Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Final Fantasy III on DS
thydipptimon Offline
Banned

RE: Final Fantasy III on DS

Hi Everyone..

So I'm making my way through the early Final Fantasy games (I had only played the original NES FF1). I've got the first and second games on PSP, and see that I can play IV, V, and VI via GBA remakes or PSX.

Are the DS remakes worth playing through as a first time experience? I've toyed with the idea of getting a DS for awhile, if these are vastly superior to the GBA or PSX versions then I might bite the bullet. If not then I'll be giving up playing III I suppose.
09-23-2009 04:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE:??Final Fantasy III on DS

thydipptimon Wrote:Hi Everyone..

So I'm making my way through the early Final Fantasy games (I had only played the original NES FF1). I've got the first and second games on PSP, and see that I can play IV, V, and VI via GBA remakes or PSX.

Are the DS remakes worth playing through as a first time experience? I've toyed with the idea of getting a DS for awhile, if these are vastly superior to the GBA or PSX versions then I might bite the bullet. If not then I'll be giving up playing III I suppose.

They're worth it.

Basically, you take the previous, make the world in 3D, and add some extra boss (in the case of FFIV DS, not sure about III).

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
09-23-2009 05:40 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

FFIII DS does have a special area, though it requires using the Wi-fi connection to unlock a lot of hidden things in the game, though those items are not necessary to complete the game, they're just fun to get.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2009 11:36 AM by Frogboy.)
09-23-2009 11:36 AM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

For those who don't know, to use WiFi and connect around the world, you require a wireless connection, either a wireless LAN or a USB WiFi Adaptor. Or a public place with WiFi, but that's rather inconvenient. I myself have FFIII and a DS, but no WiFi, so maybe if/when I get my WiFi adaptor, I'll see if I can connect to ya. Although... I cheat. >.>

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
09-24-2009 09:28 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

lol, what a cheater! Icon_razz also, if you take your DS anywhere there's an open Wi-Fi connection you can configure your DS to connect to that hotspot without the need for the adapter. of course it's only a temporary thing as you're probably not going to spend your entire time at that spot.

the other alternative is to have the DS search for nearby wi-fi connections and if there are open and unsecure connections then you're set to go.
09-26-2009 03:48 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

I know, but my neighbours don't seem to have an open and unsecure connection and the closest WiFi locations that were listed on the net were like, an hour+ drive away. So, no go. WiFi Adaptor is the way to go, and even then it'll be sporadic >.>

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
09-26-2009 11:56 PM