Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please hear my story, I need advice.
Bakaman Offline

Please hear my story, I need advice.

I will tell you my whole story with heRO so you can understand the way I think:

When I started playing heRO , I made a Wiz and a Blacksmith, since I believe that those are the best characters to make some money in the beginning.

Then I learned about the mining and fishing quests , so I made a gunslinger to snipe the monsters on umbala to get the necessary items.

After lots of mining , I went to fish to try to make a stock of healing items.

After all that, I made my favorite character: a knight. I simply love those and I've decided that my main character will be a Lord Knight.

I found once in the prontera market a Vali's Manteau. When I looked at it , I thought: wow perfect, this is like a immune manteau so I bought it using all of my economies so far. It helped me immensely along with my beret, with them I leveled up to lvl 83/50 on Alde HOs. I bought 2 Rings[1] and 2 mantis cards to prepare myself for level 90 and again , my economies were almost depleted.

Now the exp is still very good because HOs are very easy to mob and they die with 2 BBs (using an Ice Halberd). The damage is still very high tho, so I'm spending way too much on fishes. So I thought: "Well I need to start looking for my final gears, to make my leveling easier and cheaper and to open more leveling places as well."

I started to plan my future using character simulators and rms. That's when I found about the combo: Magni's Cap + Stone Buckler + Odin's Blessing + VALI MANTEAU + Vidar Boots. Those are really great items that gives huge bonuses when used together and are very similar to carded gear that knights use (like verit boots and immune manteau). However, it was impossible for me to hunt those items myself , so I had to buy them on prontera's market.

I made more and more efforts on the mines to get a Magni's cap for 1m but now I can barely buy new picks or baits, so I can't level with my Knight anymore.

I decided to start making more money in the mines, however the process is very slow. Here come a problem on my personality: I tend to drop things if I get bored. I quit heRO for two months because I couldn't stand mining anymore. I had to find new ways to make money.

Then I learned about Ore downgrading and Sleepers. Fascinating, I could go mining some more and when I get bored I can go level the monk on sleepers. I would make money steadily and with variety , that should be able to keep my enthusiasm.

However that needs more gears. I would need a Mace[3], 2 peco peco eggs, a skeleton worker card and a mantle[1] with a porcelio card. With thosse I would be able to 1hko Sleepers , with a pure STR/Dex monk, by level 70. I found a cheap Mace[3] on prontera's market and started hunting peco peco egg cards with my wiz.

... and I'm bored, I'm almost dropping heRo again. I don't want to do that, since this is my favorite server. Knowing all that, here come my questions:

1) Those equips are really worth it right? My knight is a SDV type with 72+8 str , 60+10 Vit and 65+6 dex ( that helps a lot with BB and it's cast time). I plan to hit 110 str and 91 vit, keeping Dex as it is right now.

2) When you need to hunt for a card, what do you do to keep doing the same thing over and over again day after day without boring yourself to death? I know those are teh basics of any MMORPG and I really like those kind of games , I just need some advice to solve my lack of determination and patience.

3) Sleepers are really worth it? I kinda like monks , not as much as I like Knights of course, but I would want to kill myself if I made teh effort to get a Sleeper killer just to find out that the money isn't worth it ._. I mean those great natures can be sold for some good money after break then to green lives and I should be able to kill lots of sleepers in a short period of time since they die in one hit, but if the map is too crowded this method may not be time-efficient...

Phew. What a wall of text Icon_biggrin

Any advice is welcomed Icon_biggrin Thanks in advance.
09-07-2008 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Please hear my story, I need advice.

Turn off @showexp, put on battle log so it doesn't show item drop, and just grind+chat away. Next time you look, you killed few hundred of that monster without realizing. On the other hand, seeing those "0.01%" just discourages you even more. It worked decently for me if i have no idea when i actually have the card when i grind for a card, and having no idea how much exp does a monster give when I worked the theory out and "supposedly" the place I'm on is a fast leveling place.

As for zeny, using a mighty staff may not be too bad, and definitely enough for a 2HKO if all you want is sleepers. Yes, the zeny is worth it relatively for normal drops, and sleeper is definitely a spot trans-worthy too at 18k exp each.

As for the knight, I think you need *a lot more* str than just 110 for the most part if you're just BBing your way through. The dex can be as low as 45 or something, and it'll be pretty decent for the most part already. What other knights are doing in 2 BB for high orcs, you'll realize that you'll need to do 3. Overall, you cast it faster, but since you need to BB 3 times instead of just 2, you end up spending more time in BB stance where your def drops, and you get hurt more anyway.

