Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about StarGladiator Damage
kyoshiro421 Offline

Question about StarGladiator Damage

I have tested my Star Gladiator's damage with his bare fist and with an ordinary book on a vanberk and it seems that the damage with bare fists is stronger than the damage with a book. I had no other buffs (except for agi and bless) and no element. Is this supposed to be like this or is something wrong with the damage output? :/

I am not real
08-21-2008 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Question about StarGladiator Damage

It would depend on the attack rating of the book you used. Assuming you used a +0 Book [3], it has an attack rating of 85. However, when you have no weapon equipped and have Running level 10, you get an attack bonus of 100. You would either have to use a a book with an attack rating higher than 100, or a book with the appropriate cards, to see an improvement in damage compared to bare fists.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
08-21-2008 06:52 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

RE: Question about StarGladiator Damage

Also, with a book there's the normal damage variation. Even with a tablet or bible, you could hit lower than the boosted kick damage unless you have very high dex. And that's not to mention the str+10 from running that Nid forgot. Generally speaking, cards are what make books worthwhile.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
08-21-2008 07:51 AM