cry IMBA pls

RE: @main

you dont realize how many people hate it Icon_razz
10-31-2008 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I have roughly 150-200 @main screenshots of the dumbest conversations this planet has ever known. Someday when I am bored to death, I'll upload them and post them in a topic "Turn main off".

Hopefully that guy who just got a wink from a girl he's been chasing for 3 years and thought @main needs to hear about it

&

That guy who just got laid for the first time and thought @main needs to hear about it

&

That girl PMSing and hating people who have zeny

...etc

Will finally get a chance to see how SMART they look from the outside.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2008 04:35 PM by Bloody.)
10-31-2008 04:34 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

OH MAN SO WITTAY!
I honestly just turn main off if it gets too dumb. Honestly though, I can't bother to have it on often anymore, I got guild chat and parties, and pm's do deal with. And when I'm farming, even with battle log on now showing my item drops and @showexp off I honestly can't keep up with it.

I still don't think it should be turned off though, as it has a lot of good uses.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-31-2008 04:40 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I don't want it turned off either. What I said earlier was only for kicks and giggles. I know how useful can @main be at times, but I still think it should be off by default. It gets irritating when you switch between chars so often and have to turn it off over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Why should we turn main off and lose such an awesome feature just because a confused kid thinks the world gives a flying crap about certain details of their life?

But in all honesty, nothing gets under my skin more than those $#()$@()s who think the population gives a crap about their exp when they are at lvl 98 and keep saying on main

0.1%
0.2%
0.3%
0.4%
0.5%
0.6%
99.9%!!!!!!!!!

OMG WTF I DIED LIFE SUCKS I HATE MY LIFE *EMOEMOEMO*

I understand if someone gets excited about hitting level 99, but an update about each 0.1 or 1% ? Pssssssssssssssssssssst Icon_suprised NO ONE CARES Icon_smile
10-31-2008 05:02 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Heard of @main off, teOx? ;D

Maybe if main was auto set to off when you log in?
Then newbies won't get scary surprises, and people are at their own fault for turning it on in the first place? =P

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 02:09 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 02:08 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Duct Tape fixes everything Icon_wink

...Oh crap. *Runs*

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
11-01-2008 02:19 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

>;D

Are you broken, Lin~?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-01-2008 02:29 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

why should i turn main off because idiots think people care about the details of their life and feel the need to share every damn detail.

like bloody and aaro said, we're forced to either turn it off or stay and listen to the senseless dribble. its essentially a guild chat as if the whole server was in the same guild. does that really make sense to you by concept? im not as smart as bloody to turn something annoying into entertainment that you can laugh at for years to come.

i will quote oka's suggestion once again as the IDEAL main which keeps all of its utility and primary function
The legendary Joe Wrote:"everyone and everything that speaks on main about anything other than??B/T/S/A> stuff, party requests, guild requests, and Guild recruitment stuffs, and maybe the occaisional help topic (assuming it shows they've tried to do it themselves before asking for help) would be muted. Answers would have to be done in PM,??or else??he @stfu's you. "

^this. honestly. its perfect. more like a business chat channel and GM broadcast or something. if you wanna chat, start up an IRC or make a forum chat. makes more sense ;(

i still remember the instant i found out how many people are annoyed by senseless main dribble. someone dig up the 2007 end of year beef thread Icon_razz that was good times. sadly to this day nothing has been done Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 04:53 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 04:43 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Because I don't really feel like looking for the thread I had in mind, I'm just gonna put it this way:

This topic is gonna turn into YET ANOTHER argument about what @main should be like.

*Flees from topic*

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 05:02 AM by Fruityla.)
11-01-2008 05:02 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

And yet, you could argue that the vendors are the place for business.

The people who post "senseless dribble" may think that what we post is it, not what they post. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on what they think is relevant of not.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-01-2008 05:50 AM