Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salutations
Logester Offline
I'm aware I talk too much

Salutations

Well, I'm starting the download of this client shortly (need breakfast, then will dl during shower); I should be honest though; I've been trolling your forums for about a month or less now, learning about the server and its RP story... plus I haven't had much time to play RO, today being the first day in a while I have free time longer than an hour (and that's only because I'm home with a sore wisdom tooth).

As for my background, I played iRO on Chaos Server a few years back (03-06) where I had a total of four 3-month subscriptions where I played an assassin that only got to level 83 by the name of Ryal; and infamously had a pet Picky named Razorbeak. (Brownie points to those who get where the reference comes from) Then, in Jan 07 I joined a private server suggested by a co-worker at the call center I worked at. (I know the GM team prefers other servers not be mentioned; seems xenophobic, but it's their forum/server) On that server though, I have a 99/69 Assassin Cross by the name of Ryal Crossblade as my main. My only other alts that were popular among other people was my HP called Belief. So if anyone recognizes those names; Hi, I'm me.
I also played a game called Rising Force, and had a character called Ganlo (also the name of my LK on my previous RO server), just as an aside.

Basically, what caught my eye here was the wings feature when I saw it on RMS's low rate server listings; and the VERY well organized main page displaying the custom modes and links to where they are in the forum. (So a pat on the back to whomever designed that lay out). And then the thing that got me to want to play here was the RP event elements.
Although, I don't foresee me being a very frequent player due to the fact that I surprisingly have a life. Icon_razz (Which is part of the reason I stopped playing my previous server... but I won't go into those details) However I probably will jump back and forth infrequently between servers, as it is fun to have my 2 years worth of supplies that I collected on my old server.

Now, I have one concern that I must address... it involves my so called life that I claim to have. Icon_razz
I managed to get my new GF (of 2 months as of the 19th of Nov) to play RO on my old server, so there might be a chance that she might move to this server too... maybe... but she doesn't play much RO to begin with (we hang out too much in person Icon_razz). And here's the issue that might be a problem. If she does play, she would infrequently play at my place, and I at her's in addition to playing at our own homes, plus she *might* (likely not) play at her school on her laptop. Would 2 accounts crossing so many IPs be a problem to the GMs? I've read the ban lists, it seemed like they might have a problem with it (though to be fair,it was with someone who broke rules, and was given a 2nd chance; and I nor my gf break any rules... well other than the whole playing on illegal private servers like this and my previous one. lol) I see duel clienting isn't allowed, I can live with that, even if a 2nd account seems to be alright here, I'd fore-go that too if need be (x5 exp rate should take me long enough to level 1 character even).

Now, once that question is answered, it would come down to what class I wanted to play on this server. Since my main for so long as a sinX, I'd want to get away from that... I was thinking a toss up between a Spear Sader/Shield Chain Paladin or a vit/agi Alchemist (build a friend told me about, that let you tank for the homunculus to kill for you; and no, I wouldn't be an AFKemist). I suppose the alch would be better for the DC/OC, and I'm not sure about which class would have cheaper starting equips (my guess is alch for self made pots and daggers/nagan for melee vs sader needing armor, gj, ele lances, plus shields and cards for paladin)

...so ya, Hi, I talk alot. I'll get my ign posted once the char is created. I look forward to RP events once the little bugger is higher level. (Though I have seen the RP background thread also)

11-13-2008 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

RE: Salutations

Hi and welcome to the server Icon_biggrin

We have no problem with you playing from many different locations or even together at the same place, as long as there's the same amount of physical players as accounts.

So just stick to the rules and have fun Icon_biggrin

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
11-13-2008 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Long post ;o.

Hi, welcome! Hope you have fun on heRO.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
11-13-2008 11:27 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Welcome to heRO!! *fireworks* anyways hope ya have fun. Also from my experience Sader much much cheaper then a Alchy.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
11-13-2008 11:34 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

whoooee~ that was a big read.

Anyway, if you're looking for the cheapest starting gears, make your first character a Taekwon. Taekwons require virtually no gears, so there ya go, cheap city.

I'm glad to see another experienced Ro'er joining us. Say hi to your beautiful GF for me too Icon_biggrin

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
11-13-2008 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Welcome Logester ^_^ Thanks for your kind words, glad you enjoy our website design Icon_smile

As Vanadis mentioned, you can have as many accounts as you'd like, but you're only ever allowed to play 1 account per 1 real person, so if you play with your girlfriend it's fine, but if you play both her character and yours by yourself it's not.

