Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leaving the server [pending]
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Leaving the server [pending]

GM-Pandora Wrote:As for the banned accounts they stay banned. You're responsible for your IP.

This, I really don't get. <<

To play RO doesn't mean moderating the rest of the house's IP.
For instance, I generally play from my room at uni. The IP covers not only several hundred people who also live there, but anyone who ATTENDS there, staff and students alike.

How would the "be responsible for you IP" work there? <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-10-2008 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Leaving the server [pending]

I'm a bit confused now because of the Aries banning issue weren't Reaper and Uchiha's accounts also banned temporarily till the mess was fully sorted out? X_X

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-10-2008 12:13 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Aww man, I remember I we even talked sometimes while mining, sorry you have to leave like that :/
12-10-2008 01:07 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: ??Leaving the server [pending]

Ellie Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:As for the banned accounts they stay banned. You're responsible for your IP.

This, I really don't get. <<

To play RO doesn't mean moderating the rest of the house's IP.
For instance, I generally play from my room at uni. The IP covers not only several hundred people who also live there, but anyone who ATTENDS there, staff and students alike.

How would the "be responsible for you IP" work there? <<

No two computers have the same IP..that would cause issues :S. They're on the same range but they are not the same IP. Sooo if someone went into your room and botted on your computer yeah your account would get banned as well as the botter :o.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2008 01:21 PM by Sakurato.)
12-10-2008 01:19 PM
-benji- Offline

Well, I guess the verdicts out. Cry

Still, I'm hoping for some leniency such that I'll recover some items. It would be a b*tch to lose my ice pick and my inverse scare just like that. (sorry mel/flosshilde)

And by the way guys, I think I'll take your advice and kill my brother >.>
12-10-2008 01:21 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE:??Leaving the server [pending]

-benji- Wrote:Well, I guess the verdicts out. Cry

Still, I'm hoping for some leniency such that I'll recover some items. It would be a b*tch to lose my ice pick and my inverse scare just like that. (sorry mel/flosshilde)

And by the way guys, I think I'll take your advice and kill my brother >.>

yeah class is boring..post again>>!

Uh, no leniency will be given I think :/. People have lost far more items. Some even had items not on that account moved to that account and banned along with it >_________>. So sob I am sorry><.

If you wanna restart I can help you a little..PM me in game I'll you restart your sin with my HP. Buff/ Tank a bit..yeah sorry ben ):

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
12-10-2008 01:25 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Actually 2 computers on the same network usually have the same IP.

The "little brother" excuse just got old, if we believed everyone who said it no one would ever get banned for botting/macroing. We can't go to your house to verify, and even if we did verify that you really have a brother (which we wont), we wouldn't know really which one of you really did it. It's simpler that way, so if you have siblings playing make sure they understand the rules because those offense are punished by a ban on all related accounts. Same goes for lending items, if you lend something to someone and their accounts get banned your item is gone, so be careful whom you trust.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-10-2008 02:05 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Two computers on the same network will have the same IP online, however, WITHIN that network, they will have different location IPs.

So, those several thousand users at uni will be going off of one IP. And I know several of them atleast play RO. (yes, including those that live at the uni. XD)
One of them plays on heRO every now and then, too. (Though I don't know if he has ever used his uni internet account to log onto RO)

I must say, briefly in Ben's defence, when I have been mining, I have seen him when he is AFK in the bottom right corner of that area, away from the spot, and then have him come back when he returns, and talk with us.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-10-2008 10:11 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

well tough shait dude... hope you don't quit that easily though... (do tell your bro to go off himself rather than you get your hands dirty)...

making macros take time and effort, i don't believe than some1 that oriented would forget to read the rules...

winners are not too different from losers, they just get up that one more time when the rest decided to stay down...

-w-
12-11-2008 04:21 AM