Support High Priest
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Character?
Winona Offline
Devana

First Character?

I'm lost Cry I'm having trouble deciding on a good class to have as a first character. I want to be able to level up this character quickly so I can start on alts ( probably though I'll be making alts in the process of leveling this character ) so I can support them and make leveling easier for them ( Like for acolytes; SP waiting takes up a lot of time ) It's been awhile since I've played RO and I've lost about all knowledge of the details of the game but it won't be long before I start playing again. And I definitely don't want to be a complete noob - so I most likely wont be going near PvP or WoE or I'll be roasted alive. Sweat

Choices:

Ninja
Sniper
SinX
High Priest ( Most likely Support )

P.S. Also if anyone knows a good leveling/build guide for one of these classes, it would help Ok

[Image: 35405200nl8.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2008 07:08 AM by Winona.)
09-23-2008 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE: First Character?

Get a Sin, get Grimtooth and run rampage on mobs of Hill Winds, Anolians, Vanberks/Isillas, Hodremlins, Venatus, whatever you like
You will want a Smokie Pet later, as it allows you to stay hidden in front of Demon/Insect race monsters.

As for the build:
~40-50 Dex
~80-100 Agi (as much aspd as you prefer, shouldn't be below 175 though at the end)
Rest into str and later perhaps a bit vit.

Cheap build. All you basically need is a Katar, later you can focus on getting the element Katars, they increase your effectivity greatly. With that char, you can make a lot of xp or z /h yet that stuff is grinding work.

Negative side is: it's a solo char, unless you have high-end flee, most parties won't have a use for you, as while you hide the monsters get after you partymembers. Also, you can't really write/read on main while grinding as you will do mobs, hide and grimmtooth them to death.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
09-23-2008 07:26 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I say sniper or high priest, I put my longer answer on rms. Basically they both level fast, the first can help you hunt gear, the later will always be popular in party, unless you prefer to solo at anubis.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-23-2008 11:02 AM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

Sniper is a really good class to start out with mainly because they can attack with almost every element against an enemy rather cheaply. But you may want to also consider a Stalker if you are making an item getter class first of hand. I know it's not on your list but they are killer when it comes to farming in mass quantities.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
09-23-2008 01:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakaman Offline

I find that Wizards are great starting characters too. You can do fine with a simple Rod dropped by drops, then later find some dex equips.

Wizard is a tricky class tho, you gotta learn how to play with them.
09-23-2008 01:38 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??First Character?

GM-Pandora Wrote:the later will always be popular in party, unless you prefer to solo at anubis.

that = what 90% of all Priest class do.

Can't blame them... one click for 100k exp compare to mobs of maybe 30k-ish exp yet exp share, why would you party? I blame gravity.

If you know how to play already, wizard is indeed quite cost efficient running around with NPC gears and you can VFW your way to anything that isn't ranged. Rachel isn't a bad zeny spot either.

I find sin to be quite equip dependent and not the absolute most efficient 1st character all the time. It's not as fast as it seems because you just need SP for grimtooth, which means you need to spend time getting sp items or bwing to healer a lot. Your cost for grimtooth only goes down depending on what equipment you have, and that's never an inexpensive thing to get.

My bet on the archer, acolyte and mage class branch to start. Long range attack and keeping things at long range generally means being less gear dependent and you just grind away. Low level these 3 classes level the fastest too with plants and a lot of undead to healbomb.

However, if acolyte sp waiting may be annoying but generally you'll have to be able to endure it when you compare to the sluggish leveling speed of lv 9x training ;p

09-23-2008 02:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hmmm I actually prefer rogues over sins when it comes to being a cheap-o on gears and equips. The biggest obstacle to get over though is to get those elemental damascuses that you will be needing. However, going bow rogue never hurt but I don't see the point of bow rogues in pvm so just go with the hunter if you want a bow user.

FS High Priests are really valuable in the higher levels if you really want to make one, but I almost want to tell you make a bard as those are highly valuable and about as easy to make as a hunter :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-23-2008 03:20 PM
Winona Offline
Devana

So... anyone know good leveling guides/builds for archers/hunters/snipers? :D

[Image: 35405200nl8.png]
09-26-2008 10:18 PM
ZackFireblade Offline

I would suggest you go with Sin, maybe ninja. Archers will be eating up arrows constantly, and priests typically need another class around to do the heavy lifting (support priests, especially so).

I would also recommend you make a merchant, asap. OC/DC & vending help with zeny IMMENSELY

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
09-26-2008 11:51 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

*is to lazy to repost what i said on RMS*