Hope your wisdom tooth gets better and that you have a fun time on heRO! :D

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-13-2008 07:56 PM
Logester Offline

Thanks for clearing all that up. I don't believe in playing other people's accounts; the only time I'd go on her character would be to if she needed help doing a job change. (I did that earlier today on my previous server to get her past the wizard quest, as she has minor CP on her right side, slightly lowering the dexterity in her right hand... but she can play guitar, so figure that one out) Of course, I'm not even sure if she wants to join this server in the first place; I'm just the kind of person who goes through all the hypothetical scenarios.
Icon_biggrin

And ya, I know I talk a lot, it's where my fondness of RP'ing comes from.

As far as TaeKwans go... I don't understand their day-map thing, plus I don't think I'll be playing frequently enough to play them.

And actually... I've already made a merchant now.??=P
Toxin
33/24
str 32+2, agi 28, vit 11+2, int 1, dex 19+2, luk 1
+7 Main Gauche from the starter pack

Egg Shell + Mr. Smile (green trunks/whitish shirt)
Looking forward to getting better gear so I can sub out those lowbie headgears. I also need to figure out how to get a better weapon too, I suppose... I'm only doing 60-70 dmg in Payon Cave right now.
Well, I'm going over RMS now I suppose. Guess I've been too spoiled with how easy thieves/sins are to level and having it as a main.

Oh, and for the Homunculus AI, I did see an heRO AI... but I've used another in the past, mirAI [I think], it was done very well in the past, no kill stealing... kills your own plants though if you don't set it up right though, but I hope using that won't be a problem either.

Soon as I get a few more levels, I'll start nugging over to the RP thing though.
Ok, I'm shutting up.

11-13-2008 09:57 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

The heRO AI is just a modded version of MirAI (The code for the auto alchemist skills was removed to comply with the heRO homunculus rules).

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
11-13-2008 10:05 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

don't worry about it, i play with my GF from basically the same IP all the time (she usually bunks at my place on the weekends) and we never get any problem with it... i think as long as both players show that they are sentient beings it wouldn't be a problem.

anyhoo, you've probably played more RO than me, so all you need to do is probably check out the heRO forums and wiki for custom info. I find the customs here very well balanced, but you should take account for them because it is probably a bit different than your last server.

i think all characters can get to 70 with virtually no gear with no problem at all. Taekwons do tend to be even cheaper, but the usual spores-muka/wolf-hode path goes for just about all str, agi or mage int chars easily while dex chars could probably do floras and geos quite early and of course payon - GH for healers...

and having and OC/DC merchant should also help lots...

drops are a plenty here so zeny shouldn't be a problem. But in the 70s-80s (unless you like to stick to mavkas till 90) you should probably get some better gear which could cost anything from 500 k to 5 M or even more (depends on how picky you are about it)... xP

anyhoo, i've also talked too much. Go check out the RP section, i don't RP all that much (don't spend too much time in-game too -> posting from work xP), but the RP forum is sometimes good for a good laugh...

GL and HF

-w-
11-13-2008 10:12 PM
Logester Offline

@maha - actually I came from a 13/13/7 (5 on cards) server, so this server is lacking on drops in my P.O.V.
Icon_razz

I must say, the one and only thing I find this server is lacking is an @shopsearch (though I see it was suggested back in july with the forum's search function). At least with @ss, it would slightly reduce the PC>,B>,S> a LITTLE on @main. *shrug*

Now I didn't get to play much today (sunday), but I played a lot yesterday, and I must say I had a very lucky day. I managed to get 3 cards and a hat drop; even on my higher server that never happened in one day.
Poring, Skeleton and Zombie cards, and Poporing Hat.
Going to keep the last 3 times, but I saw some where's on the forums that poring cards can go for 300k-500k? Why is that? Sounds a bit odd to me, since they have an increased drop rates. (and @ss would likely verify my uneasiness of the price) =P

...and ya, leveling a merchant as your first class is EXTREMELY hard on lower rate servers. At least I'm 2 iron away from getting Cart Rev now (yes, I know I probably could have asked for 15 iron on Main, and gotten them for free, because they're easy to get with higher level chars, but I got a few levels killing and being killed by all those metaling)

11-16-2008 11:57 PM