Poll: What should Fates make his main
Lord Knight
Assassin Cross
Stalker
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Angel's Main
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Angel's Main

Ok I seriously don't know which character to make my main. Its driving me insane. So heRO I need your help. what char should I make my main.

Now I cant do both for a few reasons.
1 Ill only have time to devote my time to character.
2 I'm trying to get the Noble rank of prince. So my main should own that.
3 Im lazy~

These are the options

Lord Knight
Stalker
Assassin Cross

I don't mind having to level and trans the stalker and assassin.

Basically i'm looking for a few things in the character. PVP ability, WoE Ability and most importantly HighEnd Dungeoning and MVPing. Like Endless Tower, or taking on Beelzebub and Thantos and other nastys. I don't just want to sit watching others have all the fun.

Could you post what one you voted for, and why you chose that one.

Also any ideas of build suggestions thrown in would be nice. Feel free to add any opinion about one of the classes whether something positive or negative anything will make this easier.

Thanks Everyone and yes Peer Pressure works.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-11-2008 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Angel's Main

PERMA NOVICE!!!
09-11-2008 10:58 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I told you already you want to do all that stuff you gotta go with LK. Stalker is a loner class overall and sinx is good but most parties will want LK for tanking in the higher end dungeons! Parry is too good to pass up, you really gotta go two handed sword build Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 11:18 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Where is the "We don't give a flying crap" option Icon_sad
09-11-2008 11:44 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Hmm seems I cant Edit the poll to add that option, sorry bloody just gonna have to stick with saying you don't give a crap.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 11:50 PM by Avalon_Fates.)
09-11-2008 11:48 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Angel's Main

Aaronock Wrote:??Parry is too good to pass up, you really gotta go two handed sword build Icon_sad
True, Parry does circles around Saders autoguard, however??as a tank, you lose the shield cards because parry can only be used with 2 hand swords. Crusaders/Palidins still have?? a wide array of Defensive/supportive skills that??make them much more valueable as a tank, Shield reflect, Heal, and Defender being a few of the notable ones, but he doesn't like the way pallie's look

There is no class that is build for the truly lazy,Least of all the classes you listed.??They require Decent to good gears to stand a chance in serious builds, especially tanker builds. Vit chars have a hard time leveling solo without good gears and LOADS of money/time??spent on buying/farming healing items, or fighting weak monsters which you'll probably get bored of looking at the 0.00% sign??pretty quickly.

Easiest way to train a vit character is to mob stuffs as you don't lose as much as Pure Agi builds do??when they're mobbed, You might lose a tiny bit of your vit def, i dunno, but you still have that sexy cushion of High HP to compensate. I know for a fact you did a little bit of mob training in rachel before it got the 5 minute respawn on your Knight/LK, and you probably made a bit of money from it too. However if you do this, You'll need both HP healing items, and SP healing items, since vit builds are most often skill oriented and the shear numbers you'll have to tank while??you bowling bash the Bajesus out of them. also, It's best to get the most out of your SP, so fighting monsters 1 vrs 1 is a waste of time and SP imho in a vit build, and that sorta limits where you can level efficiently. It's Kickass in??PVP setting, Your already high HP is probably around 20 k + and you'll have pretty good resistance, if not immunity to most vit based status effects like stun and silence. Your HP recovery and def will make it??hard for others to do any decent damage so you can sit back and whittle away their HP. And with frenzy, you can hit 190 aspeed with zerk pot and two hand quicken with 0 Agi. Though Acid Demonstration will always, always, always sting and doom most of your HP away. It's My build of Preference, and it'd probably be the most likely to be invited to an MVP party.

An Agi Build makes up where the vit build lacks in 1 vrs 1 battles, High attack speed and decent flee. However, you'd be extremely vunerable to statuses, This is probably the cheapest way to level up your LK, but.... Unless you fight the right high end monsters (seems like only ranged characters can do this and actually see any actual progress),??it still seems slower than mobbing in my perspective. LK's in frenzy loose some of their already Mediocre flee, and all of your non-existant vit and armor defenses are wiped away (Parry excluded). In PVP, it's not very useful since almost everyone and their mother has dex, and I think I've heard flee is reduced in PVP and woe. It'd be fun to see one as an emp breaker, but a vit frenzied LK would probably outperform an agi one. It'd easily die to most MVP's if you're going to tank, and end up killing the party.

