Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: @main

Do you have any idea how many alts my friends have?
Obviously not.

But hey, if you think that might work, please feel free to;
1) Level my guild to a level where they can all fit
2) Break my friends' alts away from other guilds that they are also in, and may have friends over there, too.

Also Bloody;
Friendlost holds 40 people.
Mine is already over 1/2 of the way there, -without- alts being on it.
So, no. Not because they are lazy.
Because of game mechanics.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:19 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

that didnt address 90% of our comments. seems like a perfectly sensible reason to use @main as your guild chat!
11-01-2008 09:19 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

LOL...I expect a lock on this soon...
BUT, why not just party each other to chat too? Meet in Pront, make party, and chat and go about your businesses. It won't matter if you guys can share or not, as you'll not be on the same maps anyway.

And for advertisement cause I'm a dunghole...
I have loads of spots free still in Coffee Break that can house people from other guilds, and you might even meet some from other guilds you'd never expect or had even interacted with before ;D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-01-2008 09:20 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

YES lets all think of ways so inasad and her guildies can communicate better! SERVER EFFORT WE NEED ALL YOUR IDEAS gogogo they are depending on us!
11-01-2008 09:21 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

What didn't it address, teOx?

Not to mention that @main in itself lets people make friends, and the such.
Although some people's behaviour may scare off some newbies, other people's may help them fit in.

I do believe Bloody just finished posting in other thread that part of the good point of private servers is how quick questions are answered. Have fun, especially with newbies, to do that anyway else.

Edit;
Aaronock;
That presents a problem to chars that are in parties for share already~
One social partier can mean no share for the rest, if they are actually working towards leveling or some such.

teOx;
Your sarcasm would be more amusing if it was actually amusing. =\

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:24 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 09:22 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

You dont have to have all of their alts in guild at the same time. Kick/add their chars depending on what they are using. Stop making excuses for using main over guild chat for conversations that don't belong there.

Ellie Wrote:Not to mention that @main in itself lets people make friends, and the such.
Although some people's behaviour may scare off some newbies, other people's may help them fit in.

I do believe Bloody just finished posting in other thread that part of the good point of private servers is how quick questions are answered. Have fun, especially with newbies, to do that anyway else.

The whole "helping newbies" aspect of main is the only thing it has going for it in my eyes. Thats not the issue here. The issue is people dragging guild chat onto main chat, having people outside of said conversation insulting people originally involved in the conversation and flaming/arguing ensuing.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:27 AM by Nidsrule.)
11-01-2008 09:23 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol i have absolutely no problem with making friends and answering questions. i try to answer questions when i can as well.

dont change the subject. making friends and answering questions has nothing to do with what you are doing.

sarcasm is my personality, my points remain the same. attacking my sense of humor does absolutely nothing i couldnt care less if my humor doesnt amuse you.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:27 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 09:24 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:I do believe Bloody just finished posting in other thread that part of the good point of private servers is how quick questions are answered.

Answering questions on main = Why I love @main and appreciate it

Using main as your chatting channel / guild chat / party chat = Why I despise @main, wish it'd be removed and feel like killing the smart people chatting.

Quote:BUT, why not just party each other to chat too? Meet in Pront, make party,

THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO MEET IN PRONT >_> All they have to do is make a party then type /invite "name". They could party up from anywhere on the server for crying out loud.

But really now, stop giving good ideas guys. I'd LOVE to hear what Ellie has to say about her/his date last night.
11-01-2008 09:26 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Nisrule;
They change far too fast for that.
Tana and Rachelle are in my guild, for instance, Have you seen how quick they change chars? XD

teOx;
If I had changed the subject, I would have not addressed anything else in that post.
But wait, I did.
I simply added another point, somethign that actually had to do with the original topic. Woe is me?

So, I can make friends... but not keep in contact with friends...?

Have any of you seen a convo on main that is -strictly- my guild?
I said we use it, yes, I never said -only- we use it.

Edit;
Bloody;
Ellie is a girl. Female name. ;D
Last night? Was more hanging around, really.
We played Civ4.
Started a new game.
Then the Zulus and Aztecs declared war on us. But we made peace. We intend to kill them off again once we have more units.
But we may just be able to take them over from culture. We have almost all the wonders.
Any mor einfo you would like?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:30 AM by Ellie.)
11-01-2008 09:27 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

GUIZ GUYZ...GUYS! x)
Let's be reasonable! We are beating a dead horse. I think people have made their point.

@Ellie/Inasad
But if you guys aren't in parties already, why not party up to talk?
Leveling up the early levels of a guild isn't too hard. Then you can fit other alts in that aren't in guilds. Just use all the suggestions in the topic to fit the needs of your friends as you play and according to the situations! :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:29 AM by Aaronock.)
11-01-2008 09:28 AM