Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freecast bug?
777LuCKY Offline
The Retired Astronomer

Freecast bug?

Ok I have been noticing this since level 98, My bolt skills range is 9 and when I am leveling Im usually taking advantage of my freecast skill which lets me walk while casting magic spells.??When I am leveling at seals though I notice that when I target the seals I walk towards them, yet obviously I am within range of the seals. Here is a screenshot:
(I target the nme, and right when I target, I walk toward it [But I was ready to click away] )
[Image: screenheRO-Server006.jpg]

This never seems to happen when my target is stationary, but always when both of us are in motion. I take one step to the target when I use the target spell, this has led too many experience lost because of this.

So my question is: is freecast supposed to make me take a step to my target? because before the Sage used to stand from its position??when it targeted the enemy, not take 1 step to the monster. It get really frustrating to get a % and lose it so fast by taking a step and getting killed. As many know sages do not have the privilege of soloing (that well) at bio 3 as some classes (bio 3 monster give around 500k if you solo), so you must know where I am coming from.??It take about 50 seals for lvl 98 to get a percent, which rounded off equal/close to about 1 million experience.??When I get killed due to this stupid step I take when targeting spell, it makes me very very angry Icon_mad so GM answer the question Icon_razz

It was fun heRO ~Retired~ June 28, 06! Have a good one guys!

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2005 02:44 AM by 777LuCKY.)
12-14-2005 02:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Freecast bug?

777LuCKY Wrote:Ok I have been noticing this since level 98, My bolt skills range is 9 and when I am leveling Im usually taking advantage of my freecast skill which lets me walk while casting magic spells.??When I am leveling at seals though I notice that when I target the seals I walk towards them, yet obviously I am within range of the seals. Here is a screenshot:
(I target the nme, and right when I target, I walk toward it [But I was ready to click away] )

This never seems to happen when my target is stationary, but always when both of us are in motion. I take one step to the target when I use the target spell, this has led too many experience lost because of this.

So my question is: is freecast supposed to make me take a step to my target? because before the Sage used to stand from its position??when it targeted the enemy, not take 1 step to the monster. It get really frustrating to get a % and lose it so fast by taking a step and getting killed. As many know sages do not have the privilege of soloing (that well) at bio 3 as some classes (bio 3 monster give around 500k if you solo), so you must know where I am coming from.??It take about 50 seals for lvl 98 to get a percent, which rounded off equal/close to about 1 million experience.??When I get killed due to this stupid step I take when targeting spell, it makes me very very angry Icon_mad so GM answer the question Icon_razz

You seemed to do pretty nicely in Bio 3.
But anyways Ive noticed that with my sage too, *damn Ungoliant Icon_cry*
I htikn its because the skill doesnt realise that the monster is moving, so it goes to where the monster wasw at the time its cast, not taking into account the monster isnt there /swt

12-14-2005 02:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

Same thing happens for me when my client lags or doesn't call a sprite animation on an enemy mob for a while. In the data itself the mob is some distance away but on my screen it's somewhere else, so I end up either
1. Walking toward it in the data but not on my screen
2. Walking toward it on my screen but not in the data

Dunno how to explain, but it's fucken annoying, especially when I arrow repel a monster and then click on it immediately. Sometimes the sprite will glitch and come too far or stay in place, misrepresenting where the monster actually is.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2005 03:21 AM by Cessy.)
12-14-2005 03:20 AM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Yeah, it's probably a problem with the way the client handle the monster's position. Sometime, a player stands still, target a monster in range and cast one spell, then, cast another spell and it won't cast because the monster is suddenly out of range but has not move at all in the client. The monster stand still, the player stand still and yet, the spell won't work because in reality, the monster HAS moved. There is nothing we can do about it that I know of. Icon_sad

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
12-14-2005 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

and sometimes the target already atking u while u still clicking that non-exist icon of a monster<_<

[Image: la.jpg]
Vivi - Alchemist 7x(retired for now) Dark Side 75pts
Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Fabric, Immortal Heart, Alcohol
Pm Me
12-14-2005 10:47 AM
beaver Offline
Russian Rocket

yeh that sucks especily when monster got 1 or 2 cell range attack...
its hitting you but you cant hit him because he is out of your wepon range but he isnt actualy so you need to move but blaah pfcourse it starts to stuck and monsters almoust kills you before you can move...
right?

Caramon Majere (71/42 str/dex Knight)(guild : peacekeeper)

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
12-15-2005 01:48 PM