Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"General" PvP Rules Agreement
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

"General" PvP Rules Agreement

Somehow the other topic drifted away to formulating a new pvp, which is all nice and good but then to some extent, I hope that we don't need months' worth of planning every single darn time we want GM-supported pvp tourney. Let's actually force our way through to come to something and get somewhere with pvp oriented events.

Let's agree on set of rules/items that GMs can always pull out as the "pvp rules" in more regular pvp sessions as one of the "daily events"

So share with us your input and insight by responding to a few of these following questions?

Items
-I'm leaning towards no restoration items except for white potions, blue potions and condensed white potions in unspecified quantity, following ToH setup.

-Green potion there was some argument before how this single item in a pvp setting in unlimited amount destroys a few skills singlehandedly, mainly lex divina. Should we allow green potions at all? If we allow it, how many per battle?

-I'm also leaning to no buff items/buff foods except for concentration/awakening/berserk potions ("aspd pot")

-I'm leaning towards unspecified number of traps

Skill Usage
For now I'm probably going with "ToH rules" meaning:
-unlimited hide duration
-10 second chase walk limit
-unlimited EDP/Acid Demo

-Homunculus deserves mentioning as some people consider it 'far too deadly' to be facing essentially 2 players, one throwing bombs and pots to the left and right while the other chases you with endless bolts to the gates of hell. What do you guys want for homun?

Time Limit in PvP

-Some people like Krim suggested that 2 min like ToH is too short. What's a good time limit per battle in you guys' opinions then?

Anything that I missed/didn't address, please bring it up now~

09-05-2008 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement

-2 minutes isnt too short. if a pvp last that long its not gonna end most likely.

-green pots always considered unlimited by most people except a few people who would like to punch on something that cant do anything. lame. no limit on green pots. or ban lex divina only.

-no white potions or regen items at all i think many people would agree Icon_biggrin

-buffing items unlimited. (all self buffs, food, boxes, converters, even speed pots. basically all resources except healing/regen/FISH)

-EDP, AD unlimited.

*leaders of shadow heroes guild nowhere to be found in pvp*
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 01:51 PM by teOx.)
09-05-2008 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

(disabling all potions is taking a stab at alchemist's skills that require potions to be used... and speaking of alchemist, what about homunculus?)

09-05-2008 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Just to add, remember that some food items restores HP/SP so be careful if you allow them and just the pots you mentioned.

EDIT: Thought on some stuff and Ayu ninja'd the Homunculus argument. lol
Instead of forbiding green pots do it with Panacea and let it be unlimited. It's not that it heals almost all(just the most used, besides curse) statuses.

About homunculus, maybe the GM at the pvp time, choose one of the 3 styles if there's a creator/alchemist with homunculus there:
- Normal style - Creator+Homunculus vs other player;
- Single style - Only the Creator vs other player, homunculus gets to Rest;
- "Pokemon" style - If you have a "battle" homunculus, you could use only it to fight.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 02:01 PM by KohakuSan.)
09-05-2008 01:50 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

damn homun is a really tough call xD

some homun out there can eat other most other players alive easily.

then again good sinx can oneshot good creator so oh well leave no restriction?
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 02:11 PM by teOx.)
09-05-2008 02:06 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

I really tend to agree with you teOx, some classes can kill creators and/or homunculus easily, so, well...
I don't have any good idea about the homunculus thing, it's really tough xD
09-05-2008 02:14 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

there is no way except to unrestrict everything except healing items like my first post said. gravity's fault Icon_biggrin
09-05-2008 02:31 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Allow Homunc in all forms against all opponents.

No hp or sp pots/healing boxes/fish/berries/misc hp or sp foodstuffs.

Unlimited Buffing items, Unlimited green pots/panacea, Unlimited EDP/AD, Unlimited hide/cloak/chasewalk time.

If chemists don't get to use throw pot it's not a big loss. If they can't win with both homunc and AD then they weren't going to win if they had throw pot.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
09-05-2008 02:36 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

thats like saying priest losing without heal they wouldnt have won with heal.

they should get throw pot

sinx can still win, sniper with right gearing can still win just need to flee/tank homun for a bit (trap homun?). champ can possibly win if hes not eaten by homun. prof/HW might win depending on luck/gearing. i dont think its broken at all.

creators are awesome because they can do insane range, magic, and melee damage all at the same time which makes it impossible for any 1 class to guard. fun stuff xD
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 02:44 PM by teOx.)
09-05-2008 02:42 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

No, don't forbid any kind of healing items lol
I'm with only unlimited (c.)whites, blues, greens and "aspd" pots.
And no food since, as I mentioned, some can heal too.
But yeah, boxes, converters, etc, all unlimited.
Maybe you can raise the time limit a little, I think 2 minutes is almost nice but still not much, specially if you use the "unlimited pots" rule, some people might just attack waiting for the oponent's pots to end or something like that or spam pots until the fight end, there're some good strategies using time/pots relations. Somewhere around 3 minutes is great already imo.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 02:46 PM by KohakuSan.)
09-05-2008 02:44 PM