09-07-2008 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakaman Offline

Actually with the stats I posted ( 72+8 str , 69+6 dex and 60+10 vit) I always 2hko mobs of HOs ( the arclouses need 3 tho). Here are the stats , from rode:

Hit Ratio 100%
Dodge Ratio 5%

Cast Time 0.36sec
Delay(Attack Speed Type) 0.93s
Minimum Damage 3862(1931X2hit)
Average Damage 4352(2176X2hit)
Maximum Damage 4838(2419X2hit)
Damage Per Second 3351.13
Minimum Number of Hits 2
Average Number of Hits 2
Maximum Number of Hits 2
Average Battle Durration 2.59s
Base Exp Per Hit 1809Exp
Job Exp Per Hit 820Exp
Average Damage Recieved 215 (182 ~ 247)
Average Damage Recieved (w/dodge) 201.19Damage

After I get the cranial stone buckler I will need to switch to a pyke tho, so I will need some hydra cards and probably more str, but I will be using my rings already.

When I trans to Lord Knight I will have much more str tho, I plan to have 130 in the end.

About the mighty staff , that's actually a great idea. I simulated that on rode and I would 2hko sleepers 100% of time, spending about 2,5s on each monster so that's pretty good. However I would spend more sp and I will rpobably take more hits and since I don't ahve any equipment to protect me that could be dangerous... Do you think it could work?

Anyway thanks for the quick reply Ayu :D you may not remembe rit but you killed me loads of times on those 'Kill the Novice" events with those damn plants ... xD
09-07-2008 08:54 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Buy orc lady cards, they are cheap and should get you 120% more damage on a 4 slot weapon.??Try asking friens for water endows.??You should be able to 1hko HOs with less than a hundred str, maybe 90 or less.??Get the minimum dex required to hit them at 90-95%.??Spend the rest of the points in vit and int.??Int is important to get more sp when using fishes.??Go to the Orc Hero map instead of the alde one.??You should be able to 1 hit ko orc warriors and orc ladys too.??Mob them with HOs, and just avoid orc archers with endure.??Always have some fw ready if you encouter the orc hero.??

Hunting gears for two chars at a time is depressive, try to focuss on your knight or your monk. If you want to make money with your monk, just go 2hitko sleepers.??Its not that bad and you won't have to hunt equips for 2 chars.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 09:01 PM by Général_Argos.)
09-07-2008 08:59 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Um if your using spears why not use Brandish and go to rachel or enother equally mobby place. Bloody runes sell for a nice profit.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-07-2008 09:02 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The best part about sleeper monk is partially because you need NPC gears only to handle 2hko sleeper as long as you got fish. Great if you got gears, but all that it means is less fish consumption. Mighty Staff (or even NPC stunners), and other basic equipment (I imagine half of them can be shared with knights too) also from NPC at just +4 gives reasonably satisfying results. Just need to be careful, and not be headstrong to try to take on 2-3 sleepers at once. Fly wing/teleport more frequently compare to dedicated monks, yes, but the amount of zeny you spend compare to the amount you get for starting up in heRO is pretty darn good.

///

I personally don't like orc lady endow method, because it's just not something easy to find for starting out (even now I cannot find *anyone* to endow me, ever.) Joining established guilds where they are developed enough to have slave-char designed to help guild members level is the only way you'll ever get endow at any time that you need it. It doesn't solve his current economy problem either to spend more on orc lady. High Orc is only average in drops, as only the heroic emblem at 0.09% is the only high value item.

Then again that's just me talking... knight/melee class is *far* from my specialty. My area of pvm expertise is in designing classes and chars that are almost fully self-maintained, needing little to no potions while maximizing income cause they can handle maps with great drops without spending a dime. I don't play my knight much for a reason ;p

EDIT: Fates Ninjaed me... Rachel isn't as fast as high orcs at all cause the lack of elemental weakness means you actually take about twice the time you need to kill them. They do more damage than high orc too, and the OP already said that he wants to reduce the damage he takes from what he mobs.

09-07-2008 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

On a side note, if I may say, why don't you hunt a bit for fun? Make a hat, a party for fun?

One of the things I love on our server is our community.

From what I read, you are not a woe'er or at least not yet. Join a guild for fun? Or start woe'ing just because...

From you're "wall of text" Icon_biggrin you seem to be very sure with what to do and what you want.

I sure hope you find you're *un bored* item.

Good Luck!

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
09-07-2008 09:25 PM
Bakaman Offline

Buy orc lady cards, they are cheap and should get you 120% more damage on a 4 slot weapon.??Try asking friens for water endows.??You should be able to 1hko HOs with less than a hundred str, maybe 90 or less.??Get the minimum dex required to hit them at 90-95%.??Spend the rest of the points in vit and int.??Int is important to get more sp when using fishes.??Go to the Orc Hero map instead of the alde one.??You should be able to 1 hit ko orc warriors and orc ladys too.??Mob them with HOs, and just avoid orc archers with endure.??Always have some fw ready if you encouter the orc hero.

