Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best parts about HeRO?
LoveVampire Offline

Best parts about HeRO?

I just got a high speed internet computer again so I have been searching for a good server for a few days, today I saw a Ad for HeRO and saw equips that I've never seen before (like, succubus doll/hat) so I clicked and looked around since I love collecting head gear.

I am not so used to being on a low rate server, my last (and somewhat current) server is [Other name of server] which is a 'Super high Server' so I am a little afraid of switching to a low server because I usually have trouble leveling and I get bored after killing five million of the same monster and just end up quitting. I also notice HeRO makes you go on a lot more quests to earn what you want than what other servers (such as the hair and clothing color quests).

So here are some questions:
Why do you like/love HeRO?
Are the players nice/good to newbies and help them level?
Are the guilds helpful/nice?
Are good guilds easy to join?
What is the main class used/has the better advantage?
What exactly is with the demon/angel thing? Is there an advantage of being one over the other?
How hard is it to get custom pets/gear?
Is there anything other than cool custom items that I should know about that is different about HeRO?

I'm sorry is this is in the wrong place/shouldn't be talking about this. I'm just trying to find a good server to play on and this looked like a really nice one. Thinking
08-25-2008 01:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Best parts about HeRO?

Welcome to our forum!

I'll let our players answer you as they are the best reference to answer your questions.

I edited your reference to the other server as that is against our forum and server rules. ^_^

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
08-25-2008 01:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

No biggie if you got questions about heRO, I guess since I see no replies made to this topic yet I'll give the best reply I can to it XD

So here are some questions:
-------------------------------
-I love heRO cause it has one heck of a hard working GM team and there are so many people I just like here. I dunno, I guess I just have fun cause the people are great, that's what truly makes a server the best to me.

-Well dang, I think generally if a player has trouble with something they can use the @main channel or go to Pront and ask, usually you should get a good answer *hopefully nobody decides to be sarcastic about it that day.* I generally think joining a guild will give you an easier time leveling in the lower levels and even your higher ones.

-I think so, all the guilds on heRO that I know about are great in different ways and all have different focuses.

-Every guild I believe will always recruit a new player if they are recruiting at that time. Its just how we are, we all want active players XD

-Probably the classes you'll see most are sins, priests, and monks and of course their trans versions. However, there is a pretty decent mixture of everything on the server.

What exactly is with the demon/angel thing? Is there an advantage of being one over the other?
-Oh my I think that for this question I should guide you to this link as it explains it much much better I think than I could in a few short sentences ^_^...But first there is really no advantage to joining light/dark alliance that you will see gear wise, they are all the same but aesthetically different. Also for some it matters for roleplay purposes but that's optional.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...nce_system

-Pets, just get the tames from the monsters or from taming sets and tame them, not too hard typically, unless you have a hard time on the monster! Gear...hmmm that's a bit harder but with a little dedication they are all possible to make ^_^

Is there anything other than cool custom items that I should know about that is different about HeRO?
-Well I did post a link about this for the dark/light allegience but here is the front page of our wiki, feel free to check all of it out, as I feel it may clarify anything you might be confused about here on heRO! We have a lot of custom features and more are added often enough to keep things interesting I feel. In fact we recently added a newbie quest that starts with our warper lady in Prontera! That's not up on the wiki yet but I'm sure we'll get it added soon.

http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...=Main_Page

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-25-2008 02:08 AM
conch Offline
1 ea

Ahaha lemme join Icon_smile

So here are some questions (and answers)
cause of the custom stuffs, and the many players i've come to know and love

aha are they ever! most of the people are actually patient enough to deal with new comers. Well, the world isn't perfect, so there are still some "off" people. Nonetheless, the populace is generally kind to each other Love

Quite so! You could interact with people from different guilds without getting scorned by the "your guild attacked us! ENEMIES! DIE DIE!" and the likes comments.

Yeah, even the good ones are still looking for new members. Or at least i think so...

HunterLove for pvm anyway.. Patience is required at the start though..

