mean your choices make or break you right?

They really shouldnt change the system they have, its not great in their part, and it surely wont be great for us. I think they could chase after discovering new ideas and improvments, instead of changing it completely. They said they wanted to be up-to-date with the other MMO's, but i think they are. Sure the other MMO's have 3D characters with cool maps, but so does RO. RO has something i have never seen before, and it makes it wildly enjoyable. New changes would just ruin my entire experience. I am SOOO against them changing it. =(

~Naisha~

[Image: Sahima.png]
[Image: Sahima2.png]
08-01-2008 11:40 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

On the other hand we may not lose anything, even tho the changes are numerous and if any one of them were added to prest day rag it would be life shatterings, but they are all updating together. This is a full rebalancing, meaning that everything is going threw a overhaul. It could end up better or at least the same but smoother.

Remember we do get to go to 150 now..thats more agi/dex/str ect then before.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-01-2008 05:17 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

As far as I can judge it, I don't like those changes at all...
When I began playing Ro, my first char was a nat crit Sin named Mr Moe. My first char is a nat crit sin named Mr Moe.
The reason i like the nat crit sin is the fast attacks (and the cool look of lots of crits). Slowing the attacks down? what's with critlock assassins pinning ennemies in WOE? What's with any speed-related class?
Making dex unrelated to casting? The Dex->faster cast is one of the things i like most in Ro.
Also, what's with Buffs? Will they become absolutely neccessary, or will they become rather obsolete?

It's the uncertany of anything I know that creeps me.
Cutting the ASPD by half, no GT mobbing will ever be possible again, as my high aspd makes the creeps stay in one place... how will i be able to lvl at a decent pace?

Neuneck
08-01-2008 06:35 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

There are just the initial ideas that most likely will change a lot while they're developing this. I'll sit and wait for more releases with lots of details before I do/say/think anything of it.
08-01-2008 06:43 PM
BlueAlchemy Offline

I'm neutral with this idea, But my main concern is that theres a chance this upgrade is going to mess up the game completely. Although the halved attack speed will make some classes a little less rigged, but what about vit builds? They'll be so sluggish you won't be able to do squat. Everyone might as well just stick with agi so you can dodge and get more attack speed

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
08-06-2008 02:59 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

The problem with this is that it sounds like they're trying to change RO completely.

Instead of trying to overhaul an old game and screwing EVERYTHING up for your existing players, take the ideas and apply them to a new game. Hell, overhaul RO2 so people might actually play it instead of completely killing RO.

I don't see all this going beyond paper myself >_> They'll probably realize it's far too much work to go through and change existing mechanics entirely like that.

As for pservers being in trouble, I can see several stopping at Ep. 12 in order to preserve the game.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 03:17 PM by Fruityla.)
08-06-2008 03:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Heh Linnea, isn't that what we discussed last night really late in Pront? I'm with Linnea all the way on this topic here! That's all I can say :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-06-2008 03:24 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Aaronock Wrote:Heh Linnea, isn't that what we discussed last night really late in Pront? I'm with Linnea all the way on this topic here! That's all I can say :x

>_>

<_<

Why yes, yes it is.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
08-06-2008 03:56 PM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

so what happens to shared xp in parties?
this just makes the game seem long!
What happens to MVPing will it become impossible?
Already some MVPs are damn hard if on top of that we can't do the same amount of damage that we have now...

OUCH is all I can say

Cheers.

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
08-06-2008 04:02 PM