Poll: Would you play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Definitely!
Most likely.
I'll try it probably just to test it out.
No way!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:????Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

Kulluminatii Wrote:Thats the thing though General Argos, Gravity knows RO has a fairly large fanbase, so why not try to attract RO players and new players to RO2?
Because it wouldn't work. They got that and are no more focussing on their RO2.

Kulluminatii Wrote:I am not saying I like the way RO2 is right now, but from a business perspective, it makes complete sense.

No. Look at Blizzard. They did different games for different players, and it worked/Isworking great.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-18-2008 04:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

who cares RO2 is dead and gravity does have other MMO besides RO and RO2
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 04:33 AM by teOx.)
12-18-2008 04:32 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

But Blizzard has the financial backing. Plus, Diablo isn't exactly new, and it is fairly different from WoW, and even Warcraft.

Ellie Wrote:But that's just it. They really aren't attracting RO players.
Most people I know went back to normal RO, or it never appealed to them in the first place.
I mean, look at the poll results. Not to mention they;re reflected in others, too. <<

It honestly looks like it is made more to aim at Flyff players. <<

True, but the RO2 on p. servers is an extremely early beta as you all know. Yeah, it does look targeted at that audience, maybe because that specific audience nets the most cash for a company?

I feel like Im trying to stand up for RO2Laugh , all I want is for people to not automatically hate it due to playing the beta, the game has a LONG way to go, and I am sure they are taking steps to appeal to RO players.

teOx Wrote:who cares RO2 is dead and gravity does have other MMO besides RO and RO2

True, have you guys played Requiem: Bloodymare? Its an alright game, but I definitely give it props for being a totally unique game, and also being very different then what we are used to seeing from Gravity.

And how can u say RO2 is dead? Just because there has been no news on it doesn't necessarily mean it is dead. I also play Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 is supposed to come out, there hasn't been any real news on it for nearly a year, but that doesn't mean it is dead.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 04:36 AM by Kulluminatii.)
12-18-2008 04:33 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

Kulluminatii Wrote:But Blizzard has the financial backing.

Gravity had certainly less financial backing when they started RO1 compared to now, but it didn't stop them.

Kulluminatii Wrote:Plus, Diablo isn't exactly new, and it is fairly different from WoW, and even Warcraft.
And??

I said that blizzard is sticking to their original gameplay concept for diablo3.

Krim's grocery list

12-18-2008 04:38 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

True it did not stop them, but nowadays, especially with the state of our economy, companies are a little more careful on what they release. I am not saying Gravity is forgetting about the players of RO, but they are trying to reach a bigger audience (definitely not the WoW audience, but Runescape, Flyff, Gaia, etc audience).

Yeah, Blizzard is sticking to their previous concept because it worked and sold games. RO doesn't have nearly as big of an audience, so what else is there to do but try to make a completely different game that will appeal to more people and hopefully appeal to RO players as well?

Also, another possible reason for the massive change from RO to Ro2 is the fact that RO limited Gravity to what they could do with the game. Thats the main reason why GuildWars2 is being made, ArenaNet couldn't achieve what they wanted with GuildWars, so they scrapped the entire engine and started new w/ GW2.

Again, Im not trying to say RO sucks and RO2 is better, or anything of that sort. Just having a healthy discussion with you guysIcon_biggrin
12-18-2008 04:46 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Currently RO2 is just a another game and has nothing to do with RO, except the theme.

From Wikipedia :
Revenue US$40,963,000 (2006)[1]
Net income US$(22,265,000) (2006)

That was in 2006, BEFORE Kafra shop items Icon_wink

Krim's grocery list

12-18-2008 04:57 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Currently RO2 is just a another game and has nothing to do with RO, except the theme.??

From Wikipedia :
Revenue US$40,963,000 (2006)[1]
Net income US$(22,265,000) (2006)

That was in 2006, BEFORE Kafra shop items Icon_wink

Ooh, using Wikipedia on meIcon_biggrin

Well, the income definitely isn't bad at all, but for mmo standards, thats pretty weak. Blizzard with all of its games makes a revenue of 1.1 Billion (from wiki). Then again, you have to take into account the cost of development, which isn't nearly as high as games like WoW, so for a game like RO, its decent. However, I don't think Gravity really likes their decent income, and would much rather get a raiseNo1.
12-18-2008 05:06 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Honestly, you can't compare things to Blizzard...
They are something different. Hence why we are only refering to Blizzard games when we are talking about games that go well. XD

You need to look more at the others, and at the average.

Half the attraction of RO is that it is different. They seem to be taking a lot of that away.

Due to the large dislike of the RO2 in the beta, and with the economy (not sure what it is like in Korea, though), is it really worth them putting so much extra money into a game so many dislike?

ROSE? Never played it, honestly.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-18-2008 05:24 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Ok fair enough, comparing to Blizzard isn't exactly the best comparison to make. Lets see, there is Jagex (the creators of Runescape) make about ?15m alone from Runescape. And for a game that...well...pathetic, that is a great amount of money.

Just think about it though, what other reason besides money would Gravity be making RO2 for? Large dislike of RO2?? I doubt the few thousand people that play RO p. servers can be taken into consideration. The beta was supposed to be open to Koreans only, so a private server of a beta game is obviously going to be disliked by many.
12-18-2008 05:33 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Runescape has it's own charm in that it is browser based.
Doesn't need the space taken up by downloading, and let's kids play it when parents don't want them installing stuff/playing games. ;D

Once again, look at polls and results.
Whether or not it was only officially beta released in Korea, that doesn't mean that the dislike from other countries is null. It's not like they hate it because it is Korean, afterall.

More than anything, they need to fix things in RO before they move on. There are so many unused/unobtainable equips.
Hell, the gemmed sallet still lacks a sprite. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-18-2008 06:01 AM