Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about GS^^
Tari Offline

Question about GS^^

Do you guys consider Gun Slingers to be able to survive on most map/ versus most mobs?

That's basicly all I wanted to know. Been thinking about making one since I've noticed that the new weapons are here. I just want to be able to explore as much as possible with my charsIcon_biggrin
09-19-2008 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Question about GS^^

Gunner is a good class for pvm, depends on your build of course but yeah it can survive well, its hp is on the low end, but the damage output compensates that.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-19-2008 09:37 AM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

I've seen gunners kick ass in parties. You basically need to decide between two factors: Hit harder but slower or hit lighter but faster. Since the Gunner class isn't super new anymore I'm sure there are some specific guides now out there that could help you build your char to your liking. Good luck Icon_biggrin but most of all have fun with it.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
09-19-2008 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

GS can only use neutral and silver bullets right?

i think thats the most limiting factor. high damage output loses to other classes if they can abuse elemental weaknesses. you have grenades in a few elements i think but thats even more limiting.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2008 12:27 PM by teOx.)
09-19-2008 12:15 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

They have those crappy grenade spheres they can use for elements. I don't see why they didn't give Slingers a few other elements in their bullets lol.

But GS is a good pvm class if built right.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-19-2008 12:17 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Well if they decided to go With grenade launcher, they could do decent damage with trap skills and get more elements than silver and neutral, but it slows down your aspeed so much it's more of a skill oriented build and definately not for those new to the class.

Any class could survive on most maps??against most mobs if they were well geared, and knew what they were doing (sometimes help may be required in the form of parties)

But yea, their damage output isn't as good as??snipers, though they can shoot a whole 2 cells further. their HP mods suck compared to hunter class.

then there's the problem with gravity hating extended classes. Ninja's and gunners haven't gotten new gear since when? Best 3 slot dagger ninja has to hope for is a gladius [3] instead of a mes [3]. Noone even hunts those anymore.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2008 12:27 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-19-2008 12:20 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Gunslingers are pretty good for most parts. While their HP is rather low, they can output some of the highest damage with their skills. While their skills are actually weapon based, some only working with certain weapons, each type has a skill thats worth the limitation, maybe except rifles, since they only get 69 skill points. Desperado is the only range melee skill that gets through pnema, Tracking has no cool down time, Full Buster is a high output skill, gatling fever boosts aspd, and scatter mine is the equvilant of a hunters trap skills. However, deserados range of hit is rather small 3x3, tracking has a long cast time not reducible by dex, full busters cool down is as bad as tracking's cast, gatling fever immobilizes you, and scatter mine's only last so long before blowing up.

It also should be noted that some of the better gear avalible is off limits to gunslingers or rather, all extended classes. It should also be noted that gunslingers lack self-buffs as compared to other classes. Then theres the whole elemental issue. While they do have elemental spheres for the grenade launcher, they are rather heavy even with the casting so that limits the total number you can carry at one time. Grenade launchers are also the slowest of the weapons avalible to gunslingers. I've also read the discussions on elemental bullets too.

Then theres the problem that gunslingers have no weapons with more then three slots. There is no revolver with more then 2 slots, gatling gun with more then one slot, grenade launcher with more then one slot, shotguns with two slots, and rifles with 3 slots. shotguns should really be considered one slots except that the Thunder-P gun comes in a 1 and 2 slot variation. Rifles, while going up in power, go down in slots. Branch, lv 1 gun, 3 slots, cyclone, lv 2 gun, 2 slots, dusk, lv 3 gun, 1 slot. Although slots might not the most important thing when you begin.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2008 01:23 PM by GT-Hiro.)
09-19-2008 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I honestly fail to see the appeal in Gunslinger in any possible way compare to archer family. Whatever the Gunslinger has, someone in the archer family has an extremely similar version of the same thing, only they do it better with less limits except maybe desperado (archer family's approach is simply never giving anything the chance to get that close to begin with.) It's like how the grenade weapons is just a mimic of Arrow Vulcan style, high damage output in one blow with ridiculous natural cooldown.

Of course, the only redeeming factor is how the example comparison was between gunslinger's grenade skills vs a trans ability. Gunslinger is just an inferior sniper/clown/gypsy, but you don't have to grind forever to have a taste of those abilities at the cost of using a weaker version of those type of skills.

(No one mentioned how gunslinger equipments are almost always unique to their class... archer family weapons can somewhat share with rogue if need to. Benefit to trans makes the archer family's defensive equipment being highly flexible since your wool scarfs and tidal shoes fit on every other trans so your precious cards aren't "locked down" to one character.)

09-19-2008 05:19 PM
Tari Offline

MhmmIcon_biggrin
Thanks for the input everyone =)

Made a GS today alreadyIcon_biggrin
And yea they might be inferior to the archer classes in many ways but I find them more enjoyable to play (having made X amounts of hunters and dancers in the past might have something to do with it)Icon_biggrin
Hopefully I'll enjoy the char for a long while =)
09-19-2008 06:07 PM
Ahura Offline

GM-Ayu Wrote:I honestly fail to see the appeal in Gunslinger in any possible way compare to archer family. Whatever the Gunslinger has, someone in the archer family has an extremely similar version of the same thing, only they do it better with less limits except maybe desperado (archer family's approach is simply never giving anything the chance to get that close to begin with.) It's like how the grenade weapons is just a mimic of Arrow Vulcan style, high damage output in one blow with ridiculous natural cooldown.

Of course, the only redeeming factor is how the example comparison was between gunslinger's grenade skills vs a trans ability. Gunslinger is just an inferior sniper/clown/gypsy, but you don't have to grind forever to have a taste of those abilities at the cost of using a weaker version of those type of skills.

(No one mentioned how gunslinger equipments are almost always unique to their class... archer family weapons can somewhat share with rogue if need to. Benefit to trans makes the archer family's defensive equipment being highly flexible since your wool scarfs and tidal shoes fit on every other trans so your precious cards aren't "locked down" to one character.)

well i can see what people see in gs it does seem like their damage output might not be as high as a sniper might be able to get to but i've seen a solo gunslinger go into an emproom and empty it before, pluss they arnt bad pvm tbf the gunslinger/ ninja came out not for people who are playing a game for the first time its more for good experienced players meaning they require good players not regular to be able to play at their best while as ive seen newbies be able to play any of the archer family with ease

Meh well it really all comes down to your choice if your willing to learn to play these classes to their best abilities they are for you
10-07-2008 06:32 AM