My second personal favorite is a Hybrid LK. While you don't have full vit or agi, you dabble in both,??and have a moderately expensive build. While you'll still need healing items, the agi you'll have will give you the freedom to fight more monsters 1 vrs 1 and still have some vit for HP and mobbing capacity. You'll have decently high HP and some resistance to statuses as opposed to no resistance, or heavy resistance. PVP wise, It's not good but it's not bad either. You can fight with regular attacks and quicken a lot easier than you could in the vit build, and you can take attacks better than you can in the agi build. Another bonus,??It's beautiful that it's useful for both PVM and??PVP, so you won't have to spend so much money on the reset, or go in with an agi build every time you want to PVP or woe. It's sort of like Half and half.??I'm not so sure on MVPing in this build. True you do have some HP, and resistance to statuses. I think quite a bit depends on your vit def after all?? the mob controlling characters Kill off the slaves and it's just you and the MVP.

I would advise on sinx or Stalker, however, I don't know crap about them. I know loads of people prefer sin for??PVP, and it has the 3rd highest HP modifiers next to??LK's and Pallies, but You'd need someone else to talk to you on that. Personally,

I haven't seen too many knight class chars in woe High vit = Bio chem target, but endure (while you can still get stunlocked, it gives the same amount of Mdef as the level used for the entire duration) and full Mdef gears can easily make it a nice precast breaking??char, assuming they can get past the traps. Most precasts I've seen are all huddeled together making bowling bash doing the double splash hit really brutal to wizzies, even with thara and??energy coat.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2008 12:27 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-12-2008 12:09 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Simply put: you can't do everything with one class. Any melee classes will have one extremely tough time to try to solo GTB due to reflect, heal, hide and a powerful mammo. Wizards as low as lv 80 non-trans can solo it on the other hand. However, even high wizard will have trouble against strouf due to the very high mdef, and knight treats byalan as cake walk.

Every class has their pros and cons. LK's major downfall is to be a jack of all trade, but not the "best" in anything. It can tank, but not as well as Paladin. It can break emp, but not as well as sinx. It can mvp, but not as well as sniper. It can deal a lot of dmg, but smiths got the higher DPS. LK is balanced (less dmg than smith but more def, slower in emp break than sinx but doesn't rely on pick to deal def ignoring dmg, no range like sniper but again got def, can't def as well as pallys but can dish out more damage) but not "excel" in anything.

All depends on what you want to accomplish, your style and what's your priorities.

09-12-2008 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to ayu's post...

so as i said before in-game, you have to set a specific goal. If you want (for example) to specifically be able to beat teOx's sinX, then we need to see what kind of sinX he has, what kind of resources you have, and what kind of strategy you want to use. If (for example) teOx's sinX uses crit gears, then using a stalker to full strip him should seriously reduce his damaging potentials, but you would probably need a sight clip... Or you could use a pally to reflect the damage or use LK's bash or that spear blow to the head or whatever.

point is, it is you who should know what you want to do, and by knowing that then you know what you should lvl...

personally it's sad to say that an assassin would probably be the nicest character to fool around with as i have found that a simple assassin can walk around most maps quite easily as opposed to most other classes...

-w-
09-12-2008 03:42 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Yes but TeOx isnt the only one I have to beat. Theirs also, Bloody, Averan, Tripp, Draken, Kaz, Cloud, Kish, Sthe, Walsung, Obito, Metal, Sekaru and many more. Basically everyone I respect and is better then me.

{Which is honestly alot of people}

09-12-2008 05:07 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You can't beat everyone, RO is balanced so that every class is good VS other classes AND weak VS some other.

That being said, I'd say go with LK, it's the most versatile out of the 3 imo, and it's transed already, gear him up, practice with him and learn not to frenzy too soon in woe.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-12-2008 08:48 AM