Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discuss
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Discuss

Dynamic Thrust Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:i'm sure Gravity isnt so idiotic they would make there lives harder by upsetting there own customers...you know like sony did.
What the hell? You're comparing computer invasion and destruction to balancing game mechanics?

The only thing I see happening is... fair play.
Sony Online are responsible for a game called Star Wars Galaxies, after about 2 years of existence they revamped the whole game around with something they called NGE (New Game Enhancements).

They went from 27+ classes to only 9.
From fully customized builds where you had 150 skill points that you could invest in multiple classes, allowing for an awesome variety of characters, to having to stick to 1 class only, with a pre-determined set of skills that you get at x level, so in the end everyone of the same class is exactly the same.
You had an inter-dependant community economy with absolutely no junk, anything obtained from monsters or quest or crafting was useful to another player (at different degree of course), to having mobs dropping useless stuff that you resell to a NPC called "junk dealer".

Sony screwed over a once awesome game. They had to refund a lot of unsatisfied customer who wanted their money back because suddenly it wasn't the same game. We're hoping Gravity doesn't screw ragnarok, that's all. Although it wasn't announced as such, SWG was changed to be more like WoW, Gravity has also made some changes that leads us to believe they are trying to get more like that most popular mmo. But what the companies don't seem to realize is that we're not playing WoW, if we wanted to, we'd go play that, but we wanna play something different, thus no need to get closer to that game.

Maybe the update will be awesome, but then again maybe not and in the later case it will suck for official players, private server players wont suffer as much because it's certain that some server will remain pre-change, there are after all no-trans server in existence.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-08-2008 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:But what the companies don't seem to realize is that we're not playing WoW, if we wanted to, we'd go play that, but we wanna play something different, thus no need to get closer to that game.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Love
08-08-2008 11:23 AM
Dynamic Thrust Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:Sony Online are responsible for a game called Star Wars Galaxies, after about 2 years of existence they revamped the whole game around with something they called NGE (New Game Enhancements).

Oh, I was referring to Sony's root kit. I've heard about Star Wars Galaxies a lot.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2008 11:31 AM by Dynamic Thrust.)
08-08-2008 11:31 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

And let it be known to the world that for once bloody and I agree on something.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-08-2008 12:23 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:And let it be known to the world that for once bloody and I agree on something.

Icon_suprised yay!!!!!!!!!!!

/edit: is the world as we know it going to end? Icon_eek

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
08-08-2008 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

GM-Pandora Wrote:And let it be known to the world that for once bloody and I agree on something.
/x False

*Travels back in time a few months ago*

Bloody Wrote:Wow just wow.. I demand a compensation of the time I spent reading this utterly dumb topic.

Snapple and teOx, you do realize both of you look like idiots arguing about this, don't you?

1- You have no real reason to argue about.

2- The arrangement was 50% investment split between both guilds. Amara was taking the zeny for the zeny she ALREADY invested. As in if she invested on 1st, 2nd and 3rd April, and WoE was on the 4th April, she'd take the zeny AFTER WoE for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of April, at the same time she gives 50% of what items she got on those days. In English-for-idiots: You invest and get items at once.

3- If you say we didn't get our worth of investment I'll shoot you. How many OCAs and god items did we get? kthxbai

4- The people that invested the most zeny were Averan and I. I threw more than 20mil alone, am I whining about breaking the alliance?

5- Would you rather if Behe broke the alliance and someone else took + Held pront with it's econ? Yeah we are good, we have the greatest gears on the server, but if 2 or 3 guilds decided to ally and attack us.. Numbers > Skill.

6- We took Pront first, and we lost it after a few minutes. Behemoth took it and held it since that day. If you want to talk all big and mighty, how come we lost it first?

7- Grow up and go get ready for Sunday's WoE.

No other LW member need to whine because there is no real reason to complain, so just zip it and move on.

GM-Pandora Wrote:+1 to Bloody

I know it sounds impossible, but no one can stand in the way of miracles.
08-08-2008 12:43 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

dick Icon_biggrin
08-08-2008 12:59 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Ragnarok is occuring AGAIN in the FORUMS...BLOODY AND PANDA AGREE ON SOMETHING *Gets ready for the last hours by getting drunk*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-08-2008 01:03 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

*Throws red Tennis balls on Aaron*

them are ballz of firez and d00m Icon_smile Death is near *points at Pandora*
08-08-2008 01:12 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You better be glad I'm not in a drunken stupor quite yet or I might actually have mistaken those balls for fire and Panda as a god about to smite me!

Wait...I think that's what you intended for me to think *drinks more in hopes of passing out during the last hours*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-08-2008 01:16 PM