It's actually light and dark. Both sides are balanced, so not much of an advantage when joining one... Well, the side who wins toh's mass pvp battle gets this small compensation for their victory, so yeah that's the only coolness i can think of, and of course some wings may look better than its counterpart, so up to you.

Not at all... taming items are pretty cheap, and that the tames can be actually acquired from the monster itself. So if you want the pet, then it's recommended that you should be able to kill the monster.

Personally I like the GMs here. They're more interactive than GMs from other private servers, and some GMs enjoy spoiling us HeROs, which i enjoy Love

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
08-25-2008 02:59 AM
Seriyu Offline

Overall, I'd say it's because the place is nicer then most other private servers, people are willing to answer questions (sometimes) and even when they don't, they at the very least don't jump to "omg nub" Icon_razz
No newbie hate here at all I've seen, helping them level, they'll probably be happy to tell you where to go to level, but partying isn't too big a thing here, although if you hunt around enough, you could probably find one (Depends on class, but in general)
Again, yep, WoE can get a little ugly from time to time, but it usually fades out pretty fast.
If you mean good as in powerful, yes, usually just gotta ask, good as in well mannered and nice in general, again, yeah. Icon_razz
I see a lot of assassin's, and hunters, alchemists would be a close second, from what I see.
Refer to aaronock's post, they pretty much cover it Icon_razz
Wings can be rough, depending on the set, I'd say the easiest require maybe level 50 - 70, around there. Takes a bit of time though.
Well, there's a small bonus to exp when you're in a party, nothing that's too big a deal, but it certainly helps.

Hope you decide to stick around. Icon_smile

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
08-25-2008 04:28 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

nicely thorough... lols... well what i suggest is you try it for yourself, don't just take some1 else's opinion...

i joined a month ago, and coz it's so nice i made my gf and 2 friends enter... hohoho

low rate but decent enough. Not TOO high (those are just horrible). Normal Lvls (99/70) as opposed to those 255/100 or others...
lotsa quests, nice enough commune, no bots... reset npc, banker, nice forums... TOH!!! OMG it's soo cooll... seriously... personally i think the wings would be nice, but even not getting them the TOH itself was VERY enjoyable!! a bit tiring perhaps (6 hrs++), but enjoyable nonetheless...

yes in so many ways... just listen to main... but don't beg...

yes. I joined a social one coz WOE times are not suitable for me, but that's just me... anyway i have so much fun chatting with my guildies anyway...

well i think so yeah... but some guilds may have their heads up their tootsies a bit i guess... well it's normal ain't it?

well i believe in RO the closest thing to IMBA are hunters with full agi full dex... /sob
so naturally those haxes are a bit too prevalent here... and although some say archers lvl slow in the beginning, i beg to differ... archers can hit geos as early as lvl 30.... /sob
before lvl 30, given the condition of the server, there is a VERY easy way to lvl fast...

wings... check the forums dude...

as easy as in any other server i guess.. but here with @autotrade it becomes even easier as i believe there will be no shortage of ppl vending those items...

bonus EXP when party sharing... not as much as what gravity would give if two ppl hit the same monster, but still this makes a good enuff incentive for even-sharing parties...

GL and HF...

-w-
08-25-2008 04:48 AM
LoveVampire Offline

Thank you everyone for your replies!~ I think I will try it for a bit, I haven't played in forever, what would probably be a good class to start with? (I was thinking either priest or assassin/rogue or maybe a wizard...) Cry
08-25-2008 09:56 PM
conch Offline
1 ea

[Image: smile_angry.gif]have fun

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
08-25-2008 10:15 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Depends on your style.
Do you mind buffing everyone in ur party and healing? Do you mind grinding hard soloing?
Are you normally DPS in MMO's?
or just choose a bard and get invited to random party's
XD

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-25-2008 10:26 PM
LoveVampire Offline

I generally like having someone to play with but can play alone and not too keen on healing (I heard priests take forever to level) (and can you refresh me on what DPS and MMO mean? I haven't played in forever and don't remember all the terms. @_@; ) And if I was a dancer would I get the same welcome? XD *is a girl*
08-25-2008 10:48 PM