Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soul breaker guide
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Soul breaker guide

from now on when people ask can just link here!

about soul breaker build: formula is something fun and has so much potential to pwn.

damage is caused by int (not matk), and atk. this means there are 2 parts to the Sbk damage. think of it as 2 hits in 1.

int damage formula is something like INT * 50 at level 10. so basically if you have 100 int, thats 5000 base damage for the magic part. This part has no element (no way to reduc it except demihuman), and will never miss and ignores defense.

the physical damage formula is something like ATK * 10 at level 10. The damage of this part can be affected by element, so you can do 2x physical damage on monsters with bad elements. This physical part CAN be reduced by defense and CAN miss. Sbk is NOT affected by % cards like hydra or skel worker. dont be like those noobs soul breaking with a double hydra haedonggum. Like i said, this part is based on Atk, so the only way to raise damage on this is to increase atk with better atk weapon or adding andre or zipper bear cards. You might also want to use a good weapon for hit, so you can lower dex for other stats. i use a double heat(howard) haedonggum (+60 total hit). subtract the atk from the weapon on your left hand from the total atk to get the accurate atk rating formula for soul breaker.

this double layered damage means that if you hit any monster (with 100 int), youll do at least 5000 damage to it if you miss. up to 10k damage is easy on enemies with level 3-4 elements. int damage is more reliable and will generally do more. however in cases with elements or really high def/vit monsters the physical portion will end up doing the bulk of the damage. for example sleepers have 100 vit and 49 def, ice pick-fire soul breaker can do 13-15k (that ends up being 5k from int, and 8-10k from physical).

typical build:
80-100 str, good physical damage
80-100 int, good int damage
30-60 dex, faster SBk cast, and better hit so physical part wont miss (or use hit weapon like i mentioned earlier)

rest of stats usually allocated to vit for survival. you dont really need agi, Sbk has 9 cell range. big point of this is to reduce stun time since alot of MVPs have full screen stun (also good in pvp to get 30-50 vit)

Gears:
head: just use def hat like spiky band/feather beret or int/str boosting hats.
armor: whatever armor you normally use, or shelter carded armor/wings
Accessories: either str accessories or survival accessories
Muffler: raydric or noxious as usual i guess.
Shoes: same as always
Weapons/shield: 2 weapons is optional. the advantages to wearing a shield is obvious (30% less damage if you get hit and more def). wearing a weapon in your left hand allows you to do alot more though. for example you can keep an elemental weapon in your right hand and wear an ice pick or +hit weapon in left hand. The weapon in your left hand DOES NOT to total attack for sbk. Up to you really, personally i never used a shield for soul breaker unless its in pvp. you will need a set of elemental haedonggums and such. the element of the physical part follows the weapon in your right hand.

side note: soul breaker is an awesome skill and my favorite sinx build. it can handle itself in pvm and MVPing because of the range and high int lets you never run out of sp. but the true place where it shines is in a party. bless gives 10 more str and int which increases the damage twice as much as other classes normally get. But even more important is the soul breaker's glaring fundamental flaw: the 3 second delay. so combine it with bragi(especially a good one) and soul breaker becomes one of the best DPS in the entirety of RO.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008 02:15 PM by teOx.)
08-03-2008 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Soul breaker guide

i've never made a SinX before, but if i read your last paragraph, does that mean that it is preferable to have an elemental haedonggum on the right hand and a main gauche [4] on the left filled with +hit cards?
or should the off-hand also use a haedonggum [2] with +hit cards?
do we need to slot the elemental haedonggum?

which is better? i am thinking prolly the hae[2] for that extra int?

-w-
08-03-2008 10:46 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

Dont listen to him he's the biggest noob sinx ever. If you want a build thats better than his you could go no equips and just take a dump in your hand. If i had a build like this id prob go crying to my mom but if you wanna listen to him you could prob just dream about it instead and get by.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008 12:26 AM by ShadesOfBlue.)
08-04-2008 12:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol love you too anak.

yes if you dont need the hit, the haedonggum is better thanks to high atk and int bonus.

but a quad howard main gauche would give you 120 hit. that can come in VERY handy Laugh
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008 02:13 PM by teOx.)
08-04-2008 12:27 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'm not sure if 120 hit is really "necessary"... yeah you save a lot of dex but then you still need some dex for cast time even if you have the insane hit with weapon alone. It makes you wonder if you can have better options in the card department.

I have my doubts of haedonggum[2] is still the 'best' soul breaker weapon with all these new releases coming out in equipment. Similar to how for GC saders, lately there are plenty of talks and calculations going on to ditch the int sword, and go for some slotter products that got higher base attack power then throw andre/zipper bear cards into them.

08-04-2008 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah there might be a new sword out hehe. but traditionally it was the haedonggum. Icon_biggrin

and yeah ayu is right, theres not really a reason to use a quad main gauche unless you happen to be that short on hit to need 120 hit Icon_razz. neutral monsters like teddy are an example of a monster thats hard to hit and kill in 1 hit and will probably need more than 60 extra hit to land successful soul breakers. definitely is possible to kill them in 1 hit though, sinx pwns! Icon_biggrin

forgot to mention that a shelter card is great for the armor because it adds up to 5 int (10 on wings) for some nice damage bonus. my old build used to run with 110 int thanks to that armor.

try to get a bless whenever possible because obviously it adds 10 str and 10 int which helps soul breaker doubly.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008 02:12 PM by teOx.)
08-04-2008 01:14 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

he needed the +2 int to post this thread

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
08-04-2008 01:27 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

cant remember last time anak has said anything useful Icon_razz

<3 the comic relief though

guess i was wrong though, the skill ignores the atk from the weapon in your left hand so best to put quad howard MG or something of the sort there.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008 02:11 PM by teOx.)
08-04-2008 11:53 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

ooo ok, thx for the update...

-w-
08-05-2008 01:55 AM