Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto-Shutdown
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Auto-Shutdown

@aki - i have seen several cases where what i stated was true, that panda or ayu or someone had seen it, but they chose not to comment on it until they felt they had a clear answer to give. i don't plan on going back and digging those topics up cuz it isn't that big a deal i don't think, i was just trying to prevent impatience from people wanting a response out of a gm as that has happened in multiple other topics, typically ones in the whine section.
12-11-2008 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I read the thread, was kinda neutral on it, decided to let other people give input and come back later.

If some players want to add this to their AI as a fail safe method in case they fall asleep I have no problem with it and think it's a good idea, no list posted anywhere however, I wouldn't rely on that anyway. It can be good incentive to stay active, you know you have to move or do something or your client will close.

I suggest putting it at 2 minutes, but it is to be used only as a last resort, don't rely on this to afk, Like, don't leave the computer for a minute and a half just because you got this 2 minute auto log out. We recommend always putting your homun to rest or passive if you leave the screen, even if it just to close the tv or go to the bathroom. In situation of dire emergency you wouldn't think of it or have time to do it of course, but then again when in emergency you also wouldn't have time to say "I'm Sexy :D" in guild chat either.

Also just a note: if you're sitting at your computer but your computer screen is not in sight because you're watching tv, this is pretty much being afk (away from keyboard), let's not play with words.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-11-2008 11:42 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

*sitting at table*

take sip of drink = afk?

put on a sock = afk?

how about alt tab?

how about if you alt tab while watching screen, cuz vista can give previews of any window in your task bar so you play RO while browsing internet / doing email etc.

how about if your hands are on the keyboard but youre looking at tv, not "away from keyboard" now right? no more playing with words.

how about if something gets in your eye?
12-11-2008 12:45 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

I think afk leveling is quite simple Teox......youre not working with your homunc, you re letting it kill while you do other things. For example, do you train you sinx while watching tv? If so......whats that called?

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
12-11-2008 01:05 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

its not simple at all. did you even read anything?

ctrl click levelling with flee chars. you can just just click on a monster then look away for however long it takes to kill. then you look up again and simply click on another monster.

with homun its the same thing. you will watch the homun to keep his sp up and feed him. but other wise there is no need.

so whats this server's definition of afk?
Quote:take sip of drink = afk?

put on a sock = afk?

how about alt tab?

how about if you alt tab while watching screen, cuz vista can give previews of any window in your task bar so you play RO while browsing internet / doing email etc.

how about if your hands are on the keyboard but youre looking at tv, not "away from keyboard" now right? no more playing with words.

how about if something gets in your eye?

how about if you are like tom and your mother fell and you had to help her for 1 minute then got banned after playing here for years never breaking rules?

i dont even have a homun, just curious
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 01:36 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 01:31 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We don't really care what goes on in your real life, be it putting socks on or drinking, all we ask is that you comply with botcheck/macrocheck/afkmisting checks and that seems easy enough for most people.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-11-2008 04:08 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

so do whatever you want as long as you can pass a check.

lol.

its common knowledge that alchemists love abusing certain spots with instant spawns for exp money and resources. places like those that let you level without moving are awesome and probably made for alchemists. the only thing they have to fear from those is falling asleep?

besides you brought up the afk issue and so i asked questions that you couldnt answer.

panda Wrote:if you're sitting at your computer but your computer screen is not in sight because you're watching tv, this is pretty much being afk
panda Wrote:We don't really care what goes on in your real life, be it putting socks on or drinking, all we ask is that you comply with botcheck/macrocheck/afkmisting checks and that seems easy enough for most people.

summary:
1. afkemist against the rules but should not be a full account ban like a botter because the difference is that afkemist are honest players that just slipped up.

2. all alchemists are provided a way to study while levelling homun in this thread. just tap the screen somewhere while sitting once a minute and go nuts. YOU HEARD IT HERE, they dont care what you are doing as long as you pass bot checks. quote provided a few lines up.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 04:35 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 04:32 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Would also mean that we can bot if our bot pass the bot check. o___O

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-11-2008 04:48 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yep. which is a damn easy thing for a decent botter to do. go nuts krim!
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 05:00 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 04:59 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

@____@

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]