Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto-Shutdown
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Auto-Shutdown

We've long decided that Afkmisting, botting and macro are all punished with ban, therefor your summary 1 is incorrect, it is only your own opinion.

We punish what we catch and it's the same in real life, you can technically murder someone and the authorities can't do much unless they can prove it, doesn't mean you should.

People who get caught usually try to provide a story for what "really happened", we can't see what is really happening behind their computer screen, therefor excuses aren't excepted, be they little brother, a mother falling or an 8 year old illiterate cousin feeding your homun for you.

Your summary 2 is also incorrect, because tapping the screen every minute does not equal passing check.

Stop playing with the words and go play the game instead.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-11-2008 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

It's not that hard to understand.

heRO rules Wrote:Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

Too busy putting on your sock and failed to pass a bot/macro/afkemist check? There's your answer.

And if you think that moving constitutes as passing a bot check... I ask you to seriously reconsider that one ^_~

12-11-2008 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diallo Offline
I Love The Barenaked Ladies. <3

I clarified my reason for why i said what i said, Pandora. I didn't want to let people worry that this did happen to my mom so i acted like my old self, and i said something goofy, then peaced shortly after. i was at the hospital i think i'd know the shi* that went on. More to the point, i wasen't even gone for too long. Did i auto feed? No. A simple check to see how she was call, come back, then peace to the hospital, finding out later that fun, i'm banned.

[Image: Stuntbum-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 05:51 PM by Diallo.)
12-11-2008 05:50 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Auto-Shutdown

GM-Pandora Wrote:We've long decided that Afkmisting, botting and macro are all punished with ban, therefor your summary 1 is incorrect, it is only your own opinion.
yes. im glad you were able to figure out that it was a summary of my post and thus my opinion. but thank you for letting me know it was a long decision and thus correct.

panda Wrote:We punish what we catch and it's the same in real life, you can technically murder someone and the authorities can't do much unless they can prove it, doesn't mean you should.

People who get caught usually try to provide a story for what "really happened", we can't see what is really happening behind their computer screen, therefor excuses aren't excepted, be they little brother, a mother falling or an 8 year old illiterate cousin feeding your homun for you.

Your summary 2 is also incorrect, because tapping the screen every minute does not equal passing check.

Stop playing with the words and go play the game instead.
do you really not understand the point? by saying what you said about checks you are not discouraging people from doing other stuff while levelling a homunculus. people can study/alt tab and do tons of stuff while levelling if they plan it out right. why else was i trying to get a definition of afk?

and i dont know where both of you GMs got the idea that i said clicking the screen passes a check. i said it implying that clicking screen would reset autoshutdown timer because it changes the way you sit if you click randomly. you will pass a bot check by doing this as well because you are drawing minimal attention to the screen. if i am alt tabbed out, while checking the vista task bar preview of hero every few seconds while levelling, is this fair? do you want to encourage that? its impossible to get afkemist banned this way as well as long as you have autoshutdown right?

do you get it yet?
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 05:53 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 05:52 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Diallo Wrote:I clarified my reason for why i said what i said, Pandora. I didn't want to let people worry that this did happen to my mom so i acted like my old self, and i said something goofy, then peaced shortly after. i was at the hospital i think i'd know the shi* that went on. More to the point, i wasen't even gone for too long. Did i auto feed? No. A simple check to see how she was call, come back, then peace to the hospital, finding out later that fun, i'm banned.

Times like these are indeed very rare and very unfortunate that sometimes laws are made against the overwhelmingly large problem and while it is effective, it may come at the cost of the very small minority. There is no way we know what happens on the other side of the screen. We can only interpret what's presented to us in the server itself.

Which, in these cases, adding this "auto-shutdown" process may not be a bad thing, but as suggested, you may want to lower the timer to perhaps even 1 minute to avoid any possible misunderstandings of any kind. It doesn't seem like a bad idea to safeguard yourself against emergency.

*However* do note that GMs will take highly suspicious stance if we're just on to a bot check, and your auto-shutdown "just happens" to keep logging you out in those hours... we do take note of who "disappears" consistently when we're coming by to do checks. So please take this in mind if you plan to use this at your own risk.

Again, failure to pass a bot check, macro check or afkemist check, regardless of any *actual reasons* will constitute as the same as botting, macroing or afkemisting. Likewise applies if you happen to log out whenever we are doing checks on a consistent basis, we will also grow suspicious of you and take other measures to investigate on what is with the frequent log out whenever GM is on the same map as you.

I don't mean to sound like some secret state police eyeing you every step and you can't do anything. It's not that hard when we ask you to sit and you interrupt your training routine to sit for a good 10 second hm? Your 10 second of time answering a simple check will contribute to a bot-free environment for the entire server.

12-11-2008 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

why would someone log out when a GM is near
12-11-2008 06:33 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

teOx Wrote:why would someone log out when a GM is near

Auto detect function, and it's things like this we rely on report cause we will never be online at the same time as them. They appear extremely stupid in normal players, because their only defense is to log off when GM is on, so they can never be checked.

12-11-2008 06:36 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Easy defense would be to have a gm character on 100% of the time for those bots.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 06:40 PM by Général_Argos.)
12-11-2008 06:40 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Easy defense would be to have a gm character on 100% of the time for those bots.??

If you pay my electricity bill Krim Ok

12-11-2008 06:45 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i know those fail bots exist. im more confused why we're suddenly talking about them and what they have to do with autoshutdown unless youre worried everyone will suddenly bot and use that as an excuse?

it would be a horrible idea anyway
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 06:48 PM by teOx.)
12-11-2008 06:47 PM