Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition
Prontera Nobility News Offline

[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

Prontera Nobility News

St Vitus shows no sign of recovery after at least a full week's treatment under intensive care. After the last vicious battle against a large group of the Dark Conjurer, Eudoxie's followers, St. Vitus sustained heavy injuries and the mission to sweep out the conjurer's followers was put to a sudden halt. It has been said that because of the result halt in action against Eudoxie's crew from either allegiances, their activities (according to local rumors) in their attempt to establish contact with "another world" are on the rise.

"We are honestly clueless to the phenomenon," said the leading High Priest of caretakers for St. Vitus. "We have done everything in our power."

Some has expressed interest to stray from traditional magic and known medicines for more exotic formulas to treat the Light Allegiance Saint's illness, though it is a controversial matter. Some members of the Light Allegiance Clergy of Rachel express 'grave concerns' regarding alternative medicines, insisting on putting their faith in the Goddess Hestia's blessings and power for healing.

"This is not the time to point fingers and argue like children in a sandbox. Our utmost priority is to search for -any- treatment for St. Vitusfor his life is at stake. As a follower of the Goddess Hestia, nothing else can be more important saving another's life." said a Light Allegiance Creator, who wished to remain anonymous.

The caretakers for St. Vitus did not look into alternative medicines and healing at this moment. However, no formal statement has been made for rejecting the possibility of these methods. "All we want is for the Goddess Hestia's light to guide our path, so that we will make the right choices and help St. Vitus to recovery," said the leading High Priest.

St. Vitus has been unconscious since his battle in the mountain sides with Eudoxie's forces.

------

Idea: Propose any course of action or suggestion for the leading High Priest who takes care of St. Vitus during these dire times. Outcome will be directly influenced by what decisions are made. Your proposal may carry out any personal intention, plans or other ideas in mind.

Roleplay your character as if your character is talking directly to the leading High Priest or other Light Allegiance leaders whom you want to contact about this situation. Replies will be made on their behalf from me (GM-Ayu) regarding plausibility, feasibility and willingness to go through with your proposals.

Rewards to the event is directly related to how convincing, realistic and seemingly-logical (it can be total crap of a method to medicine that makes no sense at all, AS long as you sound convincing that as if it really works). Of course, sometimes you have to 'ask' if you want some things to take along the way...

(note: those of you confused or are unfamiliar with Roleplaying but like to participate, just keep thinking what if you're the character that you play in heRO. Realistically imagine that if you're talking to one of the Priests in Rachel in order to propose a method that can potentially be beneficial to what the Light Allegiance wants, such as the well being of St. Vitus, what would you say to sell your proposal and convince them? Don't think from a metagame point of view on "what's the prizes." If you want something in return... well, convince people to give it to you.)

-Connecting the honored members of the Rune Midgard Nobility with the common people-
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2008 08:42 PM by Prontera Nobility News.)
10-27-2008 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: [Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

As saddening as it is to admit, I sorta don't feel sorry for the guy. I've heard from??friends who went along side??him to seize Eudoxie that it was his own rash behavior??that was his downfall, racing ahead into pitch black coridors in front of the stronger, more battle hardened people rather than waiting for others to send alarm after taking the brunt of the many ambushes.(Perhaps he wished to die in battle and become a Martyr in the fight against Eudoxie?) Though being a follower of Hestia, I cannot ignore him in his pitiful condition.

Being a bit more of a Heretical (by the views of others of course~) priest myself, I have looked into??many methods of healing. Though as Impractical as they seemed, most?proved surprisingly successful??to their patients. Among the finer??ones I've seen, Acupuncture seemed to fit most with out predicament.

Acupuncture deals with drawing negative energies (possibly magical curses as well? well it probably won't do much harm to try) to alleviate pain and stresses from the body through the pores with many delicate needles poked delicately into key areas on the skin. It looks very uncomforting, but it is very safe if performed??by well trained Practitioners with sterile needles.

As most of our methods have failed already, it may be our best option,??unless he feels he must play chicken after such a bold and fool hardy behavior in Eudoxie's Hideout.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2008 10:21 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-27-2008 09:52 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

*Sighs* I thought we WEREN'T pointing fingers here. Well, just to get it out there, it's also our fault for not assigning a dedicated healer to him. Also, the tight, pitch-black tunnels were working against us...BIG TIME.

But enough of that.

It's clear that traditional, magical, methods of healing aren't working here. There are some wounds that just can't be healed by magic...the scars I bear on my body are proof of that. However, I find it a little odd that many of us fell in that raid, but we all managed to get back up. Yet Vitus didn't...perhaps he was cursed somehow? I think we should look into that. As well as anti-cursing methods if I turn out to be right.

(OOC: Yes, I know the reason Vitus didn't get back up because part of the rules were that he had to live. I'm trying to give an RP explanation, because really, it does seem downright weird that everyone except him was ressed from an RP standpoint XD)

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 12:17 AM by Fruityla.)
10-28-2008 12:16 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Fruityla Wrote:Yes, I know the reason Vitus didn't get back up because part of the rules were that he had to live.

