Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forced XP Tapping/Leeching
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Forced XP Tapping/Leeching

wish i had that luxury...
too often those anubis land an SB on me right after i asura them (links to the damage-counter thread next door)... double KO... not pleasant at all considering i loose exp and the fish... /sob

yeah and what's worse is when someone comes along and finishes a half-done anubis (that killed me) just cause my blessing wore off as i asura'ed the monster...

yeah i understand why some mobs are left like that, but i wish sometimes that i get the full exp (coz the other guy was either killed or is not in the same map at the time i killed the monster) just to pay off all the times i died coz of delay etc... xP

-w-
12-28-2008 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Forced XP Tapping/Leeching

The behavior you descripted (leaving mob alive with little hp) is not technically against the rules, and as far as I know it's not common practice either. If the situation degenerates we'll see if it calls for a new rule, status quo for now, everyone should share the map.

Some clarifications:

Mobbing is not against the rules on most private servers, including this one.

Leeching is also not against the rules, although frowned upon.

Luring monsters onto someone or hiding to drop the aggro on them IS however against the rules.

And about the party exp this has nothing to do with what you are describing here.

For each person that touches a mob it yields an extra 15% exp, that's been so for a long time and this comes from official server, this is not custom.

What we added custom is a 3% extra exp per party member in a share party on the same map, but that can't affect you unless you are in a share party with the person committing this, which I doubt.

Hope that clarifies things, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-29-2008 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply