Poll: Would you play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Definitely!
Most likely.
I'll try it probably just to test it out.
No way!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Ayreon Offline

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

Well, I played it on a private server, got bored of it after a few days thou. (Although I had a mage! #)) It lost so much of its originality, seems a bit of a Lineage 2/FlyFF/Rose/Last Chaos/Metin 2/Perfect World/Priston Tale/Rappelz/Rilkroad-Clone (Really SAD by the way, that 93% of all new upcoming mmorpgs are just Lineage-Clones ._. They are junk, even some of them have really good graphics! I prefer games, that have some originality, like risk your life 2. /kisIcon_wink.
Not to mention so must stuff didnt work yet...
You can still test it, go to... Can I post foreign-server-URLs here?

Retired! Have fun everyone =)
(^Lin^ (Prof), Divine Failure (H.Priest), Naga (Monk))
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 06:57 AM by Ayreon.)
10-14-2008 06:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

No.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-14-2008 12:55 PM
Shaelyn Offline
Fae...of DOOM!

I tried it on a private server too.??I was really disappointed with it - and not just because it was buggy and half the stuff not working, being a beta test of a beta test.??the whole thing, the controls and everything were...clumsy.
I also didn't really like their job change system and skills system.??you buy all your skills /swt makes for a nice money sink, but I was never down with the idea of buying skills.??some skills carry over to your next job, some don't.??and once you job change, you can always go back...so if you job change into a theif, you can go back into a novice and switch to a clown later if you'd like.??it's...odd...and doesn't make much sense, IMO.

and then there's little minor disappointments too...when I got there, I was wondering "where are all the porings?"??well, they're out by prontera...which will take you forever to get to as a new player - it's not a "newbie town" anymore.??and...they porings aren't easy to kill either.

RO2's a gorgeous game (the screen below is evidence of that)...but pretty graphics don't make a game good.??this game's far from good...even if everything was working properly.

[Image: lighthouse.jpg]

~Shae

[Image: 37z4hjpf.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 01:55 PM by Shaelyn.)
10-14-2008 01:31 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well I have tried RO2 on private servers, never really gave the game much of a chance since it was so buggy. I think some of you guys are being a little to harsh on it. From a business perspective, Gravity needs to make a game that appeals to a wider array of people, so why wouldn't they try to make RO more appealing to more people?

I do believe, however, that the game needs a ton of work. I agree with you guys that it does seem like RO2 tries to copy other games, hopefully that will change by the time it is released.
12-18-2008 03:14 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

Kulluminatii Wrote:I think some of you guys are being a little to harsh on it. From a business perspective, Gravity needs to make a game that appeals to a wider array of people, so why wouldn't they try to make RO more appealing to more people?

Cuz it's not how RO is meant to be.??Look how good is blizzard doing.??They are working on diablo3, but they aren't adding some cute fluffy stuff to try to appeal more people, they just stick to the original gameplay concept, and improve it.??Thats what gravity should do with RO.??Keep the gameplay concept, and improve it.????

Nothing prevent gravity from doing a NEW OTHER GAME that would appeal new people while working on a ro2 that would stick with the original gameplay concept.??When Blizzard did the mmorpg World of Warcraft, they didn't call it "WARCRAFT 3".??In fact, they made a warcraft 3 game that sticked on the original concept, and they made a NEW GAME and called it World of Warcraft.??

Anyway, everything is doomed, just take a look at the gameplay changes they want to do on ro1.??FAIL.??FAIL.??FAIL.??At least gravity is somehow smart, they are going to add the new 3- classes with the gameplay update, to make the pill easier to take.??>.>

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 04:02 AM by Général_Argos.)
12-18-2008 03:49 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Krim is 100% wrong.
12-18-2008 04:05 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Teox, plz refer to my sign as an arbitrator. Ok

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-18-2008 04:09 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

they cancel each other out.
12-18-2008 04:12 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: ??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Cuz it's not how RO is meant to be.??Look how good is blizzard doing.??They are working on diablo3, but they aren't adding some cute fluffy stuff to try to appeal more people, they just stick to the original gameplay concept, and improve it.??Thats what gravity should do with RO.??Keep the gameplay concept, and improve it.????

Nothing prevent gravity from doing a NEW OTHER GAME that would appeal new people while working on a ro2 that would stick with the original gameplay concept.??When Blizzard did the mmorpg World of Warcraft, they didn't call it "WARCRAFT 3".??In fact, they made a warcraft 3 game that sticked on the original concept, and they made a NEW GAME and called it World of Warcraft.??

Anyway, everything is doomed, just take a look at the gameplay changes they want to do on ro1.??FAIL.??FAIL.??FAIL.??At least gravity is somehow smart, they are going to add the new 3- classes with the gameplay update, to make the pill easier to take.??>.>
Thats the thing though General Argos, Gravity knows RO has a fairly large fanbase, so why not try to attract RO players and new players to RO2? I am not saying I like the way RO2 is right now, but from a business perspective, it makes complete sense.

I do not believe RO2 will be out anytime soon, late 2010 at best, hopefully by then, they can make something that will appeal to fans of RO and interest new players.Icon_biggrin
12-18-2008 04:13 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:????Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

Kulluminatii Wrote:Thats the thing though General Argos, Gravity knows RO has a fairly large fanbase, so why not try to attract RO players and new players to RO2? I am not saying I like the way RO2 is right now, but from a business perspective, it makes complete sense.

But that's just it. They really aren't attracting RO players.
Most people I know went back to normal RO, or it never appealed to them in the first place.
I mean, look at the poll results. Not to mention they;re reflected in others, too. <<

It honestly looks like it is made more to aim at Flyff players. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 04:19 AM by Ellie.)
12-18-2008 04:17 AM