I personally don't like orc lady endow method, because it's just not something easy to find for starting out (even now I cannot find *anyone* to endow me, ever.) Joining established guilds where they are developed enough to have slave-char designed to help guild members level is the only way you'll ever get endow at any time that you need it. It doesn't solve his current economy problem either to spend more on orc lady. High Orc is only average in drops, as only the heroic emblem at 0.09% is the only high value item

The Orc lady card is actually a good idea when I get my cranial stone buckler. I won't be able to 1hitko the HOs without a endow , but I can mantain the 2hko that I have now + Orc ladies are much cheaper than hydras.

Um if your using spears why not use Brandish and go to rachel or enother equally mobby place. Bloody runes sell for a nice profit.

BB tend to hit less monsters than Brandish , but it has a damage modifier of 500%x2 for every monster it hits, while Brandish has 600% (IIRC) and it deals less damage to the monsters that are far from you. I only need to sacrifice 2 points in Spear mastery and Spear stab/Boomerang to get BB and those skills are not very useful for leveling. They are useful in WoE, but I will only woe after I trans anyway , and Lord Knights have more skill points.

I actually like Alde better because it's easier to mob there, with those narrow corridors the HOs tend to spawn close to each other. The only problem is that those Arclouses hurt and hurt fast. They are bugs too, so I don't have anything to protect me from them.

Then again that's just me talking... knight/melee class is *far* from my specialty. My area of pvm expertise is in designing classes and chars that are almost fully self-maintained, needing little to no potions while maximizing income cause they can handle maps with great drops without spending a dime. I don't play my knight much for a reason ;p

As I said , any help is welcomed, even if it's not your specialty Icon_biggrin

On a side note, if I may say, why don't you hunt a bit for fun? Make a hat, a party for fun?

One of the things I love on our server is our community.

From what I read, you are not a woe'er or at least not yet. Join a guild for fun? Or start woe'ing just because...

From you're "wall of text"??you seem to be very sure with what to do and what you want.

I sure hope you find you're *un bored* item.

Good Luck!

Funny that you said that , I joined a guild this week with my Wiz and I participated on my first WoE ever today. We lost the Geffen Castle unfortunately, but it was kinda fun. I died about 16 times (even tho I tried to??survive with my safety walls x_x) but it was good to feel the frenetic pace of WoE. I will surely enjoy that better as a Lord Knight.

About making a hat , I was planning to make that feather beret or whatever ( the blue beret) since it would look very cool on my knight and??it would be useful since it's -10% to Demihumans, but I will use Magni so that would be useless after a while =/??That blue mage hat looks sexy tho , so I will probably do that later.

I love the community too. I'm brazilian and not very confident about my english , but people treat me very well and I have lots of friends already :D I remember??the first time I logged with my Wiz , Artemis, that someone said on main that they couldn't believe that someone finally made a Artemis character that is not an archer, then we started to talk and I had a very good first impression. That's why I never want to leave this server. A sage (Nagi , unfortunately he disappeared >_> ) taught me how to vertical firewall, Loveless gave me loads of fish when I was really poor.... I try to retribute by helping people that need items to make the fishing rod and stuff like that , it's a really great esperience Icon_biggrin

The only catch is that I like to do things alone. Everytime a friend ask me for help I'm there, but when it's my turn to ask for help I prefer to do it alone unless it's really impossible to do so. I don't like to bother them, imagine if I asked then to help me hunt for a peco peco egg card , it is a very boring thing to do so I prefer to suffer alone and let then have their fun elsewhere. Silly me.

I just checked it , I can 2hko sleepers with a Stunner. I can buy those at Morroc FROM A NPC FOR GODS SAKE =O Really great news , I will start my acolyte tomorrow Icon_biggrin

Making this topic was really worth it. I was unsure on how you'd react but it's nice to know that the community on the boards is very nice too, I will try to post more often Icon_biggrin

Thanks for all the help so far and again , any advice is welcomed.
09-07-2008 11:22 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

lol, I'm glad you got a +10 energy boost from this post.

Also, it can be a very strong habit to do things alone but there are a lot of people who are ready to give you a hand as well and/or just to make it a habit of chatting and making the time/hunt/leveling go faster.

I'm glad you found a bit of every thing here Icon_smile Post again Icon_biggrin

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
09-08-2008 12:04 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

whats your in game name?

your english is excellent btw.
09-08-2008 12:15 AM