Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird Lag
Winona Offline
Devana

Weird Lag

So after the October 14th werewolf game ( the one hosted by GT-Hiro ) RO starts lagging jerkily. Before it didn't do anything like that, but during the game I disconnected a few times and then afterward I logged back in and I couldn't move so I had to alt-f4, and this happened about 2 times or so. Do I need to update RO or something? I haven't since I downloaded it -which is probably stupid- because I don't know where to x.x Help!

[Image: 35405200nl8.png]
10-15-2008 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Weird Lag

OMG I'm not the only one with jerky lag! I have no clue why this is happening to me too. It seems to just be while playing RO, not sure if it is on my end or what (checked my hardrive for spyware and viruses and found nothing today using Avast+Adwatch/AdAware).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-15-2008 01:09 AM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

There was a town invasion because the werewolves won the werewolf event. That probably caused it.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-15-2008 03:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

I noticed that the lag isn't every where though. When I was leveling in Rachel Sanc i had 0 lag. But when when I played my other character in a Rachel map (die plants diiiiiee) I was lagging often and is was rather severe. Both had events going at the times I was there so dunno why two maps act diff.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
10-15-2008 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Make sure you have a good amount of free space on your computer, when the computer is running low on memory it will take hard drive space and convert it into virtual memory.

It may sound silly but keep your desktop clean also, you can have folder and shortcut on it, but avoid big files or many files, put them in a subfolder.

Run a spyware check.

If none of that seems to help, try to think of what changed on your computer since this started happening, any new software that you installed?

As last resort, try to contact your ISP.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-15-2008 02:47 PM