Whoever said that to you...? Icon_neutral

10-28-2008 12:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

GM-Ayu Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:Yes, I know the reason Vitus didn't get back up because part of the rules were that he had to live.

Whoever said that to you...? Icon_neutral

OOC: Edit: Oh wait :O That's not what you meant. Well...clearly he didn't get up after he fell >>; and no other explanation was given

This is one of the people who thought he actually died Sweat

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 12:50 AM by Fruityla.)
10-28-2008 12:48 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

A truly disturbing event, i have to admit i was completely unaware of it.

As for a plan or a theory that will help St.Vitus, i think i have an idea.

His condition may not be something the healing abilites of a human can reverse, but i must remind you all, the arts of healing are far older than humanity itself.
Celtic legends mention a forest deity, known as Lesavka Chasma, possesing supernatural healing powers.

Recently, explorers discovered an ancient and isolated land, known as Moscovia. Surrounding Moscovia, is a deep Forest that extends as far as the eye can see, and dwelling deep within this forest, lives a Dragon known as Zmey Gorynych, this fiercesome monster protects the land of the children of Lesavka Chasma.(OOC: The little Lesavkas of course.)

My plan is simple yet dangerous, to explore the Deepest parts of the forest and search for a Child of Lesavka that is willing to aid us in this time of need. Yet, Lesavkas are shy creatures that lived for thousands of years without human contact, we must aproach them with utmost care, as the Rage of a Lesavka comes with the Rage of Zmey Gorynych and the whole forest aswell.

OOC: The plan is simple, a little run into Moscovia forest to ask for the help of a Kind Lesavka.

Also, i think we can use Hibiki's Lesavka Pet into all this. =]

And yesh, most of the stuff about Lesavka's having super healing powers is a load of junk, but they truly are Forest Deitys, i just made it all sound prettier ;D And Hey, they DO have heal lvl5...and lvl9 for the Zmey Gorynych Slaves =P
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 05:31 AM by Kretzer.)
10-28-2008 03:00 AM
Princess Offline

Respected members of the clergy, I am sorry for intruding, but I have an idea, although it may not be conventional, at the very least it does not involve using any dark arts.

I come from a far away kingdom, in that land my father is the king, which makes me a princess of royal blood, it is said that a princess' kiss has magical powers of a good nature, if it can turn a cursed frog prince back into his former self, perhaps it can bring back health to St Vitus since it is rumored he was cursed by Eudoxie. A chaste kiss of course, considering the vows taken by his eminence.

I can offer no guarantee that it would work, but since convenional healing magic has not worked thus far, I do not think we have anything to lose by giving this a chance. I am humbly at your service, should you deem the idea worthy to try. If successful, I ask for nothing in return, it would be rewarding enough if St. Vitus' health came back.

[Image: princesspeachxy3.jpg]
10-28-2008 10:41 AM
Parfait Offline

kekeke... this will give me the chance to show off the true power of my potions~! Dark magics usually tend to have a need of some sort of sacrifice to be undone. With my latest potion, any??ailment will be cured??by at least??89.92651639187%, be it curse??or whatnot!

I simply need the fresh blood of 7 virgin men (shouldn't be too hard to find around here <_<; ), Hundreds of ment and aloe, 5 glasses of your finest wine (either Morroc Fruit Wine, or Cullinary Wine stolen from kiel quest), A few Mothers Nightmare (The some of the ingredients of this potion need to fit the scenario of the drinker or??it'll be useless, and no mother would want to??see their child in whatchisname's position), and an Emblem of Sun God to give it it's power~! (OOC:~More skoll runs pls)

And of course I'll need some stuff to brew it,??say 15000 medicine bowls and pestle's (alchemist guild has always been short on pestles when the hell will they ever restock? the lazy bums), lets say around 5000 empty bottles, 5000 empty test tubes and 5000 empty potion bottles, and??2,000,000 zeny to fund faster brewing.

The Potion WILL work, I guarantee it! I'll be waiting for your reply! kekeke...
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 11:12 AM by Parfait.)
10-28-2008 11:10 AM
conch Offline
1 ea

hmm.. the solution actually lies closer than you may think. I have read from the Yuno Library once in my search for the Philosopher's Stone about a very complex process that would allow anyone to create such an item. It involves a long process of really long magic spells to finish, thorough understanding on the basis of magic itself, and a lot of catalysts and materials to make sure that the balance is sustained. I was actually able to notice that one of these steps involved healing magic which priests obviously are accustomed to mastering. One of the steps actually required people to sacrifice exactly 7 drops of blood from within themselves, which would resonate with the unfinished stone and allow it to achieve equilibrium. Now the trick here is that the wound will not heal immediately, and would most likely infect important parts of the body, mostly stressing negative energy on the frontal lobes of the brain. This would then require a lvl 10 heal of a high priest with 150 intelligence or a heal of someone who has complete mastery of its very magical foundations to cut the ties of the wound and the stone using a special mixture, and push healing magic with the help of the mixture deep within the person's bloodstream. This is where your powers come in, Mr. High Priest. I believe you have the capability to perform such a task without breaking a sweat. This process of healing may be used in other ways to restore all major body functions, and that is what St. Vitus might need in his time of coma.

