Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forced XP Tapping/Leeching
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Forced XP Tapping/Leeching

the scenario you described would be considered leeching and if you can determine the person who is doing as such then they can and will most likely be jailed or banned or something.

in the case of anubis i'm not sure of a good way of countering something like this as i don't really know of a way to heal undeads, but for anything not undead, just get a vitata card and heal away then kill the monster yourself. granted this makes you use up extra resources, but it would ensure that all effort on part of the other individual was wasted.
12-23-2008 04:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Forced XP Tapping/Leeching

Fenrisulfr Wrote:PS I've never once seen an Anubis Teleport my whole time Leveling there, both Heal Bombing or TUing... (/swt) You guys sure he Tele's?

I've made them tele a couple times on my dancer trying to keep it out of spell casting range but still in my attack range, but I suppose it could be done with traps too. Usually teleports when i shoot it so it can't see me and I spam some more attacks, and they think it's being rude attacked /swt

[Image: anubisskillfg6.png]

A small list of Anubis's skills and when they'll use them, and what % chance they'll use them at, courtesy of ratemyserver.net
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 04:51 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-23-2008 04:46 AM
Fenrisulfr Offline

[Off Topic]

Going to take a stab at it and say "rude attacked" is when you attack and it can't attack back (would explain why as a Priest, I never triggered that before). Though, not sure why Trapping works with them then *shrugs*

Thanks for that though *claps*

[On Topic]

Not looking to get anyone in trouble. Really just trying to get a feel of people's thoughts on the matter but I thought a Poll would be awkward /swt
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 05:06 AM by Fenrisulfr.)
12-23-2008 05:04 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I don't see what's the problem at all...

-if a monster isn't aggroing anyone already, it's FFA

-if a player purposely lower a monster's hp down then let someone else kill it, you really do affect the spawn rate so it's really just lowering exp/hr. Not to mention, it's honestly hard to try to have the boosted exp overcome the shared exp.

-if another player wants to remedy this problem, just kill it asap and a new one will respawn elsewhere. You do get exp for finishing it off. It does *not* waste your resource to really finish off a monster that someone started. It is weakened afterall, so while you do get less exp for what could have been a full hp kill, you get an easier time at it.

The only real "problem" with this is for MVPs. MVP gets significantly harder, usually using power up, agi up and other much more deadly spells as their hp go lower, so it takes more work to get the last push to kill it. But MVP is FFA afterall, and you miss out the mvp item portion of it then.

As for leeching, it's acceptable in heRO as long as you aren't leeching while being AFK (which the server got its own exp-share auto-off to deal against that.)

And yes, you are right on rude attack. In any state if the monster considers it as out of range to strike back or impossible to strike back, it'll be in "rude attack" status and activate whatever spell it uses for rude attack.

12-23-2008 05:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fenrisulfr Offline

So just to make sure, you're saying that if I'm, say, a Knight, and I leave all the Anubis on the Map at 2K HP and make all the Alchies/TU Priests Tap EXP for me to Cycle the Spawn so I can repeat the process, that's fair game? And if one were to Level an Aco by Heal-Tag-Tele in Anubis (assuming one does not die doing so) to Leech EXP off other people's Kills, that is fair game as well? And this is because they are not MVP monsters and such tactics affects EXP per Hour but not Spawn rate technically (as you only rob them of their chance at EXP but not the Kills) correct?

Thank you again for your time! Much appreciated.
12-23-2008 07:02 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

as long as you don't hit them when they aren't in aggro (and thus fall into no KS type of thing then), sounds fine to me.

Note that forcing a monster to lose aggro by Recovery counts as disturbing the target monster equivalent to buffing a monster in hopes of having the monster to screw the player up.

12-23-2008 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spire Offline

Would it be wrong of me to tap a mob someone is hitting to boost their exp? Ex: Hitting an Anubis with a dagger (as a caster build)

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
12-23-2008 08:30 AM
Ryu Van Burace Offline
Team Awesome

See as an aside, when I'm levelling at Anubises, I actually like it if I see priests doing what one particular player does: s/he buffs me, whacks them once with a rod and then ports away.
Increased xp for me and buffs? Can't beat that.

"Make love to me Snake! I want you!"
"Duude!"
"You're supposed to hit her"
"Damn right I'm gonna hit that!"
-Metal Gear Awesome
12-23-2008 08:30 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Forced XP Tapping/Leeching

GM-Ayu Wrote:as long as you don't hit them when they aren't in aggro (and thus fall into no KS type of thing then), sounds fine to me.

Note that forcing a monster to lose aggro by Recovery counts as disturbing the target monster equivalent to buffing a monster in hopes of having the monster to screw the player up.

isnt the point of OP that people are abusing tap?

if someone goes around hitting every anubis down to 1k like OP said, that ruins the exp completely for all TU priests who come across it, just so the first guy can gain an exp boost. yet they have no choice but to kill it if they want respawns to continue levelling.

if someone is doing it, its obviously an abuse. problem is that its hard to regulate.

ayu Wrote:-if another player wants to remedy this problem, just kill it asap and a new one will respawn elsewhere. You do get exp for finishing it off. It does *not* waste your resource to really finish off a monster that someone started. It is weakened afterall, so while you do get less exp for what could have been a full hp kill, you get an easier time at it.
what about TU priests who rely on oneshot. they spend time to TU and only gain crap unless they heal bomb which still takes time. when people find an anubis they gain 140k exp. when they find a weakened one they gain crap. same with all classes. there are only 15 on the map. thats easily an abuse as well as severely hindering other players levelling if someone is actually doing this abuse.
12-23-2008 09:14 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

Well, I'm a blind SG, and whenever I'm at hill winds, I don't realize 2 hill winds appearing out of nowhere is from a sin running around screaming "Lalalala~" so would that be considered KS if I appologize? Sweat

SGs are REALLY blind.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
12-23-2008 10:05 AM