Poll: Would you play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Definitely!
Most likely.
I'll try it probably just to test it out.
No way!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2?

STOP2NECRO THREADS

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
06-05-2011 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

Ro2 is more relevant now than it was 4 years ago, so ill be posting here along with anyone else who is interested Icon_smile

New RO2 Gameplay (Russian Server)

Been a lot of beta's in different countries in the last month or two, and they are working on the map design for Morroc at the moment. Alberta is done, and classes will haveb multiple costumes and all skills are almost finalized :D

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
06-08-2011 04:59 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

It looks better than it used to, but people are still saying it sucks. I'd play it if my computer could handle it just to see. It looks a lot more entertaining than the cheap sprite animations in regular old RO. =p

It'd be better if NPC's talked to you. I hate reading things I'm not interested in - such as quests' back stories. =\

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
06-08-2011 07:08 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

If i see the vid (sorry to ruin anyone's enthusiasm) it looks alot like all other MMO's i've seen :/

I personally love RO, for its cute sprites, the 3D backgrounds + 2D sprites, its just an old but overall cute and fun game.

RO2 seems a bit like well... lets say i'm not really interested in it XD

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
06-09-2011 02:50 AM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

I would normally think the same thing kittie.. i mean, RO1 is the origional and the best, its the only game that i keep coming back to and i always miss it when i quit, but i played Perfect World and FlyFF and i loved what they did with a large anime-styled cute MMO. I hope that RO2 is going to not be another WoW rip-off and it will actually bring something to the franchise that has never been seen before. I want it to expand on everything i love most about RO1, and i want it to have a HUGE community, maybe free to play would be nice but i doubt it..

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
06-09-2011 07:36 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I'd pay for the client if the online was reliable and free; or I'd pay about 30-40 bucks for a year of online for a free or inexpensive client. But, I'd expect at least a week's free trial run just to try it out.

I've been researching it and they apparently completely scrapped the last iteration of RO2 that I knew of. Evidently, the new RO2 is what everyone thought the old RO2 would be: 3D RO. Five first-level classes with two job change options for each for a total of 10 second classes which is pretty much like RO. I think the old RO only had, like, four classes altogether?
The dual-life system is interesting. Instead of having the merchant job branch, one chooses to obtain their abilities on any character through this system. You can choose alch, smith, chef or artisan abilities. I wonder if alch's have homs. Imagine your random character having a hom. <3

There'll be cards and pets and you can even set yourself up as an NPC for when you're not online. So, every char has @at! :D

It's pretty neat on paper and in video, but I'd have to play it.

Again, speaking NPC's would be great. =[

06-09-2011 06:53 PM
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

If they do make it F2P its probably gonna have a cash shop like all F2P games...but dunno if it will be OP items or not ~

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
06-12-2011 06:13 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Nero! Nice of you to make your monthly visit.

I don't think I could play RO2 if it had money shops. That would just kill the experience for me. =[

06-13-2011 05:42 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Most Asian MMO's now are "Free" to play. Its a little upsetting but I wouldn't mind if the game mostly ran off subscriptions honestly. The server experience is generally better if that's the case. It seems like that even though they are making amazing profits from cash shops in some places that the servers are always laggy, and bugs are never fixed...

Though if they somehow manage to not make the cash shop integral to enjoy the game that could be interesting.

However if they do make the game subscription based, I really do hope that iRO has RO2 servers that are a lot less laggy than RO1's iRO servers currently are. :O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-13-2011 09:18 AM
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

i like heRO only xD
06-22-2011 06:49 PM