This formula was actually derived from one of the hidden books of Yuno, which is why this may seem a bit unfamiliar to those others who have researched on the Philosopher's stone, it has already been tested with the help of High Priestess Sakurato, hence the creation of my very own Philosopher's stone and the evolution of my homunculus.

Now the thing here is that St. Vitus's unconsciousness may be caused by a severe internal wound growing within him, and that a solution to this may be to send a strong impulse of positive energy in order to cleanse away the negative one. Theoretically, upon reaching the brain, all vital parts of the body, especially the brain, should return to the control of St. Vitus, who can then push off the last bits of negative energy with his own powers.

I have once gathered the materials up to the healing process, and it involved traveling deep into the dungeons of Rachel Sanctuary, which is why i mentioned the solution to be nearer than you might have thought. Exactly at level 5, there are four fountains on the four corners of the map, which in the book says, that are holding water enhanced with the fusion of Hestia and Erebos's blessings into one condensed mixture. It requires the skill, "Aqua Benedicta," and also needs that it is done most especially by the best high priests around. Simply drawing the water might cause an influx between the power of Hestia and Erebos which might send of a large impulse of energy that could very much shake the very foundations of Rachel.

My service is very much in your hands, and that i will be willing to make the mixture which could then be used to bring back St. Vitus's consciousness back. The task is hard, as well as the process of making it, and thus i will need the following materials: 4 Holy Waters drawn from the springs of Rachel Sanctuary, 1 mini-furnace, 1 medicine bowl, 1 hammer of blacksmith, 15 gold bars. Alchemy has its trade-offs, and that the gold will be used to balance that trade to sustain equity within the mixture. These are desperate times, and i believe that with the power of the clergy, hardships can be moved about for the benefit of all that is good.

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
10-28-2008 11:40 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I must say I barely know Mr. Vitus very well. We had a very brief encounter in trying to stop Eudoxie's apprentices. However, as Mr. Okama has stated, he did venture deeply into dark catacombs where it was most difficult to protect him. I believe however that Mr. Vitus has answers to many questions I'm sure we've all been asking. I tire of Eudoxie's plots and her arrogance must be culled. Since Mr. Vitus can provide an end to these troubles, I find it also in my interest to help, and not just Rachel City or Hestia's

By the same token, I am also very aware of the dark servant Ostellos who has assisted Miss Eudoxie, and that I am also the one whose body he uses to accomplish his own goals for Erebos. However, these things are done against my will, I no longer have any desire to assist Erebos in his plans. I believe by helping Mr. Vitus I prove that I at least do not share the same goals as Ostellos. I also hope to prove to city Rachel and all the light allegience that I am not working in Erebos' interests.

As for my plan to assist, it involves some highly theoretical ideas I have yet to have a chance to fully test. We all know of Ymir, the Giant who created the world as we know her today. Ymir's heartpieces still are scattered in our land. I have a theory that the power of desire is its own energy. Now, we can simply place Mr. Vitus near the energies of Ymir and essentially make a "wish" for Mr. Vitus' health return to him and all wounds cleared. This will depend on two things also these being:
1. How strongly attached Mr. Vitus to life on this plane?
2. People must truly "wish" for Mr. Vitus to also become well. I hope that you are sincere in these desires as this is even more important than the first statement since the energies will be responding more to the one who makes the "wish."

When I say "wish" I mean that Ymir's magics seem to respond to desires of the will. These may come off as wishes in a sense in that you get what you desire by magical means. The reason I believe my theory will work is because Miss Eudoxie has stolen one of your heartpieces of Ymir from Rachel to use for her own magical means. I also have another reason to believe Kiehl is using its magics to create a new generation of robots more powerful than even himself.
(OOC: Eudoxie stole a Ymir Heartpiece around the time Ostellos took over if I remember right, and also Kiehl has been around and about a few times in the story trying to create a new body for the said spirit Ostellos. Darn you events that happened ages ago!)

There of course is a small magical ceremony to harness the energies but that is not difficult to perform. We will place Mr. Vitus near a Ymir Heartpiece, it is no secret Rachel Sanctuary holds several, so one of those will definentely work. Then we must prop Mr. Vitus so his hands will be on his chest, and put between his hands a crystal fragment. This will help I believe to channel the energies through his body as we must give the energies of Ymir a place to connect. I believe one person calling out his desire to save Vitus will be enough. It must be someone who is able to focus their thoughts on one thing, as wandering thoughts will lead to wandering desires and the magics will go haywire otherwise.

I believe however, if you follow my instructions, this will fix Mr. Vitus, and also prove a theory I have held for a very long time. However, magics typically have an exchange of sorts, and I am certain the magics of Ymir will certainly ask something of the one who makes his desires known to it. I am not sure what they will ask however, this will only be made known when that time comes if you choose to act on my plans. I am also easily contactable and will help in the performing ceremonies in Rachel City will allow me to.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-28-2008 12:54 PM