Poll: What do you think of our daddy goverment( GM Staff ) in the interaction with our Hero Market?
i think they should stay out of our market.
i think they are making good control and modifications to the market.
i think they could make better changes.
i think those changes end up breaking the balance structure on the market.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daddy Goverment
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Daddy Goverment

maybe they dont think coal is a big deal BECAUSE of mining spoiling them lol. krim is 100% right.
11-23-2008 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I have a question: If coal is available ... why do we care? All I'm getting out of this is "omg, on iro coal is so hard to find." Are you complaining that there's not enough iron? Are you upset about the ratio of miners to forgers? I need more information to make the logical leap from "it's different" to "it's wrong."

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
11-23-2008 07:23 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Daddy Goverment

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:?I need more information to make the logical leap from "it's different" to "it's wrong."
What would it be if the gms were to put mvp cards into ocas to put more of them in the hands of players???It is not the case, but it is the same principle.??Your making an uncomon item as rare as a common one (read coal vs iron). That is were the logic is.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2008 07:45 PM by Général_Argos.)
11-23-2008 07:44 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i don't know about coal, i don't mine all that much, but i think anyone who has ever hunted down a skeleton worker card or sharpened legbone of ghoul would have plenty of coal in supply...

and steel is soo easy anyway due to pitmans... send a bolter mage down there and voila! (they're good exp too u know!)

and lvl 4 stones at 20-30k is still pricy you know..
i inadvertently started a 4-A quest and so i decided to finish it... i must have spent a total of at least 2.5-3M on that (emp, gold, stones)...
and i was lucky to have answered the sets correctly, otherwise i would have to buy some more...
and i can't even use or sell what i got... no market for it apparently...
anyway, projecting the costs of a 4-S with 25k stones each will put the costs of one set at around 5-6 M (emp anvil, gold, flower) and an extra 750k everytime you fail... so yeah i think that's pretty decent and not too-commonplace...
you really want to make those weapons unobtainable by telling ppl to hunt down mysteltains and executioners?
and even with all the market support (cheaper stones), my pal juggie seems to still be boggled down with the lvl 4 weapon quests... and he's a resourceful guy, mind you... he works hard, dang he spends way much more time than most people i meet and know on heRO... +1 to juggie!

anyway, i think panda and the gang has really given us loads of zeny sinks and quests... i now do not sell most "trash" drops i would previously sell without hesitation due to the fear that there will be a quest to suck it all up one day... nothing which has a drop of < 70% (with the 3x rates) or from hard-to-find or hard-to-access mobs will be sold and it's really clogging up my kafra... i really am anxious about what comes up next in that monster-extermination quest...

and i just got my nobility recently and i don't even intend to contend for the top 10, but those who do srsly put life into the gold mining business and i think that the nobility concept itself is really a good sink for all the mining being done, so i don't think the gold industry is screwing the economy... conch, J J J, and fates are crazy about the ladder, and they're really affecting the price methinks... the price of gold seem to average at around 140k nowadays... and that goes back to affecting the creation of lvl 4 weapons...

so don't worry, somehow the economy will find another equilibrium... things tend to balance out somehow...
equilibriums are not stagnant, mind you, so don't worry about the fluctuations... (though the legacy of dragon craze was a bit worrying at that time xP)

and at the end of the day, whether it be iRO, heRO, or whateverRO is there (and in real life too!!!), you gotta MAN IT UP... life (and games) are just a set of algorithm waiting for you to overcome it... sometimes the numbers are hard, sometimes they're skewed, but there's always a way to master it...

i appreciate and applaud all the constructive criticism, but please don't bugger the GMs too much about it... i personally would like to bugger my ISP and the whole SE asian internet backbone system for really dampening my chances in ToH... 10 s trivia is really a bane with my connection, especially when it acts up (and the monster rounds too when it skips a few seconds)... but hey, i've been to 3 ToHs without getting a wing but you won't see me quitting any time soon... life is a journey, learn to enjoy the trip... life ultimately ends in death, but there's no need to focus only on the ending... so enjoy... honestly, life and games are there to be enjoyed! if you can't enjoy, it then go find something else to enjoy...

