Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: @main

these are not rules, how on earth can a GM possibly moderate this? its not even possible to moderate @main unless its blatant abuse. i hope youre not blatantly trying to abuse it?

why is it so hard to be considerate of the 150 other players on main that are forced to listen to you? and please dont say just turn main off, everyone wants to keep main on for the USEFUL functions it provides. we would love to be able to keep main on without having to read a bunch of what is effectively spam to everyone that isnt in your conversation.

you have realized that by now right? when you talk to people personally on main, it is spam to everyone on the server who isnt talking to you. ALL I AM ASKING is to keep it to a minimum, why cant you just do that?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 10:07 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE:??@main

Ellie Wrote:I do not understand your question properly, Nidsrule.

Correct me if I misunderstand it. <<

Party share = withing 10 levels, yes?
Not in 10 levels = != sharing, yes?

When we party, we do use party chat.
However, this does not work for anyone we are talking to outside of that 10 level area.

Not to mention they may also be in a separate party with share.

Well, im going to be talking about the case where there is ONE share party and people outside the range to which you wish to talk to. Party share is based on the people on the map you are leveling on. If you use the command /invite on people outside of said map, the share won't be broken, you will all be able to talk in the one party and you will be able to continue leveling as a group.

In the case of 2 seperate share parties, too bad.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
11-01-2008 10:04 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: ??@main

Nidsrule Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:I do not understand your question properly, Nidsrule.

Correct me if I misunderstand it. <<

Party share = withing 10 levels, yes?
Not in 10 levels = != sharing, yes?

When we party, we do use party chat.
However, this does not work for anyone we are talking to outside of that 10 level area.

Not to mention they may also be in a separate party with share.

Well, im going to be talking about the case where there is ONE share party and people outside the range to which you wish to talk to. Party share is based on the people on the map you are leveling on. If you use the command /invite on people outside of said map, the share won't be broken, you will all be able to talk in the one party and you will be able to continue leveling as a group.

In the case of 2 seperate share parties, too bad.

This, I was not aware of.

teOx;
So this has changed from... people in my guild.. to me?
Yet, I have not posted on main, except for 2 lines, in the past... 4? hours.

And since Bloody is obviously on, and replied to someone's general chatter, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to support that. ;D

I am going to bed.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-01-2008 10:11 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

great the last 4 hours. yea thats exactly what we're talking about.

why would you think i only mean you? attention is obviously directed at you since youre the one responding. but the message all of us are sending applies to everyone who would do it. we are expressing our dissatisfactions and i think they are very reasonable dissatisfactions, dont you? after all they have been brought up many times in the history of heRO, several times by GMs themselves.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 10:17 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 10:13 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:the share won't be broken, you will all be able to talk in the one party and you will be able to continue leveling as a group.

Watch this person they are partying get fed up with their convo and leave party xD

Quote:and replied to someone's general chatter

Don't confuse me saying "disgusting" describing how a certain conversation on main makes me feel with me responding to "someone's general chatter". Either way, I hope you have a nightmare where the whole server is talking to you, your keyboard is broken and you can't answer :3
11-01-2008 10:16 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

teOx Wrote:ALL I AM ASKING is to keep it to a minimum, why cant you just do that?

Sounds like it is aimed at me.

No, the last 4 hours was an example that I am not 'always spamming up main' as you seem to think.

As you said, @main would be impossible to moderate, apart from the extreme cases, and have you looked at the amount of people who chat on it?
Honestly, to stop that would be near impossible.

Really now bed. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-01-2008 10:16 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

teOx Wrote:attention is obviously directed at you since youre the one responding. but the message all of us are sending applies to everyone who would do it. we are expressing our dissatisfactions and i think they are very reasonable dissatisfactions, dont you? after all they have been brought up many times in the history of heRO, several times by GMs themselves.
behold! another requote!

so now you admit that its impossible to moderate the main channel to avoid all these problems yet refuse to stop adding to the problem?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 10:19 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 10:18 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: ??@main

Ellie Wrote:
teOx Wrote:ALL I AM ASKING is to keep it to a minimum, why cant you just do that?
Sounds like it is aimed at me.

teOx Wrote:why would you think i only mean you? attention is obviously directed at you since youre the one responding. but the message all of us are sending applies to everyone who would do it. we are expressing our dissatisfactions and i think they are very reasonable dissatisfactions, dont you?

Edit: mines bigger.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 10:20 AM by Nidsrule.)
11-01-2008 10:19 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:As you said, @main would be impossible to moderate, apart from the extreme cases, and have you looked at the amount of people who chat on it?
Honestly, to stop that would be near impossible.

You put rules. You apply punishment. VIOLLA! You have a spam free @main Icon_winkNo1No1No1
11-01-2008 10:20 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:????@main

Nidsrule Wrote:Edit: mines bigger.
shut up
11-01-2008 10:27 AM