Poll: What do you think of our daddy goverment( GM Staff ) in the interaction with our Hero Market?
i think they should stay out of our market.
i think they are making good control and modifications to the market.
i think they could make better changes.
i think those changes end up breaking the balance structure on the market.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daddy Goverment
Logester Offline
I'm aware I talk too much

RE: Daddy Goverment

Well, a key thing for any private server when comparing "balance" to the official servers is the rates.
iRO is 1/1/1
heRO is 5/5/3
The last server I played was 13/13/7
Now I know math can be hard for some people, but...
1=1
5=/=3
13=/=7

Any custom server is not going to be balanced because the power level of players [mostly new ones, which brings about a new topic of keeping servers thriving and alive with fresh blood] is not equal to the amount of money they have due to drops.
However, every server has its own specific balance point; iRO's is lower levels (about 30-50, due to it slow rate), my old server was about 70-80. (Now sure about here, as I've only been here a week)

Also, while I haven't played iRO in about 5 years, I would say it's far from balanced! Back when I played, the whole economy was based around OBB. There was a quest in Comodo where you could make them (usually I check the position of the quest on a server for the NPC before I state this... but meh), where you could make OBB out of 50 cyfer, 10 brigan, 5 clam flesh and 5 shells of some sort (the latter two being npc buyable in Comodo); and then you could vend OBB for 110k a piece in their prime when I played on iRO.

Regardless of the customization, unless it's ground shakingly game breaking; there's always going to be some 'imbalance' in the game. And heck, if you're going to throw real life economics into this; not even in real life is there a perfectly balanced economy.
Icon_razz

11-22-2008 01:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

For those who picked "i think they could make better changes." can always list what are some of these potential changes that you think will improve the server. We're always notified there things need to be fixed (when we have people who know how to change it get to it that is >_<; cause I certainly know nothing of coding to help the problem, unless the imbalance is related to prizes.) but sometimes we need to be tipped on how to do it.

Not that we'll always go through with all suggestions, but at least do suggest it so it gives us more options.

11-22-2008 01:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Mining :
- reduce drop rate of golds
- reduce drop rate of lvl 4 weapon quests stones
- reduce drop rate of elus **and of rough elus
- reduce drop rate of coal A LOT (its way unbalanced when you compare it with iron)
- Add some drops for money to compense
- Fix a bug : The miner npc say ~'you barely started' when you have top 100 points, it seems the script didn't got updated when mining limit got over 50 pts

Fishing :
- reduce drop rate of nemos and dories ( ygg seeds & berries for 5k and 10k...) way too easy for asura spamers in pvm
- Make the fishing rod breakable (very low chance, the player would just have to re-do it)

Mining & Fishing :

- Make the points going from "easy to get" to "harder to get".??Currently, it looks like the drop rate of points is going higher with levels.??
- Make a time limit per day for mining and fishing.??Something in the order of 20-30 mins per day per character.??Someone who really wants to mine/fish a lot would have to give himself the trouble to make multiple miner/fisher.??When you know you only have 20 mins a day to mine/fish, it makes those activities become something 'special'.??
- Make mining summon monsters, and make fishing summon more monsters.??

Nobility :
Got people into mining frenzy for golds, and elu price droped from 50k to 20k.??Same for lvl 4 weapon stones.??
Fix with :
- Give an alternative, something like 5 elu, 10 ori, 1 emp, for a gold bullion.??
- Make more quests requiring lvl 4 weapon stones.??

Hatter :
- Quadruple the cost of the zeny game

Gears that drops usables :
*db, bbs droping from gears, its fine
*taming giftset from gears, its ok
- Gift boxes : LOWER THE DROP RATE.??Santa poring was 100k before becoming hatter...

Thats all that comes to mind now.??

Ah.

- And raising drop rates to 5/5/5 would do it, but 5/5/4 seems decent (to do not disregard too much the work of people who geared themself in 5/5/3).??But anyway raising rates will be rejected like it was already when I suggested it before.??Of course, there would be the option to reset te server to set it 5/5/5, but...

