Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: @main

really so youre saying that to some people

senseless dribble = answering questions on main, occasional greetings, conducting business

meaningful chatter = daily life problems, minute by minute updates about your homework or levelling, why he cant get that girl

then i must proceed to say that some opinions suck. in fact democracy has proved that i didnt really need to.

at the very least most people need to learn to use PMs more. ive seen 1 on 1 conversations last on main for nearly half an hour. i think it was you actually. sorry if it wasnt. no one wants to hear someone talk to someone else about personal and irrelevant crap for 30 minutes.

then again youll use the opinion argument and say that personal and irrelevant crap is something that alot of people probably are dying to hear. and really, i have no response for that Icon_smile

really, theres a difference between what could be argued, and what should be argued.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 06:42 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 06:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE:??@main

Ellie Wrote:The people who post "senseless dribble" may think that what we post is it, not what they post. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on what they think is relevant of not.

The people who share the view, that most of what is said on main as being "senseless dribble", are typically the ones who steer clear of main (rarely contribute/turn main off).

Sure, main is helpful at times and allows new members to access the community directly, but the amount of arguing that is spammed at times ruins it overall.

At least half of what is said on main belongs in guild chat. I can't understand what some people are thinking when they go ahead and post intimate details of their lives on main, hoping to get advice from complete randoms.

Whenever I @who people who seem to be particularly talkative on main (spamming what in my opinion is "senseless dribble") they usually aren't in a guild. The reason as to why they spam main becomes quite clear when I see that; they have no one to talk to so they vent on main instead, in the hope that someone will keep them company.

Here's an idea, instead of people dragging their personal issues on to main, I'll offer to give out some free emp just so people can make their own social guilds, invite all their main buddies and keep the "senseless dribble" where it belongs. Hell, you can even name it @main for shits and giggles.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 06:56 AM by Nidsrule.)
11-01-2008 06:52 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

When I talk on main, it's generally to my guildies, who are on other altnerate chars, and hence why guild chat, nor PMs, will work between us.
Too bad RO doesn't have a multi-chat for friend lists and the stuff. They have the 1:1 separate windows, though.

Then there is the problem with players putting down social guilds. I have seen this quite a few times, including to server newbies who only just made their own social guild, due to a gifted emp. <<
Especially smaller ones. Apparently to some players, WoE status or guild numbers is all that counts.

I will say I have w/ced a PM convo onto main a few times, and not noticed for a few lines. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 08:55 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 08:53 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:Too bad RO doesn't have a multi-chat for friend lists and the stuff

Yes they do >_> You add people to your friends list then type:

/hi Hey guys
/hi How are you doing?
/hi I got laid last night!
/hi I'm not a friggin' virgin anymore woho

And so on. Type /hi and it'll send whatever message you type to ALL the people on your friendslist. Not sure if there is another command but the /hi is 100% accurate ~_~
11-01-2008 09:10 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Aye, but in order for that to work properly as a convo, everyone would need to have the same friends, and people that do not want to recieve cannot easily opt out.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-01-2008 09:12 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Ellie Wrote:[size=small]When I talk on main, it's generally to my guildies, who are on other altnerate chars, and hence why guild chat, nor PMs, will work between us.

wait.. why wont pms work again?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:15 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 09:12 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: ??@main

teOx Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:When I talk on main, it's generally to my guildies, who are on other altnerate chars, and hence why guild chat, nor PMs, will work between us.

wait.. why wont pms work again?

How would you do a mass convo between many people in PMs, teOx, taking into account my last post?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:16 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 09:14 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

and why not put them all in your legion of laziness? or did i just answer my own question with your guild name.

i would like to thank you for using @main as your own personal guild chat which you just admitted to. we are all dying to hear what happens next to you guys!
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:16 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 09:16 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Ellie Wrote:[size=small]When I talk on main, it's generally to my guildies, who are on other altnerate chars, and hence why guild chat, nor PMs, will work between us.

So gather your friends, spend some time leveling together with 50% tax and invite all of your alts to the one guild. I'm sure you could all fit once you max guild extension.

Ellie Wrote:Then there is the problem with players putting down social guilds. I have seen this quite a few times, including to server newbies who only just made their own social guild, due to a gifted emp. <<
Especially smaller ones. Apparently to some players, WoE status or guild numbers is all that counts.

This is a silly reason to drag guild convos onto main instead. If people are worried about being "put down" for making a social guild, how can they chat away on main about topics of a personal nature? It's just laziness.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
11-01-2008 09:16 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

So let me get this right:

You use @main as a guild chat because YOUR guildies refuse to add each other on friendslist?

Meh I know I'll get banned when Pandora wakes up but f*** this. Totally worth it.

That's the DUMBEST arguement I've ever read in my life
11-01-2008 09:17 AM