Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HALP!
Katscratch Offline

HALP!

I'm new here, and, strangely enough, having a really horrific time trying to get into the game. The splash screen comes up, but as soon as I hit 'Start' my computer will think about loading it for about 3 seconds, then close the program entirely.

Can anyone help me?
12-22-2008 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: HALP!

Make sure your sakray is updated and you've patched heRO. Make sure that heRO is installed in a seperate folder than any other pserver.

Did you run the setup.exe first? To set the display and sound? If you have a data folder, you can rename it.

If these things don't help, please post a picture of your folder using a picture hoster like http://imageshack.us/ or something else.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
12-22-2008 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Katscratch Offline

I downloaded the 'Full' option from the link on the front of your site, and it was the only ragnarok files I've downloaded. It didn't connect after that, and I've downloaded the patches about four times. (Patch process complete at 79)

I picked to download witout sound, maybe that's what's caused it?
12-22-2008 01:23 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Well, make sure you've run the setup.exe to set the sound and graphics. The patch is complete at 79 at this time.

Can you post a picture of your folder?

The Cake is a Lie

12-22-2008 01:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Katscratch Offline

I just went throught he setup.exe (Sorry, I missed that when I was reading your post the first time), I've set it to no sound.

I'm not sure why my computer does not have MS paint, but it's missing for some reason- Is there another way to get the image to file so I can upload it?
12-22-2008 01:34 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Not quite sure what you can use without MS paint, maybe someone will have an idea Icon_sad

Did you update sakray.exe too?

The Cake is a Lie

12-22-2008 01:41 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

I like to use http://www.irfanview.com/ as my main picture viewer, to take a screenshot, press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard, open IrfanView and press Ctrl+V. It'll paste what you were seeing when used PrintScreen. Then just save it in jpeg/jpg and host it on http://www.imageshack.us.
12-22-2008 01:47 PM
Katscratch Offline

I'm not sure how to update the sakray.exe, the download page didn't mention anything about that, how do I do that?
12-22-2008 01:49 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Simply run sakray.exe, andit should bring up the patcher and run through itself.

Bear in mind, it all needs to be done in one sitting, as it does not save until the end.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-22-2008 01:53 PM
Katscratch Offline

Everyone here is being so helpful, it's great.

Here's a shot of my folder, I think there are some things in here that weren't there when I first downloaded the file :S I'm not sure where they came from.
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rofiledv4.png

Edit: I'm updating the sakray now, It was all in korean jibberish, I didn't know what it was talking about.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2008 02:06 PM by Katscratch.)
12-22-2008 02:00 PM