- Eliminate the new tax from vending.??It just doesn't help to stimulate people to vend.??I know that the gm-team now try to take everything from updates, but in this case, it won't favorise some people in the detriment of some other people like it was the case for people hunting valk shields. *Krim leaves before the thread explodes =0 Whistle

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2008 02:07 AM by Général_Argos.)
11-22-2008 01:59 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'm glad enough that you didn't say "IT'S INCURABLE. KRIM WANTS RESET" XD;

Mining/Fishing been mentioned, I specifically brought that up myself. While we got an "awesome plan" (that will slow down rate of fish/mining but makes macro check easier to do too) with a plan, again it's always the same problem of we got no one to do it. By the law of "don't fix what's at least working" we just never got down to it... and technically I'm the only GM who doesn't have a coding project at hand, but that's only because I'm one of the only ones who doesn't know how to code ._.; (so that's why I take up RP, it's the one that needs no coding)

11-22-2008 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Just want to add that almost all of the suggestions won't work alone.??Exemple : Reducing drop rate of gold won't help a lot by itself, because most people will just end up spending more time in mining.??However, a reduced drop rate of golds while giving an alternative to make gold bullions will make gold miners think twice before spending an afternoon mining.??And people who want to use golds for other purposes than nobility will have a break when buying them.??

BUT, YOU TEMPTED ME AYU.??

IT'S INCURABLE.
KRIM WANTS RESET.

?____?

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2008 02:45 AM by Général_Argos.)
11-22-2008 02:45 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

*slap*

11-22-2008 03:02 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

suprisingly i agree with all of krim's suggestions and i think theyre all on the right track.

do something to make the old fishing spot less obsolete. maybe old spot for noobie fish at a higher rate and advanced spot for advanced fish only at a lower rate. so if you want fish to grind you need to go to lower spot as well as advanced spot. with advanced spot yielding more money of course.

something like
old spot = guppy, bass, trout, salmon, angelfish
adv spot = mutants, doris, nemos, more money
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2008 05:02 AM by teOx.)
11-22-2008 04:58 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:Make a time limit per day for mining and fishing. Something in the order of 20-30 mins per day per character. Someone who really wants to mine/fish a lot would have to give himself the trouble to make multiple miner/fisher. When you know you only have 20 mins a day to mine/fish, it makes those activities become something 'special'.

Somehow limiting how much fishing/mining can be done would really help in general so as to get people to do more than click spam an invisible npc to get free stuff.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-22-2008 10:42 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Krim you're such a hypocrite, at your eager request I gave you a quest to script, and it requires lvl 4 weapon stones so instead of suggesting that how about you get started on it hmm?

And the basic mining spot drops lots of coal because it's coal mine, there's lots of coal there in the rock that's all.

We already have plans for revamp of mining/fishing that include some of the changes suggested here and were planned before we saw those suggestions, afterall we have eyes too and we see how the economy is. Mining revamp is currently in testing phase, fishing will have to wait after.
I think hatter and nobility are fine as they are.
As for rates, obviously we are not changing them, that's not negotiable and you know where you can shove your eternal reset request.

As for tempering with economy, it's inevitable, I should think it a good thing if items that used to be useless suddenly gain a use, thus giving an opportunity of people to make zeny if they want to spend the time farming it while other people are too lazy to do it. I see memory bookmark selling for 100k, and lot of people who buy them would be well able to hunt it themselves, simple supply and demand. No one is forced to pack rat any item that might have a use, and if you want to but storage is too small you can always make a merch to simply hold or to vend.

Anyhow Gravity tempers with the economy too, like karvo used to be worth selling for 200z to npc and with the introduction of trans suddenly it was worth 100k in some servers. They make plenty of changes, so do we. And we never claimed to have nor want official economy, we're a unique server, not an iro clone.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-22-2008 11:14 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Pandora Wrote:Krim you're such a hypocrite, at your eager request I gave you a quest to script, and it requires lvl 4 weapon stones so instead of suggesting that how about you get started on it hmm?
One quest requiring lvl 4 stones doesn't mean more quest shouldn't require themself lvl 4 stones. And as for the quest I am doing, it's already started like I already told you, but you told me that quest was not in a hurry. -.-

GM-Pandora Wrote:And the basic mining spot drops lots of coal because it's coal mine, there's lots of coal there in the rock that's all.
Good for an rp reason, but whats with the balance?

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2008 01:55 PM by Général_Argos.)
11-22-2008 01:50 PM