+1 to the structured and constructive posts in these threads

-w-
11-23-2008 11:10 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Daddy Goverment

mahawirasd Wrote:and lvl 4 stones at 20-30k is still pricy you know..
i inadvertently started a 4-A quest and so i decided to finish it... i must have spent a total of at least 2.5-3M on that (emp, gold, stones)...
and i was lucky to have answered the sets correctly, otherwise i would have to buy some more...
and i can't even use or sell what i got... no market for it apparently...
anyway, projecting the costs of a 4-S with 25k stones each will put the costs of one set at around 5-6 M (emp anvil, gold, flower) and an extra 750k everytime you fail... so yeah i think that's pretty decent and not too-commonplace...
you really want to make those weapons unobtainable by telling ppl to hunt down mysteltains and executioners?
and even with all the market support (cheaper stones), my pal juggie seems to still be boggled down with the lvl 4 weapon quests... and he's a resourceful guy, mind you... he works hard, dang he spends way much more time than most people i meet and know on heRO... +1 to juggie!

No offense, but if it's currently too hard for you and jugger with current price market, you would have killed yourself trying the quests before.??
mahawirasd Wrote:so don't worry, somehow the economy will find another equilibrium... things tend to balance out somehow...
equilibriums are not stagnant, mind you, so don't worry about the fluctuations...
K, You've been here for 3 months, I've been here for 3 years, sorry.??-.-
mahawirasd Wrote:and at the end of the day, whether it be iRO, heRO, or whateverRO is there (and in real life too!!!), you gotta MAN IT UP...
^See my first comment in this post.??

-______-'

Krim's grocery list

11-23-2008 11:36 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

when did this convo center around me? Icon_suprised

fyi I'm as concerned about the gold market as anyone else, granted i'm not in it for Nobility, but it does take 20 gold per attempt at lvl 4 weapon /swt

So these zeny / gold sinks, if anything I think it's driving up the price of gold not lowering it, I'm surprised anyone will sell gold for less than 140k these days. I know a few people including me are still searching for 130k at no avail.

Unfortunately I am still buggered down in a weapons quest, but fortunately good friends supported me by helping me do the quest once I got all the items. Not with that said, it's still a load of gold to repeat the quests.

(OT: If anyone would like to do the Combat knife / byeo etc quest contact me so I can dump the items into the guys for you, it'd be a great favor to me to get the quest out of my way, and I assure i'm really good at Rock Paper Scissors Icon_biggrin)

And nobody is whining and saying its too hard argos. As smoochy the rhino (whino? /hehIcon_wink said, "[We're] not [whining], [we're] just adjusting~" Whistle

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2008 12:16 AM by Motenai_Ronin.)
11-24-2008 12:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Everoth Offline
Chivalry Heart

O.O...since when my poor tread became a source for whinning about mining anf fishing?...i leave for a couple of days and look at this Icon_sad i think even Krim made miss ayu and mis pandora mad...well...now that i think about it that always happens....

Loyalty to one's friends and those who lay their trust in thee.
[Image: Everoth-TeaCup.png]
Thanks Rika for the Marvelous Sign.
The Code of Chivalry [Image: e6wosw.png]
( http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/chivalry.html )
11-24-2008 06:54 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Don't feel guilty for what I made. :L

Krim's grocery list

11-24-2008 06:56 PM
Everoth Offline
Chivalry Heart

true...no need for it...hmmwhat about other sectors, we have seen that many people think about fishing and mining, but what about other things?....as for my own perspective....KRIM ARE YOU NUTS!!!!! quadruple the money for hatter!!!!! i can barelly hold on for a milion in 4 days and now you want thinks to cost more!! how in hell will ill be able to get that much hydra cards to supports such a rise in prices!!!

Loyalty to one's friends and those who lay their trust in thee.
[Image: Everoth-TeaCup.png]
Thanks Rika for the Marvelous Sign.
The Code of Chivalry [Image: e6wosw.png]
( http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/chivalry.html )
11-24-2008 06:59 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Meh, I doubt anyone else involved in our huge rant in Geffen last night is gonna ever post this, so I will since I so strongly feel this needs to get out.

Wanna help the economy? This is what myself and a few others think needs to happen:

1) Make the mining and fishing revamp #1 priority
Too much reward for doing practically nothing. Sorry but you shouldn't be making millions just sitting there and clicking on a spot for hours

...Oh wait, people just run macros. Against the rules or not, it happens. So now you have people getting insanely rich off of cheating FAR TOO EASILY.

2) Take the gold factor out of nobility.
This...kinda goes with the above. Gold promotes the above (Mining for hours) so now you have people dumping a ton of zeny gained SUPER easily. How is this bad? Well people fight for their ranks, which leads to MORE donating and MORE zeny being gone. Eventually, this screws EVERYONE over cause the rich now have no money to buy things from the poorer people who need money.

In short, gold is making the Nobility Zeny Sink too much of a zeny sink.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2008 07:53 PM by Fruityla.)
11-24-2008 07:32 PM