Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old School RPG's
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Old School RPG's

I went through suikoden 2 the other day, and I about cried.
I mean, when you hear that bgm, and you think back to like 4 years ago when you first played it, and you have all those memories of you lookin up how to kill some random boss whose cheaper than mr krabs.

When I saw Gremio, I just thought about how he died, but the main effect was when I saw Flik. Fliks like the BA (bad ass) of the game. Just somethin about Fliks style makes him so BA.

And another day, I was at a shop I usually go to on thursdays when a friend of mine pulls out his laptop and starts playing Legend of Dragoon.
Freakin LOD? I went crazy when I saw lavitz and haschel. Not only that, but my friend got to the part where Lavitz died, and that was just epic on its own.

People were crowding around looking, because even though that game was 2d, it gives you the same dramatic effect. And the people watching Lavitz died were basically younger gen gamers who never even heard of LoD (besides Rashawn who just never played it)

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-09-2008 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Old School RPG's

final fantasy 3(6), chrono trigger, secret of mana, mario RPG.

Icon_evil
09-09-2008 06:34 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

FF6, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Robotrek...Secret of Mana...Legend of Mana, Saga Frontier 1 and 2 *even though I hate 1 screw you 1* and Threads of Fate and Persona 2 and god I can't name them all.

There were a lot of great games I played back in the day...O_O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-09-2008 06:39 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Omg, SNES ftw! It's the BEST console EVER!!! It had so many RPGs and other great games, and most are remembered till today.
I loved that kind of system, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Robotrek and so many others used XD
So nostalgic, I feel like getting the emulator and playing them all again >_<
09-09-2008 07:18 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

YES SOMEONE ELSE LOVED ILLUSION OF GAIA AND ROBOTREK!
Anyone remember Secret of Evermore? The only good Squaresoft of America game to come out? FFMQ was funny and easy but yaaaaaaaaahhh...

09-09-2008 07:42 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

YEAH, EVERMORE!!! I had that one too!!!! LOL
I didn't like MQ that much though, maybe because of crappy graphics xD
09-09-2008 08:38 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I thought we meant old school RPG as in, FF1 type of old o_O; Ok, so not as old as I imagine so I can still relate XD;

Suikoden 2 is indeed really, really fun. I never managed to get all the chars or runes, but still great fun. RPG with actually good plot! They never tried anything "dark" or "mystical" or "SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME PLOT TWIST." It's realistic, simple, and it gets the job done very well.

LoD... I have my complaints about that game (quite a few actually) but still something fun to play through once.

Illusion of Gaia seriously scared me as a little girl back then a lot u_u

Seiken Densetsu 3 still remains one of the best SNES RPG ever ^_^

09-09-2008 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

SD3 is really a very good RPG, but I kind of like the original Mana game more =/

I liked playing Landstalker and Phantasy Star 4 when I was a kid too. I don't like any of the other Phantasy Star games either lol.

Do Strategy RPG's count? I use to love playing Shining Force 1 and 2 and I have been into the Langrisser series now for about 2 years. I really should pick up Advance Wars at some point Icon_sad

09-09-2008 11:16 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Advance wars was cool.
I played the Phantasy stars on dreamcast once at a cousins house. but at that time I was probally playing Digimon World 3 and Xeno Gears.
Idk, Its just that alot of old RPG's stories were so epic, and its like now, they've kinda gone down hill. I mean, who the fck startin crappin up Suikoden?

Any body played 4? its like me trying to get a cat to bark, it doesn't work.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-09-2008 11:21 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I heard Suikoden 5 was pretty decent and a nice return to the roots of the series o-O

Actually there are some excellent RPG's still coming out I feel. Things like Persona 3 and Digital Devil Saga are quite nice. Odin's Sphere if it didn't lag so bad in battle scenes sometimes would have been pretty high on my list too but alas...

09-09-2008 11:39 PM