• 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Thing About Private Servers
Stix Offline
Bored Silly

Wink The Thing About Private Servers

Do you agree with this statement?
"Playing in private servers makes you less of a tough gamer."
I want to know your reactions.. Please Post 'em..No1
my friend believes in that statement that's why he doesn't like to join this server.Icon_smile

- Well not my fault, he's the one who is missing the fun!Laugh

[Image: 2dmcuu0.jpg]
11-01-2008 03:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: The Thing About Private Servers

Tougher to play in private servers really, forces you to do a lot of your own hunting.

In many cases, on a big server, money is the answer to everything, both ingame currency and real life currency.

That's why I think we forge a stronger bond between players and overall we work more for what we got.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
11-01-2008 04:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stix Offline
Bored Silly

RE:??The Thing About Private Servers

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:In many cases, on a big server, money is the answer to everything, both ingame currency and real life currency.

That's why I think we forge a stronger bond between players and overall we work more for what we got.

Very well said.Icon_wink

[Image: 2dmcuu0.jpg]
11-01-2008 05:41 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

in general, yes.

always? no. just most of the time and on hero.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 07:03 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 07:02 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I have learned more about RO on a private server in a month, than I learned in my 2 years on iRO.

Official servers might be challenging to some degree, but one thing for sure:

No one will ever help you even by answering a question. Back when I started playing on iRO, there were RARELY any fan sites such as RMS or such useful sources. Making the whole "Find it on your own" process much harder.

But when I joined a small private server, I started to understand the dynamics of the game faster and more clearly. Especially when your transportation isn't very limited to your zeny. Especially when you ask people questions and they would RACE to answer your questions.

Turn @main on and ask a question. On a good day, you'd get 3-10 answers then people would boast about who answered first.

Now, go iRO - Loki where Ashura/Rem hangs around. Ask them a similar question. The only thing you'll get from them is being ignored OR if you are lucky, a comment to make you hate yourself for asking.

Then you tell me that I have to PAY to be in such a place? I can't believe I was that stupid. The only 2 things I miss about official servers:

- The huge scale (LAGGY) WoE, which was endless fun.
- Less drama.

Did you ever consider the bad things about officials?

- Bot paradise.
- Pay to play.
- Unwillingness to help.
....etc

But you know what's the biggest thing that scares me from officials?

The fact that an Archer USED TO solo Eddga by sniping from cliffs on the Hunter guild map.

The fact that a Crit Sin USED TO solo most MVPs.

The fact that LoD & Arc Angeling USED TO be never ending farms.

The fact that all monsters USED TO have no skills and would only use mele hits.

The fact that MVPs USED TO be as weak as porings once you reach a certain level and have xxx flee.

yadayadayada...etc

All RO servers favor the OLD players and give them SO MANY advantages for being around for so long. But when it comes to officials.. It's like the old players were born in heaven and the new players are thrown into the sewers like scum. You can't join an official server and compete. You need an invite from some elite old player/guild who will take care of gearing you or handing you a ready account to play. It's impossible to join the race there. But when it comes to official servers, it's never late to join the race and you can always let your skills prove your quality as a hardcore gamer.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 08:41 AM by Bloody.)
11-01-2008 08:38 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

everyone would learn faster on private server. it makes sense cuz you level so fast and get to places and MVPs that you wouldnt be able to on official servers for... well... 5 times the playing time.

but the fact is when you pay to play, you will play more seriously. most of the time. the difference between the top tier players of official servers compared to the top tier players of private servers is pretty huge on??average. even comparing average heRO player to an average iRO player, the difference in skill and knowledge is huge in favor of the iRO player.

one of the biggest things official players mention is that private servers Svn emulation is at best a simulation of the actual game, littered with bugs, and coded by a team of people who have generally never even played the real game. i didnt feel this as much, but recently found to be very true. many things that should work on RO, do not work in Pservers. so i now find that to be accurate, particularly when it comes to high end mvping but also in alot of other aspects. not that eA hasnt done a damn good job. they do the best they can.

bots are more rampant of course cuz there is often real money involved. and the free trials werent helping.

official servers are full of asshole elitists. there is far more drama on officials too actually, its not even comparable.

both have their pros and cons.

summing up answer to OP question, yeah officials are far more hardcore in general and on most levels. and you cant get the woe/pvp experience that officials offer anywhere else. the truth is of course that most of us do not have the time/money to waste on being hardcore in a game, and private servers are an awesome alternative that suits most of us better.

also, about catching up. yes its far easier on a private server thanks to the rates, but a newcomer on heRO would catch up 10 times faster joining a large guild like LW where we help them learn and catch up and transcend chars within a matter of days. the same situation would occur on any older/established server, whether private or official
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 08:59 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 08:45 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

If it wasn't against the rules, I'd post screenshots from a PRIVATE server that has more than 200+ people in 1 castle. Their PVP room is NEVER empty either. If you want to whine about PVP/WoE situation, compare officials to heRO, not officials to pservers in general. On my old server, PVP room NEVER had LESS than 40 people. The population was 1400+ and most of them WoE'd.

Due to lack of @autotrade, there is a very small population of 50-70 vendors from the whole population.
11-01-2008 08:59 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

there is like 1 low rate server that has those kinds of woes/pvp. and probably a bunch of high rates but those are high rates. and like you said in your post, i meant "in general" so i see nothing wrong with my statements.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 09:09 AM by teOx.)
11-01-2008 09:07 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

My old midrate server at its peak had around 600-800 for each WoE. Every castle was fought for over 4 days. We had WoE for Pront, Geff, Alde, and Payon (Alde+Geff days were my favorite ^_^). Mmmm, but yah small guilds didn't really break due to how many mvp cards there were (bad influx of them from stupid rates the admins made). Anyway, I really miss the bigger WoE's a lot. I learned how to play WoE from a huge guild of Russians...BUT...

I actually learned more with a smaller guild when I worked with my bf in Zah_Worldo! Smaller guilds means each player matters more, while in a larger guild your role may feel slightly less important and you can make mistakes easier.

Eh, my iRO experience was during beta times and I played archer class back then. I had a horrible archer, and my biggest reason for not wanting to go back to officials is that the servers are just too old now and it would be stupid hard to become a part of that community.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-01-2008 09:13 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

midrates and highrates have higher populations, for obvious reasons. but we all stay away from those for obvious reasons as well. i dont think bringing them up is relevant.
11-01-2008 09:14 AM