Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
baby wings
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: baby wings

SN also gets highest flee possible, and even without using ToH/zodiac wings for double hp card effect, a SN can get some very remarkable reductions with HP on acceptable standard for a class between 1-1 and 1-2/2-2.

Not all gears are always meant to have major competitive usage, custom ones included at times. If you don't like it, the quest is optional and many people (myself included) often ignore it.

03-06-2009 02:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wallee Offline

Alright alright, I wont argue anymore, this thread made me wanna do an SN lol Ill make it participate in next toh and Ill screenshot gear and stats to show they dont need thos wingsIcon_razz

Will do pvp and monster Icon_smile
03-06-2009 02:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

@albus i know that, but i was talking just base hp, no mods, no cards, nothing but max levels. obviously no SN will be stupid enough to not go in without cards n such to better themselves.

also, something i will mention, though i'm sure not favored at all, but give the novice wings a slot, but don't allow SN to wear it, make them do a secondary quest where they bring the novice wings to an NPC to be replaced with non-slotted ones.
03-06-2009 02:50 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??baby wings

Frogboy Wrote:without the angelic set, SN hp is barely less than 3k (base stat, 1 vit) even with the +10 to stats, and absolutely no gear at all, add in angelic set and you're sitting at just under 4k and that's just hp, there's also sp to consider which SN have extremely little of, oh and weight so yeah we're not gonna carry around 100 fish just to keep our sp up just because we cast our buffs. many skills will still oneshot that even after reducs from WoE etc etc etc, and if not come close enough to make it an easy kill after that.

yes there's pneuma, yes there's safety wall, but to get them you're giving up other, more useful skills. or at least if you go for both of them, so you sacrifice one or the other defensive skill.

Can I get special dancer wings, then?
I hit 4k HP at 97 with like... 1 Vit.
And little weight.

You said there are more useful skills.
Are they more useful first class skills? =P

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-06-2009 07:32 AM
Skripi Offline

Yikes, things have gotten a little more heated in this thread than I'd anticipated. I resurrected this thread yesterday only because a couple GMs seemed to be pretty favorable on the idea of giving these wings a small but meaningful buff.

The way I see it, SN is a novelty class -- fun to make and play but not necessarily competitive in WoE, PVP, nor even high end PVM. I was definitely NOT looking for something to make SN competitive at these things... just a little buff that might up the fun factor and leveling ability a tad.

And it's not an idea I would have ever even suggested if a couple GMs weren't originally supportive of the idea in this old thread.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2009 07:57 PM by Skripi.)
03-06-2009 07:56 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

sorry to have contributed to the fire instead of helping to put it out lol, i just tend to get heated when it comes to SN. i've played them a lot, and although not really the best player, i still understand the class quite well.

i also agree with you, just something to up the fun factor, to toy around with, which is why i suggested maybe implementing specific second class skills at low low levels.
03-07-2009 02:16 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Maybe a small boost to baby wings for super novice is not out of the question, I'll think about it ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-18-2009 10:20 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

all i have to say is...THANKS! =) i think that's fair for the wings.
04-09-2009 12:50 AM