Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discuss
Babble Offline

RE: Discuss

Avalon_Fates Wrote:i'm sure Gravity isn't so idiotic they would make there lives harder by upsetting there own customers...you know like sony did.

Sarcasm, right?

Neuneck Wrote:Slowing the attacks down? what's with critlock assassins pinning enemies in WOE?

Sadly, no such thing. People can just walk away @__@

And to be honest, I don't fear much for sins aspeed, or any other class that is based on 2 handed weapons. They better put hunters aspeed down and like it says. Equipping a shield should lower you're aspeed considerably. -30% damage and still same damage output, guhhh.

Balance has always been a big problem in RO for as far as I can tell. I don't think they will mess up that-bad. although they should give a hell of a lot more bonuses for partying, exp wise.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 05:04 PM by Babble.)
08-06-2008 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

like babs said critlock doesnt exist Icon_razz

slowing attacks down isjust going to be like a weird version of other MMOs where you attack but flinching doesnt really bother you. RO is more realistic in that aspect and its satisfying as heck to see your hits stop an enemy by flinching him.

im no MMO (never played any besides RO) but ive seen videos and friends play WOW and it seems like RO is the fastest paced game in terms of pvp pvm woe and everything. theyre taking that away.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 07:05 PM by teOx.)
08-06-2008 07:02 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

I am trying to keep myself neutral to all the future updates because frankly, event tough we know all of this we barely know anything at the same time. I don't really know how it will turn out, if the gameplay will be slower/faster, if leveling will be easier, if MvPs will be impossible.

All i can do right now is wait, Shut up, and See how things turn out.
If i don't like it, i'll go to a pserver that stops at Ep 12, if i like i'll play it.
08-06-2008 09:27 PM
Killouz Offline
Siromas Killer :D

There is a way to have the new classes only?
Or only Warlocks I don't care.
:D:D:D:D
08-06-2008 10:00 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Well to me even though it looks like there will be so many changes to builds and how the exp table works, there still some upsides to the big update. And another thing, when the update comes out, well still be able to use the chars we have now, and by that time we should have at least 1 99 trans char.

We can do alot of experimenting for those people who create lots of chars. All its gonna take is some trial and error, hotpockets, fried chicken, friends and computers XD.

Im lookin foward to WoE 2 though. It seems like woe wil be alot longer, but thats just me.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-07-2008 11:19 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

It'll take so much time(if it really happens anyway) we'll probably even forget it when they finally do at least the beta tests.

And btw Street, WoE 2 isn't good to implement here yet without any kind of change since it requires a lot of people and teamwork on the huge maps that have more than 1 way of getting to the guardian stones > barricades > emperium, unlike most regular WOE castles.
08-07-2008 01:45 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

They'll find a way to implement it in.
If WoW Private servers GM's can create City Battling, and intense Battlegrounds, these GM's can do it.
But yea I see ur point

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-07-2008 03:04 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Think of it not so much as slowing attacks down, but that each aspd has a little greater difference instead of logarithmic increase... This way, only true extremely devoted agi builds that get your agi into the 120+ will actually be fast, while hybrids with 70-90 agi will have a bit more of a noticable differences in attack speed. Right now although there is differences between maximized aspd and hybrids, the aspd difference is around 10... in a way, not a lot compare to how many extra stat points is devoted to 70-80 agi compare to 99. New RO system will make it so truly devoted agi builds have the more reward.

I do agree that free resets ought to be given though because of the drastic changes to the stat system. Hopefully kRO and iRO will see the need of that.

I'm still not going to be pessimistic until I see the monster's changes as well. Why do we worry if MvP will be "impossible" if they already said, *every* monster will have new changes accordingly? I for one, like the fact that monsters hp decrease so it's less of click a button, wait forever for auto-attack to kill something... now you either can handle it, or you cannot, instead of "it's a matter of time before that 3 mil+ hp mvp will go down"

08-07-2008 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE:??Discuss

GM-Ayu Wrote:I'm still not going to be pessimistic until I see the monster's changes as well. Why do we worry if MvP will be "impossible" if they already said, *every* monster will have new changes accordingly? I for one, like the fact that monsters hp decrease so it's less of click a button, wait forever for auto-attack to kill something... now you either can handle it, or you cannot, instead of "it's a matter of time before that 3 mil+ hp mvp will go down"

I like that.
I didn't see it like that.
Thank you for allowing me to see the light.

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
08-07-2008 05:13 PM
Dynamic Thrust Offline

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Hmm I agree with bloody alot of these changes seem, a bit unnecessary why change a already good system this much
LOL!

Wait, you were serious?

Avalon_Fates Wrote:It seems everything is alot more gear reliant which is both good and bad I guess.
Uhh, I think this change will make the gear gap significantly smaller. Nerfs to obviously rigged (MVP cards) or stupidly made cards (Thara, Hydra, Horong, Smokie, and any card that allows you another classes skill)... or better yet, the removal of cards together, will make for a better party/quest/pvp experience, like the leveling changes and so on. You assume you can take monsters 10 levels above you in this new system. If changed right, which if by either the WoW or FFXI dynamic, you're not going to kill someone 10 levels ahead. But, in the same token, the new style of play, the new gear, new skills... all means that Ragnarok won't be a mindless grind with broken PvP. I might actually pay to play with such changes.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:It seems the are both stressing partying more..but by doing it by making soloing harder.
That's... kinda how it works.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Also I agree, what happens to all those builds that people spent months working on, only for the rebuild to make them invalid..

Guides can be outdated with a single update. This, is not an exception.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:i'm sure Gravity isnt so idiotic they would make there lives harder by upsetting there own customers...you know like sony did.
What the hell? You're comparing computer invasion and destruction to balancing game mechanics?

The only thing I see happening is... fair play.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:And what about Ninjas, Slingers, SG and SL. they stop at 99?? Poor classes are gonna rot...
My personal opinion is that they will recreate the skills for each class and allow a "2nd class" for Gunslingers and Ninjas, and a "3rd class" to Star Gladiator and Soul Linker. Or, extend the skills available, change the skill learning system, their qualifications, and allow more job levels for said classes.

Though, needless to say, I think Super Novis are about to be screwed.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2008 12:55 AM by Dynamic Thrust.)
08-08-2008 12:51 AM