Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Magnus Exorcimus
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Magnus Exorcimus

Guess maybe it's just me as I certainly take both grand cross and dark breath at the same time T_T Then again, I'm quite a massive failure as I still can't beat Maya and Doppelganger yet *shakes fist* Sigh still one of the only High Priest here who can't tank these two =/ So until then, I do think hibram is quite out of reach >_<; it's not easier than I imagine, but harder than I expected =/

I still think Divine Cross combo is extremely limiting... It casts slower compare to dex surv rod and/or zerom, no mdef pierce compare to SoP and lowers your defense+resistance to demon compare to using an actual shield. 10% matk bonus vs -15 MDef (or more) on top of these other problems, I think the set without is quite easily the better choice in most scenario.

As for "only banshee" I don't think that's really true. The zombies in nameless also have 45 mdef, surprisingly high hm? Just that they have naturally 1 int so it's not as bad as banshee, but staff of piercing does make quite a difference lowering the mdef from 45 to 30 (or lower.)

(However, personally I don't use SoP or Divine Cross. I always go for fastest cast possible over best damage. Faster ME comes out, more likely you'll survive.)

08-26-2008 04:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Magnus Exorcimus

GM-Ayu Wrote:Guess maybe it's just me as I certainly take both grand cross and dark breath at the same time T_T Then again, I'm quite a massive failure as I still can't beat Maya and Doppelganger yet *shakes fist* Sigh still one of the only High Priest here who can't tank these two =/ So until then, I do think hibram is quite out of reach >_<; it's not easier than I imagine, but harder than I expected =/
i dont think very many priests out there if any can tank those 2 solo without a deviant garment... found out myself that the formerly easy doppel is now capable of oneshotting with a powered up spiral.
Ayu-chan Wrote:(However, personally I don't use SoP or Divine Cross. I always go for fastest cast possible over best damage. Faster ME comes out, more likely you'll survive.)
I am against high dex for ME. obviously i would be stupid to not get a relatively huge amount of dex... but not 99. From my experience banshees are pretty hugely annoying if you dont have maxed int and matk. Theyre the hardest part about soloing abbey3. would rather drop dex to 80s or low 90s and add vit with maxed int and maybe a ulles cap with kath card.

(especially when an overlapping sanctuary/SW can be casted in split seconds before you start the ME cast)
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 05:09 PM by teOx.)
08-26-2008 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

hmm yeah i guess comparing it to a glass cannon is a bit unfair... well yeah maybe i'll have to try out ME on another 'fast' server because it seems equips quite have a say on what happens... /sob

well it's nice to see the discussion growing, i hope it doesn't die out...

ok, so maybe we should talk more into hunting strategies... so how does one HP solo these mobs with low SW? i understand assumptio is l337, but don't u need phen card? ME is cancellable rite?

-w-
08-26-2008 10:37 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Phen card imho for soloing ME, is a necessity. Start casting without phen, then switch out one of your accessory for phen, and you will have unstoppable cast with phen effect without phen penalty.

If you are going pure ME without TUing anubis at all, GH Prison has it the easiest off cause the mobs are the slowest there, but like all areas where ME is feasible, there's always one monster out there to annoy the heck out of you. In this case, it's the hunter fly that you can't do anything about but to teleport away. At the low level, any hunter fly mixed into the mob, you are forced to abandon it basically cause hunter fly breaks SW far too fast compare to your cast speed at lv 7x to low 8x.

I just heal bombed my way through to trans (I hate TU, I hate using it, I hate it with a passion, and I got my HP without TUing even once.)

08-26-2008 10:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

wooot... bug abuse? from a GM? wooot...
(or is that not a bug? /hmm)

if i may ask, why do you hate TU so much?
i have found that even low lvl tu with med int and low luk still work....
i mean i adore heal bombing wraiths and the likes, but somehow you just can't beat the feeling of doing instant 30k damage to a 15k hp wraith....
why should one hate it?

btw, what 3 skills did u put your remaining points for? why 7 SW? why not 5?

-w-
08-26-2008 10:51 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

SW has decreasing cast time in level up until lv 7. SW 8, 9 and 10 all have the same cast time as 7. However, SW 1-6 has longer cast time than 7.

I don't like any skills that have no 100% accuracy and success rate. Same reason I don't have frost diver or stone curse at all on my casters. I don't like relying on luck to win.

For the rest of the skills, and if TU is not your thing either, I'll take sanctuary up to 7 if room permits. Otherwise, upgrade TU.

08-26-2008 11:00 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

hmm is sanctuary worth it? or is it just because of the sanc-SW-ME combo?
well i know that sanc it useful in WOE, but other than that somehow i find sanc less useful (prolly 'coz i usually go for fast hunts and not stay at one spot)...

mm well i like TU, but 3 is enuff for ME build i guess... personally i prefer support-TU types...

-w-
08-26-2008 11:27 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

sanc + ME go hand in hand if you plan on visiting anywhere decently difficult.

same with SW.
08-27-2008 01:29 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

yes i understand where you're coming at, but does sanc heals enough to withstand any and all incoming damage? i believe with assumptio it can, but without assump? so ME works better for HPs huh i guess...

-w-
08-27-2008 02:40 AM
RaineViamont Offline
raggle fraggle?

sanc saves you somewhat while casting, it hurts demon/undead(ME targets) and pushes them back so it keeps them off of you for a bit while you are casting, essential if you are soloing with ME

however, where ME truly shines is in a small party, get a few people that can mob fairly well and you can kill large amounts high exp monsters in short amounts of time

a good sin and ME priest can duo abbey 2 for silly amounts of exp

also gears are important more so for the soloing aspect as well, you can get away with less awesome gears if you have friends.
08-27-2008 03:23 AM